Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

12/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by SoapBox
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

you cant have paragon level it up because which doctor passives are linked to it...
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:59 PMPosted by DeMasked
appealing affixes

^Laughable.

Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices

Itemization? Really... everyone goes for the same stat build for maximum efficiency. MF doesn't really seem to effect the game as much compared to having more dps to get drops quicker.

players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

Greatest DPS = most efficient = best loot.

Nice options.

this
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 08:02 PMPosted by OldSchool
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

you cant have paragon level it up because which doctor passives are linked to it...

They can simply edit the skills that adds radious to another value if they give radious for paragon lvls, dont se the problem really.
Reply Quote
Making people gear for quality of life is a terrible idea. Probably one of the worst ideas ever to make it into D3. Not so much in the sense that it's game-breaking (it isn't; just baffling and irritating), but in the sense that it serves no purpose at all.

Gear should be about making my character more powerful. That's fun. That's exciting. Gearing to be able to get decent drops, or to not have to run all over the place just to pick up gold, is not fun. It's not exciting, or even interesting. And it never will be. I don't want to sacrifice real stats to put a bandaid on bad game design.

The original Dungeon Siege game had an autoloot button ten years ago. That D3 makes me actually have to physically run over gold and individually click items, and get specific gear to improve my ability to do the former on top of it all, feels incredibly archaic. It's ironic that in a game so focused on loot, the actual act of picking up loot is one of the most tedious and unenjoyable aspects of play.

Pick-up radius, magic find, gold find: all things that need to die in a fire.
Reply Quote
View profile
different itemization choices < quiet surprise this is a blue anwser.....

For armor : Crit %, Crit dam, AS, Main state, Vit, all resist, anymore?
For weapon : Crt dam , Socket ( crit dam), main state, life steal anymore?

How many Afflixes dev team developed?

how many players weight heavy? Fun?! dont think so.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 12/10/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Draakora

They can simply edit the skills that adds radious to another value if they give radious for paragon lvls, dont se the problem really.

Ok, what value? It wont make any sense if you read the skill... or how about we link it to crit chance like everything else in the game is linked too? or maybe we can just get crit chance for every level of paragon... and crit damage too. Maybe when we get to paragon level 100 we can all run around naked and play slap @$$ together in whimsey shire. Sound good?
Reply Quote
View profile
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Pickup radius should have some additional effects. Aside from the WD, it's not something you want in excess, unless you're doing XP run or something. Perhaps if it affected a few skills, it would be nice. An example would be the monk's heal. Have it heal in larger AoE for instance.
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Thanks for the response. I personally enjoy using lots of pickup with over 30 however that isn't really the issue.

The issue presented in this topic is the frustration of having 0 pickup radius, you can run over gold several times and fail to pick it up. An easy solution is giving players a default 1 pickup radius upon character creation.
Reply Quote
Yes.. free pickup radius..yessss it won't make help out any skills of other classes.. *rubs hands together greedily*

PUR on Para for a WD is like LS on Para for other classes ^_^. Where do I sign up?
Reply Quote
@unkeMPT use your head. Just because PUR doesn't do anything for BARB doesn't mean it's useless for other classes. There are a number of skills for other classes that give you HUGE bonuses based on PUR. A flat PUR would kill a lot of viable builds.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/10/2012 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Brahm
There are a number of skills for other classes that give you HUGE bonuses based on PUR.

That number is 2.... “Gravel Injustice” and “Circle of Life.” and its not that HUGE. Ive tried it.

Nice try though. Use your head
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/10/2012 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Ok, what value? It wont make any sense if you read the skill... or how about we link it to crit chance like everything else in the game is linked too? or maybe we can just get crit chance for every level of paragon... and crit damage too. Maybe when we get to paragon level 100 we can all run around naked and play slap @$$ together in whimsey shire. Sound good?

Please troll somewhere else.
Reply Quote
my gear im using in my mp0 exp runs so that doesnt count.
Reply Quote

Please troll somewhere else.

Not trolling, simply making a point and using a little humor. Try it sometime.
Reply Quote
There are a number of skills for other classes that give you HUGE bonuses based on PUR.

That number is 2.... “Gravel Injustice” and “Circle of Life.” and its not that HUGE. Ive tried it.

Nice try though. Use your head

Gruesome feast, vengeance. Not sure what else.. I know it's pretty valued on monks due to TR builds with no LS.

The bonus is pretty huge with gruesome feast, you can run at maximum speed and keep up the buff for long periods of time. Vengeance is similiar although not nearly as potent.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 12/10/2012 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]