Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

talking about contradictions.
Edited by pham#1413 on 12/10/2012 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pick Up Radius Gems...problem solved, everyone happy, close the topic please.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/10/2012 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just buy stats with pickup radius in gears. Check my gears, I just achieve 100mil pickup achievement, I'm tornado Barb and I don't even need to run around in circles to pickup gold.
Reply Quote
i refuse to gear up my all resist and my dps, so blizzard should just give me more dps and all resist with each paragon level.
see how retarded that sounds?
keep crying people, and keep running circles around piles of 3 gold. it's hilarious.
Reply Quote
i roll with 20 and its effin sweet.
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Blizzard, thanks for your response. Please do NOT give us pickup radius for free (e..g with Paragon levels etc), otherwise the stat would become useless.

If you don't even want to sacrifice ONE affix across all your gear to accomodate pickup radius, and prefer to max out the e-peen-boosting stats only, then you deserve the trade-off of having to face inconvenience when trying to pick up gold piles and health globes.

It's a trade-off between raw power and utility. It's a choice you have to make, like the Blue above pointed out. Too bad if your e-peen won't allow you to sacrifice a tiny bit of DPS / EHP for pickup radius - have fun dancing around gold piles lol.
Edited by Veldin#1214 on 12/10/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol wawawa
Reply Quote
Would be cool if more skills are tied with the stat and not just a few WD passives.

There are so many skills that could benefit from getting a larger range/radius without being too OP. Then again, it might be just me wishing for it to affect monk's cyclone strike in the future.
Reply Quote
I feel like the minimum pickup radius needs to be bumped by 1 or 2, but after that you need to acquire it on gear. It just seems like bad design that you are supposed to just be able to pick up gold by running over it, but when I sometimes run over a pile of gold 2-3 times before my character actually picks it up, because the graphic of the gold is larger than the actual spot on ground that needs to be run over to pick up the gold.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Improving gold pickup radius to a default minimum would be a great QoL improvement. I've had to forego getting that affix because a) it's too expensive, b) never seems to show up on gear that drops as upgrades for me, and c) causes me to lose a significant amount of DPS if replacing another potential stat.

Gold pickup radius should not be an issue here - the simple fix is to give us a default base radius of at least six yards (preferrably ten), and have the affix work on top of that, or just increase our gold pickup radius to twenty yards and have the affix only affect health globe pickup radius. It's the HG pickup radius that actually matters in terms of gameplay/combat tactics, so let us have a good gold pickup by default, and we can decide if we want to augment our skills or survivability capabilities with health globe pickup radius.

Here's the thing: What players are finding to be rather arrogant and what rubs us the wrong way is that the game's own quick tips display says "No need to click!" when picking up gold, but by having a zero radius, we have to zig zag all over the playing field just to pick up the gold. I've personally run circles on top of a gold pile in a vain attempt to pick it up, which infuriates me more and more each time it happens, and it happens a lot with zero pickup radius. What was billed as a QoL improvement becomes yet another failure because it is entirely countered by the negative effect of "you might as well just click it since you have to run dead center to it to pick it up with zero pickup radius".

Please, for the love of all that's good tell me you aren't trying to tell us that zig zagging to pick up gold is "interesting" play... ^_^

Reply Quote
I think so as well, maybe make it about every 2 levels give you 1 yard?
Reply Quote
who cares the gold on the ground? you can get gold from AH easily... go get increasing radius items if you want to loot all golds.
Reply Quote
I think larger gold piles have a bigger hitbox too so they are easier to pickup at least they seem easier to pickup -- with default pickup radius.

That means for those of us that just want a minor bump in the default value, getting pickup radius on gear is completely worthless.
Reply Quote
make pickup radius more useful: so that people can see the utility of it if they don't already.

a) auto pick up gems
b) auto pick up tomes
c) auto pick up legends / yellows (player choice in options).
d) *UPDATE* only cos I'm going to upgrade my firewalkers to iceclimbers or whatnot someday..
Break containers , opens chests and doors
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 12/11/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

What compelling choice? Unless skills get some benefit from Pickup Radius, there's no real compelling reason to look for gear with it on it. As it is, its a waste of an affix that would actually be really useful. Not many people will look for something with it, Bleed damage, Thorns, Bleed damage (its so bad it deserves to be mentioned more than once), or other completely janky stats on them since they simply aren't that useful, especially when you compare them to anything that will raise your DPS or EHP. If anything, these stats make itemization worse since they make an item worth less by being on an item instead of useful stats.
Reply Quote
What I would very much like to see is pickup radius allow you to pick up items from a range as well. I love pickup radius, but I find it depressing that i still have to run around to pick up the items. :/
Reply Quote
see, so you say its not a compelling choice, so you don't really need it, so why are you asking for it for free?

the compelling choice here is
(a) choose being to having to walk over multiple times over a pile of gold or a health globe before picking it up

(b) and not having to do so.
Reply Quote
Put it this way: Say your items made a minorly annoying screeching sounds each time they were equipped and there was an affix in the game that could squelch this sound.

While many people would pay extra for the affix to squelch the sound, the vast majority would wonder what the devs were smoking when they included such a feature in the first place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]