Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

12/10/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Brahm
Lol, ok. You really have no idea how to play the WD class. As somebody who has been playing this class since the game was released and has more hours in it then you do all your chars combined, I'd advise you step away from the keyboard and let the big boys talk.

I didnt mean to offend your lively hood, no need to freak out.

12/10/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Brahm
Circle of life, yah that's one of them we have a few others.

What I said was correct. You are confusing PUR with Health Globes. I was specifically referring to skills that DIRECTLY link to PUR. I am aware there are some skills that link to Health Globes and PUR will benefit your character when it comes to picking these up but they are not DIRECTLY tied to PUR. So I was right and you were wrong on that one.
Reply Quote
i dont think they need to add more with paragon or anything like that. All they really should do is increase the base starting amount by 1 or 2 yards just so someone who doesnt build any doesnt hav to run over the same pile of gold 3 times.

What they really NEED to do is remove the movement speed cap. Seriously. Dumbest, most frustrating cap ever.
Edited by BigT#1288 on 12/11/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I personally would like to see a 1 yard radius standard on every character, something similar to the radius of energy shield on a Wizard. I think that would alleviate the running around in circles over a pile of gold to pick it up. I am fine as is, mostly as a longtime D2 player, it is much better than clicking on every pile.

I dont think this would cause any difference at all in skills that use radius, as adding 1 yard is not going to be that noticable, similar to having a 5 yard radius and going to 6. I dont think a large amount such as 5 yards should be given for free, and should remain a gear choice. I have always had 1 piece of gear with radius and 1 piece with a health globe bonus. That could be one of the many reasons I dont have much DPS, but I dont think its that much of a stretch to give up one place on a piece of gear to get either one. Especially since I see plenty of items with 7 and 8 mods.
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

I want to thanks you for getting involved with the forum community. I would also like to enlighten you why your post is getting such negative feedback from multiple sources in this thread.

In my humble opinion, itemization is not where it needs to be for this game to be successful. I can derive from your statement that you may be oblivious to these problems that I feel exist with itemization... I dont feel there are "a wide range of appealing affixes"... I dont believe we have compelling itemization choices to make... I am not weighing my options when choosing gear...

These decisions are already made for me. They are called optimal iteme stats and they are the only thing to go for in the majority of builds...

Optimal Item Stats:
(1) Crit, (2) Attack Speed (nerfed), and your characters (3) Primary Stat for Damage.
(1) All Res, (2) Armor, and (3) Vit. for Defense.
(1) Life on Hit and (2) Life Steal for Life Return or get it from a Healing Skill.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/11/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just want to be able to have an AOE gear pickup and the ability to only show rares/legendaries/plans/potions/gems. One thing that slows me and some groups down is the need to pick up drops. Try as I might, if I'm already in motion and I try to pick up a rare item on the ground that's surround by whites/blues, there's a good chance I'll pick up the wrong thing. Or miss the pickup entirely and walk past, then half to walk back. The only reason I don't think they have this option is because of how it'd make things even easier for bots.

Seems like a lot of design decisions are used to decrease the usefulness of botting, but the real world result is that it makes the game more of a hassle for legit players while bots continue to roam free.

As for pickup radius, I'd like there to be a small buff. An additional 2-3 yards. However, I do appreciate the pickup radius affix. In part because it makes things less of a hassle, and in part because people pay a nice premium for good gear with the pickup affix on the AH :)
Reply Quote
Lol, ok. You really have no idea how to play the WD class. As somebody who has been playing this class since the game was released and has more hours in it then you do all your chars combined, I'd advise you step away from the keyboard and let the big boys talk.

Circle of life, yah that's one of them we have a few others.

What I said was correct. You are confusing PUR with Health Globes. I was specifically referring to skills that DIRECTLY link to PUR. I am aware there are some skills that link to Health Globes and PUR will benefit your character when it comes to picking these up but they are not DIRECTLY tied to PUR. So I was right and you were wrong on that one.

Yes freaking out <s /> .. I'm glad in your head you think you are right. But health globes and skills that use health globes ARE directly tied to PUR if you can not reach the globe when you need to you can not trigger the skill <end of debate /> Other skills like Grave Injustice do not use Health globes it uses death inside your PUR.

Thank you come again.
:)
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/11/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can get pickup radius without sacrificing anything (based off the gear you're using)

I might agree to the paragon pickup radius is it was 1 radius per 25 levels or something.

Maybe all yellow items should roll 4-6 useful affixes (core stat, vit, cc, all res, etc) and 1-2 comfort affixes (pick-up radius, health globes, etc).
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Brahm

Yes freaking out <s /> .. I'm glad in your head you think you are right. But health globes and skills that use health globes ARE directly tied to PUR if you can not reach the globe when you need to you can not trigger the skill <end of debate /> Other skills like Grave Injustice do not use Health globes it uses death inside your PUR.

Thank you come again.
:)

The skills you are referring to change the functionality of the health globe. Your character is receiving the normal benefit pur gives. Grave and Circle both change the way pur normally works. Therefore there is a direct link between the two. I think we were on the same page about this before we even started and are arguing for the sake of arguing. Anyway... I'm done, l8r
Reply Quote
Pickup Radius needs to work on followers (giving you 1/5 of it). So when you give them a Leorics Signet at the very least the 1.4 Pickup Radius gained by you should be enough for gold to be picked up when you stand exactly on it (btw, don't worry, expansion will give followers more item slots other than just weapon+rings+amu).
Reply Quote
i like the 1 per 25 lvls idea
Reply Quote
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

Best laugh in a while, thanks!

I'm so anxious trying to figure out if I should go the "pickup radius" way or the "critical hit chance one"...
What to choose ? HEEEEELP, I cannot make up my mind!!!!!! :(
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
A couple yards by default would be alright.

Agree.
Reply Quote
View profile
Worst idea ever!
Reply Quote
These decisions are already made for me. They are called optimal iteme stats and they are the only thing to go for in the majority of builds...

Optimal Item Stats:
(1) Crit, (2) Attack Speed (nerfed), and your characters (3) Primary Stat for Damage.
(1) All Res, (2) Armor, and (3) Vit. for Defense.
(1) Life on Hit and (2) Life Steal for Life Return or get it from a Healing Skill.

And who decided they are optimal? a bunch of fools who complain that there isn't any choices in this game and yet play it anyway. These are self imposed idea once again. if pickup radius is going to benefit your build more than these then THAT is the optimal stat.

once again proving that this "lack of choice" is ALL IN YOUR HEAD
Reply Quote
View profile
to all the lame-os crying about pickup radius being a "quality of life issue", quality of life costs money. pony up or keep crying.
Reply Quote
i always thought that each paragon level should include a .1 pickup radius. 100 paragon = 10 pickup radius as your base. not game changing, but convenient.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]