Diablo® III

Gold pick up radius should be revised.

make pickup radius more useful: so that people can see the utility of it if they don't already.

a) auto pick up gems
b) auto pick up tomes
c) auto pick up legends / yellows (player choice in options).

i actually like this. and it will give the people that refuse to gear for pickup something else to cry about. win win!!!
Reply Quote
These decisions are already made for me. They are called optimal iteme stats and they are the only thing to go for in the majority of builds...

Optimal Item Stats:
(1) Crit, (2) Attack Speed (nerfed), and your characters (3) Primary Stat for Damage.
(1) All Res, (2) Armor, and (3) Vit. for Defense.
(1) Life on Hit and (2) Life Steal for Life Return or get it from a Healing Skill.

And who decided they are optimal? a bunch of fools who complain that there isn't any choices in this game and yet play it anyway. These are self imposed idea once again. if pickup radius is going to benefit your build more than these then THAT is the optimal stat.

once again proving that this "lack of choice" is ALL IN YOUR HEAD

It is my opinion that they are optimal because its the only practical way to increase your DPS, defense, or survivability. If you feel otherwise go make a char and don't stack any of those stats and tell me how you do in inferno. Have Fun. I hope you get a lot of Pick Up Radius because your guna need it...

Edit: I play this game because I probably played more Diablo than over half of the developers combined and I care about this series and want to see it succeed. I didnt say anything about there being enough choices either. I just see a ton of room to improve the itemization. Where did you come from? WoW?
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/11/2012 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Best laugh in a while, thanks!

I'm so anxious trying to figure out if I should go the "pickup radius" way or the "critical hit chance one"...
What to choose ? HEEEEELP, I cannot make up my mind!!!!!! :(
Well, it's a Choice. You can prioritize DPS, a mindless exercise in a single dimension which can be calculated offline and translates to a linear metric in-game, or you can actually think about the other aspects of the game and choose those.

Just because you're too stupid to evaluate a problem space that HASN'T been boiled down to a single red or green number shouldn't compel the devs to remove the Choice for those of us who are capable and want to.

By the way, PUR and CC can roll on the same item. Not sure from your example and devotion to removing all critical thought on the game if that was clear to you.
Reply Quote
lol the stupidity is strong in this thread.
Reply Quote
bleh, i think it should be like 3 base with the option to find more on gear if you choose to make your life a little easier. right now, having at least one piece with pickup radius seems mandatory.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:35 PMPosted by SoapBox
I run a barb and I think this affix seems to be negelected. I won't search gear that has it since its not high on my list of affix's i want on my gear but I wish the paragon level would up it. Anyone else hate run circles around gold stacks till you click them?

you didnt see the pickup radius gear have value? you wont search just mean you dont need.
pragon level already killed mf/gf gear's market value... lol.
why doint you ask pragon level can increase cc/cd/ias/ar ?

My IK set(5pieces) have pickup radius(40 yds) for fast run MP0/MP1..
Edited by 十三#3565 on 12/11/2012 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Vengenace (Dh), Power Hungry (Wz), Pound of Flesh (B), Grave Injustice (Wd), Circle of Life (Wd), Gruesome Feast (Wd), + Active skills (Hammer of Ancients, Zombie dogs, etc )that have a chance to drop globes, all benefit from Pick up radius. And interestingly enough, they all synergize with each other!

These synergies are never explored in coop games hence why pick radius seems to lack luster.

make pickup radius more useful: so that people can see the utility of it if they don't already.

a) auto pick up gems
b) auto pick up tomes
c) auto pick up legends / yellows (player choice in options).

Would make pick up radius perfect!
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 12/11/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Best laugh in a while, thanks!

I'm so anxious trying to figure out if I should go the "pickup radius" way or the "critical hit chance one"...
What to choose ? HEEEEELP, I cannot make up my mind!!!!!! :(
Well, it's a Choice. You can prioritize DPS, a mindless exercise in a single dimension which can be calculated offline and translates to a linear metric in-game, or you can actually think about the other aspects of the game and choose those.

