Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

Also I wanna thank mods for replying. It's cool that the publics voice is heard and considered.
Reply Quote
It's fine, l2p.

EDIT: Unprecedented numbers of noobs.
Edited by Socrates#1132 on 12/10/2012 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be neglected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

I'd actually like it if there was one item slot where you had a spare affix free after max DPS and defensive stats so you could choose a utility affix like this without gimping your self, kind of like boots if it wasn't for +Move Speed (Main Stat, Vit, AR, Armor).

This way you could have Magic find pre Paragon 80-90 and increased pickup radius after without gimping your self.

Although in the case of boots without +MS you'd still have Life Regen which would be hard to give up for a utility/adventuring stat. And legendaries kind of screw it up as well, generally having limited random affixes available.

Kind of sucks that getting max main stat and vit takes three affixes...

Ah well, not that I really care about picking up gold (or health globes) when you can sell a single item worth more than all the gold you've picked up in your entire time played. It's still hard to break the habit of running for that shiny massive looking 2k gold pile just sitting on the ground. ;)
Edited by Elzilcho#1874 on 12/10/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is rly low value of some stats. There should be doubled value of magic find and gold find and also add it on most of legendaries. After you can use theory about this. Also remove cap on mf.
Edited by zobudeny#2800 on 12/10/2012 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am a barb with 0 radius.

but you know what, don't QQ, please.

just buy 1 piece that has pickup radius on it, like fire walker.
or just don't pick them up, gold will worth like dust in maybe a month.
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Pickup radius shouldn't be a stat that someone desires on an item. It should be flat across all players, and in an ARPG setting it shouldn't be the stat you strive for on an item when there's a max amount of affixes on a particular item. There are plenty of better ones and everyone knows this. And no, health globes don't give us a reason to make a build with increased pickup radius.

It's what you would call a stat-filler, an affix-filler, a filler which lessens the probability of individually getting a particular affix. There's nothing wrong with low probability, but it becomes a problem when the majority of the affixes that can roll on an item are completely useless to the wearer with respect to the other half.

We aren't stupid, it's not tough to realize what your business mentality was when developing the game.

This is another good point to an extent. There needs to be 'filler' affixes to keep the chances of getting the desired affixes. The problem with pickup radius is that it could still fulfill this function without gold as is because the health globe pick up could, at the very least, still provide an increase in character survivability.

There shouldn't need to be an affix to get your gold. It'd be along the line of having an affix that allows your legendaries and rares to become more apparent when they drop.
Reply Quote
And I thought Blizzard had created the Pick up gold radius affix to show their appreciation towards gold farming bots.... o.O -trollface-

No but seriously. MP 5-10 gold farming is where its at... I think blizzard should improve or create a rare set with high increase in gold drops as well as pick up radius. Therefor making an ultimate gold farming awesomeness. I find anything craftable at this moment is useless. Why not give us a purpose to collecting all those brimstones from useless drops. Give us better craftables that have a chance of having affixes that maybe 3/4 of the items don't have..

Stacking crit strike/chance with attack speed makes me bored to death. Why not have a dodge/block affix for players who will want to pvp? having 50-80% dodge would be sick..

Just sayin..
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
to find the best loot, etc.

paragon levels

Magic find increase.
Gold Find increase.

yet gold pick up radius neglected. weird
Reply Quote
Will be very happy if they add pick up radius on P.Level.
Reply Quote
QQ more about pick up radius. Back then we had to actually CLICK gold. Now we just walk over it. Give an inch, take a mile.

The nerve of these people.
Reply Quote
QQ more about pick up radius. Back then we had to actually CLICK gold. Now we just walk over it. Give an inch, take a mile.

If we're going to go that route:

Back when we had garbage graphics that could only support 2 resolution settings
Back when all loot was shared and made it almost impossible to get any drops if you were running with another person with a bot
Back when the game had rampant duping and bugged items
Back when Inventory sizes were less
Back when you couldn't respec at all
Back when the only way to get gear was to sit in trade channel for days on end instead of finding it on the AH
Back when you could be griefed by hostilers

etc.

give an inch, take a mile right?
Reply Quote

It's sad they need to dumb down the game for the lower IQ citizens of the world. The easier the game, the easier it is to do things the more they like it. We should probably spoon feed them sometime soon. At first the game was too hard, they made it easier. Now clicking on !@#$ to pick it up is too hard, lets make it auto loot because man, we don't want to lose our 500-1billion gold equipment to equip gold radius and gold drop rate..

When pvp comes, they will want lower crit rate, lower aoe radius, no more movement speed. Might aswell play a game of chess to determine the winner.
Reply Quote

Back in the day we dropped piles of gold when we died lol. And before then it was items!
Reply Quote
By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you

By allowing pickup radius, you are making a decision that supports botting

Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

With botters having these sorts of compelling choices, it further reduces their need for proper itemization while they bot. In doing so, you must like that botters do not have to weigh their options when deciding where to bot in order to be most efficient.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Serious about botting, don't take it to your devs, take it to Jay as he will make the ultimate call. Not serious about botters, then continue on as status quo
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

Except there is no choice. WDs are forced to stack it or go OOM. Every class has one passive that relies on getting health globes. Every class needs at least 5 or else even if you are standing on top of a glove you wont pick it up if your radius is 0. Its not a choice its mandatory. I tried using 0 but like I said I could be surrounded by 20 of them and I woulnd grab a single one no matter if they were under my feet.

Also just adding that affix "Increase pick up radius" also adds 5 million gold to any item you put it on sometimes a lot more. I say 1 pick up radius per 10 paragon levels. I mean the MF is already worthless at least let paragon give us something useful other than some minor stat increases.
Reply Quote

Back in the day we dropped piles of gold when we died lol. And before then it was items!

absolutely! Imagine if those were present HERE TODAY! I don't think the storm of QQ would be fended off by anyone anywhere. lol
Reply Quote
Pickup radius is utterly essential on all my chars. To remove it or make your char have a default pickup radius not only significantly reduces the price on pickup radius items but it also completely removes the need for pickup radius on gear at all.

I consider carefully until I find just the right piece of equipment that includes pickup radius.

Blizzard should not change one thing on this point, it simply adds to the strategy of the gear you shop for or find on a drop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]