Diablo® III

Computer help.

I'm looking to buy (or possibly build) a new computer for around 500 dollars because I'm tired of playing on a laptop that has overheating problems. I would spend more but I'm just in high school and don't have a job so this is all I have for now. I already understand I'm not going to get much out of a computer for that price but I at least want it to be able to play games at medium to high graphics settings on games like Diablo, World of Warcraft, league of legends, and Tf2. I am looking to be able to upgrade parts of the computer in the future so if anyone out there has any suggestions on decent computers for that price please let me know.
Reply Quote
Hello there mate,

I can help you with that :)

Two things are the most expensive in that config: CPU and the GPU. Here is my suggestion:

AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 Ghz 8 MB overall cache
NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB GDDR5

Get yourself a Motherboard that support the socket AM3+, if in future you'd like to upgrade (the CPU itself needs AM3 socket). You need no more than 2x 2GB DDR3 1600 Mhz memory sticks.

This is my configuration and I can tell you it works perfectly fine. It is something like the cheapest config from the gaming PC.

I hope this help you :)
Reply Quote
I agree with the fellow above me. Stick with AMD for a CPU. Cheap and powerful.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130629

Newegg discontinued the 970, I listed the 965 BE, only $99!! Killer deal for a chip that runs everything. I still use it and havent had to OC it at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]