Just because you're too stupid to evaluate a problem space that HASN'T been boiled down to a single red or green number shouldn't compel the devs to remove the Choice for those of us who are capable and want to.

By the way, PUR and CC can roll on the same item. Not sure from your example and devotion to removing all critical thought on the game if that was clear to you.

+1
Reply Quote

+1

I disagree. You just haven't invested enough yet. You are going to hit a brick wall soon and you are going to want to improve your character but cant. Your are going to see those around you further along than you are and you are going to see all the room to improve but you cant. You will find the only way to further improve is to start dropping these affixes and stacking more primary stat and crit or maybe a life return stat that you can actually rely on like life on hit or life steal. Ever get to a elite pack where monsters are no longer dying around you and there are no health globes to be found?

I could be wrong but this was my experience.
Reply Quote
High pick up radius makes the game much more enjoyable for me. So does life regen (in all its forms), high defense and hp, high mf.

Damage really is the last priority, and I don't mind that one bit. The last stat I gained over the month has been dps -- gained about 40k of it or so, and overall I don't think my character improved as much as when I first broke the decent ehp, life regen and pick up radius thresholds.

There was a dude in this thread who used the term "quality of Life" -- and how blizzard should not force us to max out that quality. I disagree. The term also should be "quality of game-play."

If you look at it that way then you should be doing everything you can to raise your "quality of game play!" I mean what could be more fundamental than that!?!

Best I can end it is to say give it a try. Raise pickup at the cost dps... there is a good chance you will enjoy the game and your character more -- imho.
Edited by Lano#1864 on 12/11/2012 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
WDs with Thing of the Deep collectively chuckle
Reply Quote
I think they should give you at least a tiny bit of pickup as a base. it is really annoying when you are standing directly on top of some gold and it wont pick up. 1 yard would be enough and i dont think it would make the stat less usefull in such a small amount.
Reply Quote
I would say default one radius is goodThen every 20 levels u get 1 more yardSounds balanced5 yards sounds good enough for top level gears to ditch any pickup radius
And this is why it "cost" you an affix.
You don't get everything you want for free.

Gold pick up is simply a fix to an arbitrary and archaic design feature.Picking up gold doesn't give me any sense of immersion or a feeling of improvement. It is simply a tiny reward for killing the mob. The fact that I have to either run over to a gold pile or sacrifice an affix for this is inherently irritating.
Except it's not. There was no gold pickup radius in D2. In fact, you had to click on each pile individually. Imagine in D2 if items didn't vendor for insane prices (esp weapons), and you had to actually EARN the gold you acquired.

Pickup radius fills in that void.

12/10/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Cory
I understand this... but some affixes are completely pointless and should never be logically chosen over others. For instance I would never choose pick up radius over any DPS or EHP advantage. Only way i get it is if it just happens to be on piece i got for another reason. Therefore a waste of the roll
And thus threads like this are born. "I won't choose pickup radius over other stats, but I'll complain on the forum for the choices *I* made!"

It's really simple - you can sacrifice one bit of stats to improve your pickup radius substantially... OR you can spend some extra time running over gold piles... OR you can ignore those piles of gold. It's a choice. 8 yards is plenty for most uses. Witch Doctors have long enjoyed and seen the benefits of extra pickup radius. It combines well with +globes.
Reply Quote
I freaking love my Ferrets. My pickup radius is whatever they happen to notice is shiny. :D
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 04:24 PMPosted by randallross
lol the stupidity is strong in this thread.

+1
Reply Quote
thing of the deep!
Reply Quote
Let's get real here.

How much pickup do you need?

5-7 should be enough?

It will just cost one item property.

You have 13 x 6 = 78 properties.

You can't even spare 1.3% of your stats?

Is this game really that hard?
Reply Quote
pickup radius should be a reward for getting to pl100
Reply Quote
bah i like running around collecting coins its like a feeling of accomplishment if not loot explosions then gold explosions i love it honestly i kinda prefer gold over blue items blues suck lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]