Diablo® III

Calling out all purists!

I am close to finishing inferno currently a3. I will not use AH and will see how far I can progress with self found gear. If there are any other purists post up and I want to see how far you have progressed
Reply Quote
I am a noAH account.

Watch out man. Low resistances. May want to farm until you find a better helm. It probably won't be socketed.
Reply Quote
currently running a few purist characters but not solo. I have a monk who i play with a purist WD, a wiz i play with a purist barb, and last night started a 4man purist mp10 fresh with a few guys. Im DH along with Wiz, WD, Barb. The Barb left after lvl 6 and un-friend us though :( So that one is down to 3 now. All three chars on on mp10 self-found only. I only play them when my teams are on though.

Monk is currently the highest, were lvl 42 in act2 NM i believe
Wizard is currently 27 in act3 Norm
3man team which started last night is in act1 norm, lvl 12's

Always looking to start new mp10 teams on self-found. Seems to be the most enjoyable way to play for me. My teammates are not always on and/or willling to continue at the times i'm on so the more I create with hardcore players, the better off Ill be.

Add me in-game if your interested, I love self-found playing.

matez0r#1770
Reply Quote
Just curious...what does purist mean?

Do you use in-game vendors?

Crafting?

Or, is it literally "found"?
Reply Quote

Crafting?

you may use vendors/crafted items only but may only use mats from salvaged items as you progress to craft. Also items you find along the way obviously.
Edited by Matez0r#1770 on 12/11/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Crafting?

you may use vendors/crafted items only but may only use mats from salvaged items as you progress to craft. Also items you find along the way obviously.

Makes sense...thanks
Reply Quote
First of all, mad respect for noAHing through it all. I am currently working on 4 noAH/Purist mp4 characters and it is more nerve racking at this level than mp1a1 on my WD, heh.

I am trying to put myself in your shoes and figuring it out, in my opinion for A4, I would try and raise your AR by at least 70 by farming A3 (remember all rares dropped will be able to roll ilvl63) so I would farm A3 for a week before advancing. Also, I would switch out some of your str gems for vit gems (if possible) since you tend to be spiked by damage in A4 more often.

Again, salute to you good sir.
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/11/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
currently running a few purist characters but not solo. I have a monk who i play with a purist WD, a wiz i play with a purist barb, and last night started a 4man purist mp10 fresh with a few guys. Im DH along with Wiz, WD, Barb. The Barb left after lvl 6 and un-friend us though :( So that one is down to 3 now. All three chars on on mp10 self-found only. I only play them when my teams are on though.

Monk is currently the highest, were lvl 42 in act2 NM i believe
Wizard is currently 27 in act3 Norm
3man team which started last night is in act1 norm, lvl 12's

Always looking to start new mp10 teams on self-found. Seems to be the most enjoyable way to play for me. My teammates are not always on and/or willling to continue at the times i'm on so the more I create with hardcore players, the better off Ill be.

Add me in-game if your interested, I love self-found playing.

matez0r#1770

adding. yeah it is a MILLION times better with no AH trust me everyone
Reply Quote

Crafting?

I agree, but a lot of ppl claim they are purist will not agree with this.
Reply Quote

No he is right you only use what you find no outside help. And I agree with everyone almost just died A3 so going to farm A1 ty all
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Flysword

Although I don't entirely agree with the term myself, I find it hard to see why those purists who don't agree with the aforementioned definition in this thread disapprove of.
Reply Quote
There are of course different kind of purists. Only self-found, with / without sharing loot in team, exclusively solo etc.

azassault, I am surprised to see you're only paragon lvl 2, which means you didn't not repeat much and maybe even skipped some parts to be already at act 3 inferno. I would have suspected hours and hours of farming at different moments in the game to finally find the desired gears and gold required for progress. And this would have increased your experience. Can you comment on how much you had to farm to get proper gears / amount of gold for gems etc ?
Reply Quote
I've made it to level 42 totally self-found pure...and I can tell it's MUCH harder. It makes the game very interesting and challenging! I have some thoughts about it but I'll post separately for that...
Reply Quote
There are of course different kind of purists. Only self-found, with / without sharing loot in team, exclusively solo etc.

azassault, I am surprised to see you're only paragon lvl 2, which means you didn't not repeat much and maybe even skipped some parts to be already at act 3 inferno. I would have suspected hours and hours of farming at different moments in the game to finally find the desired gears and gold required for progress. And this would have increased your experience. Can you comment on how much you had to farm to get proper gears / amount of gold for gems etc ?

I was lucky enough when lvl 57 in a3 hell to find a 60 weapon with reduced requirements so I could level that much faster hope this helps! also I never re-ran anything until inferno
Edited by azassault#1947 on 12/11/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 01:42 PMPosted by azassault
I was lucky enough when lvl 57 in a3 hell to find a 60 weapon with reduced requirements so I could level that much faster hope this helps!

Wow. Amazing luck. Excellent az
Reply Quote
Just to be clear, I can use my big wad of cash (i wish) to buy items from vendors and up gems if possible. What I can't do is use the auction house or use gems from other characters, including flawless squares.

And depending on your play style you can trade between other purist / self found characters?
Reply Quote
Just to be clear, I can use my big wad of cash (i wish) to buy items from vendors and up gems if possible. What I can't do is use the auction house or use gems from other characters, including flawless squares.

And depending on your play style you can trade between other purist / self found characters?

well what I was doing. This was a solo purist. So no trading, was basically my first hc character so didn't have any gold. And yes the big part is using no finds from other characters or the auction house which makes it that much more fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]