Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

12/10/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Dogf
I think paragon levels should up your crit chance and crit damage, so I can devote my gear purely to pickup radius.

Loved it!! hahahaha
Reply Quote
I have 24 yards, i vacuum up gold halfway across the screen heh :D
Reply Quote
Pickup Radius is one of the coolest feature of Diablo 3 that made it a better game than D2.

Finding equips with the said affix makes gearing more fun.

i <3 forums.
Reply Quote
And pickup radius is fairly important in PVP if you have seen the 2v2 PVP video.

The winning team is controlling the health globes if you noticed.

Getting pickup radius and health globe bonus is also a valid PVP gearing strategy.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by SoapBox
I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

seriously, stop being such a cheapo. you can get pickup on vile wards for about a million or so. true story. otherwise, keep running circles around gold. you choose not to gear for pickup radius, so deal with it.
Reply Quote
+ Pick up radius in D3 is the equivalent of + Light radius in D2.

Both we can live without, but both annoying not to have. Get it or deal with it.
Reply Quote
With zero pickup radius I would have preferred clicking on gold stacks to pick them up instead. Feels broken.

OTOH with any pickup radius at all it feels pointless. You just go near the gold and you pick it up. With too much pickup radius the game is kind of broken.
Reply Quote
I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's

That's your problem. It's a fantastic affix for defensive bonus through health gain during combat as well as efficiency outside of combat.

Sacrifice RA or Vit in favor of this attribute on just 1 piece of gear and you're good to go. Do this for 2 or 3 pieces and you'll start to notice some major differences.

I wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard inherently giving all classes a pickup radius of 2 to make general gold pick up simpler. But adding the stat to paragon is no different than asking for CHC or CHD to be added to paragon...especially when you consider how it improves skills for WD.
Reply Quote
i bought a decent pair of shoulders wit this affix to help with gold pick up. I only have 7 yards and it is more than enough. Just step up to the plate and buy a piece of armor with PU radius
Reply Quote
Just roll a class that has direct competition with another that builds around pickup and you'll feel the wizards pickup pain. Shouldnt have to pay double for a otherwise useless stat in order not to cut myself attempting to pick up gold.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/10/2012 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.We like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

I understand this... but some affixes are completely pointless and should never be logically chosen over others. For instance I would never choose pick up radius over any DPS or EHP advantage. Only way i get it is if it just happens to be on piece i got for another reason. Therefore a waste of the roll
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, it's not just Gold Pickup, other affixes like Thorns , Melee/Missile damage reduction , Stun/Knockback chance are not getting much love compared to stacking CC/CDmg/IAS . Almost everyone wanted the same thing

There are already numerous threads here regarding itemization since the release.. We're still hoping for improvements or at least the devs acknowledge what the players have observed till now regarding these affixes
Edited by bokinator#1954 on 12/10/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Gold pick up is simply a fix to an arbitrary and archaic design feature.

Picking up gold doesn't give me any sense of immersion or a feeling of improvement. It is simply a tiny reward for killing the mob. The fact that I have to either run over to a gold pile or sacrifice an affix for this is inherently irritating.

I agree that pick up radius for health globes should stay the way it is, but there is no real reason that you have to either run over to a gold pile or pick up a specific stat on many pieces of gear to alleviate this irritant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Personally, I like having a small pickup radius. It saves me more often than not. A large radius will pick up all the health globes even when your hp is full. I prefer to have them all sitting there until I need them, especially when fighting elite packs. ^.^
Reply Quote
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

Agree wholeheartedly, Gold pickup radious should be baked into Paragon Lvling instead of having an actuall affix that can appear on gear. (0.1 Gold Pickup Radious per paragon lvl, for a totall of +10 at paragon lvl 100 would be nice)

Gold Pickup Radious is not something iwant on any piece of gear, and whenever i get that instead of something else i sigh and wish i could reroll that affix.

Gold Pickup radious has never incrased the quality of fun in D3 for me, it has always been one of two affixes that made me go /sadface whenever i saw it on an item.

Ill end my post with a quote from an above poster that also points out why Gold Pickup is a rediculous affix.

Gold pick up is simply a fix to an arbitrary and archaic design feature.

Picking up gold doesn't give me any sense of immersion or a feeling of improvement. It is simply a tiny reward for killing the mob. The fact that I have to either run over to a gold pile or sacrifice an affix for this is inherently irritating.

I agree that pick up radius for health globes should stay the way it is, but there is no real reason that you have to either run over to a gold pile or pick up a specific stat on many pieces of gear to alleviate this irritant.
Edited by Draakora#2550 on 12/10/2012 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
appealing affixes

^Laughable.

Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices

Itemization? Really... everyone goes for the same stat build for maximum efficiency. MF doesn't really seem to effect the game as much compared to having more dps to get drops quicker.

players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

Greatest DPS = most efficient = best loot.

Nice options.
Reply Quote
I would say default one radius is good
Then every 20 levels u get 1 more yard
Sounds balanced

5 yards sounds good enough for top level gears to ditch any pickup radius
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]