Diablo® III

Just your average Joe breaking milestones :)

I just play this game for fun nothing more nothing less, I am in no way awesome at this game but I don't suck at the same aspect. I have had a milestone ever since this game came out to break 200k dps and at least reach Paragon lvl 80 when that patch came out and today I finally did both. (Yes I know my profile dps is only at 190~ dps but in game its 200k so dont ruin my moment :P)

I'm not here to brag or garner admiration I'm just simple here for all those average players out there who never bought gold, who never found items worth over 50m, and who always seem to get the absolute worst legendarys in history (my last 5 legs have been frostburn gauntlets no joke). With enough perseverance and constantly selling 500k-1m items on AH and average player can get the same satisfaction as someone who got lucky with 1 item. Would it have been easier if I did just find that 1 item absolutely!! but this thread isn't for those people its for the grinders, the people who play this game because its a farming game and they enjoy farming.

tldr: Finally broke 200k dps and Paragon lvl 80 as an average player and I have never found an item over 50m.
Reply Quote
Congrats, but almost 30k elite kills is not playing for fun. That's playing all day, lol.
Reply Quote
I am almost just like you, without any waste at RMAH and I never found nothing good (It will not count for me HF ring that rolls CD/CC and VIT and i just made one :))

and I am aiming to break 200k asap too..

But I just have 8200 elite kills ):

and.. Congratulations OFC, you deserve my respect for that
Edited by rodborcat#1601 on 12/10/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:47 AMPosted by CEYZILLA
Congrats, but almost 30k elite kills is not playing for fun. That's playing all day, lol.

Actually its not you can get high elite kills from leoric farming like I did until I found mine it just inflated my numbers a little bit. I don't play all day, I luckily have a job where i can farm while at work so its never the most efficient farming because im starting and stopping all day but its nice to be able to farm while getting payed.
Reply Quote
Congrats on your milestone! It's nice to see people achieve such milestones purely through dedication without having to buy their status. Well done!

My current milestone is to break 100K DPS and 1 Million EHP also without buying gold or using RMAH.
Reply Quote
Congrats on your milestone! It's nice to see people achieve such milestones purely through dedication without having to buy their status. Well done!

My current milestone is to break 100K DPS and 1 Million EHP also without buying gold or using RMAH.

Thanks most people just don't understand the amount of dedication some norma people put in to achieve what others do with real money or lucky drops. I didn't make this thread to boost my ego I just made it to show normal people if you set goals in this game eventually through hardwork it is achievable even if the RNG god's of D3 hate you beyond believe
Reply Quote
I know how you feel about the RNG gods. However, I can at least say I've gotten one item that sold for over $100 RMAH (Nat's helm) and a couple 30-50M Vile Wards. They were all in the same 1-2 week period.... haven't seen anything good since then and it's been probably 2 months. It is so annoying to see 1B+ items on the AH and wish I could have just one item like that drop.... but keep getting Dawns and Hell Racks and Frostburns and Madstones and other junk. Hey, got a Skorn worth 5M and even that is exciting lately hehe.

Grats on your achievement. I wish I could say I never bought gold on the RMAH, but I broke down on a few occasions. However, I did use that $100 I made to buy two WoW expansions so I'm not in the hole very much. :) Most of my RMAH purchases have been something like me sitting at 38M saved up and a great item on the AH for 40M so I break down and buy a few million to get over the hump to buy the item I want.
Reply Quote
I know how you feel about the RNG gods. However, I can at least say I've gotten one item that sold for over $100 RMAH (Nat's helm) and a couple 30-50M Vile Wards. They were all in the same 1-2 week period.... haven't seen anything good since then and it's been probably 2 months. It is so annoying to see 1B+ items on the AH and wish I could have just one item like that drop.... but keep getting Dawns and Hell Racks and Frostburns and Madstones and other junk. Hey, got a Skorn worth 5M and even that is exciting lately hehe.

Grats on your achievement. I wish I could say I never bought gold on the RMAH, but I broke down on a few occasions. However, I did use that $100 I made to buy two WoW expansions so I'm not in the hole very much. :) Most of my RMAH purchases have been something like me sitting at 38M saved up and a great item on the AH for 40M so I break down and buy a few million to get over the hump to buy the item I want.
Yea RNG God's literally hate me for the amount of effort I've put into this game they seem to just keep hating me for 80 paragon levels so far i'm not sure you can get much worse then what i've experienced. I appreciate the understanding and thanks. You don't even know how many times I've been tempted to buy gold on AH but I never did, and honestly I feel like it was worth it now. Yes I don't have godly gear but I damn sure know I earned every single piece of gear on my DH by meticulously selling !@#$ty gear for eternity to reach my goal and I'm very proud of that fact.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Kblizz
who never found items worth over 50m

at paragon 80... wow, your luck must really suck, LOL. 50 million isn't even $20 anymore, most people I know that played since release have found multiple $250+ items, though a majority of them were during earlier patches.

If i hadn't found thousands of $ of stuff I would have completely quit long ago ~_~
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 05:51 PMPosted by TianZi
who never found items worth over 50m

at paragon 80... wow, your luck must really suck, LOL. 50 million isn't even $20 anymore, most people I know that played since release have found multiple $250+ items, though a majority of them were during earlier patches.

If i hadn't found thousands of $ of stuff I would have completely quit long ago ~_~

I have never sold above 40m ever. I didn't play much for long periods, but I still have invested a decent amount of hours as a normal player into this game and I sat on the ah all day when I used to be active, so I know my prices.

They don't call the loot in this game diablow for no reason....
Reply Quote
congrats... nice gear... ha.. im almost in the same situation as you.. my gear still sucks though
Reply Quote
That is one sweet toon!

I'm pretty much like you, I just play for fun (never swipe my cc).
But I'm still far from you DPS and plevel wise @.@
I'm currently sitting at 109k DPS and 70 plevel

Grats for your achievement.
Add me PIAG#6685 so we could do some fun run sometimes :)
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:47 AMPosted by CEYZILLA

i've been inactive for months now and i have 43k elite kills, gained like 10 paragon levels in the past 2-3 months

so...yeah... I dunno what ur definition of "playing for fun" must be
Reply Quote
It seems to me like you are a player hater.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]