Diablo® III

Bola Shot or Hungering Arrow?

I need to upgrade my DML but before I do so I want to make sure which bonus I should go for? I've always used Hungering Arrow but it seems like Bola Shot opens up more options for some different builds.

Also, I don't want to spend a ton of $$ for a new DML. What stats are a must for this upgrade. I want to spend 10 bucks at the most.
Reply Quote
l prefer Bola but it's easier to survive with hungering since the damage isn't delayed if you ever need to heal with shadow power. Go for high ias/crit ^_^
Reply Quote
I like Bola Shot way better. Volatile has huge explosion radius, Thunder adds stun, Imminent doom is some awesome damage.

I've hit 300k dps with my Windforce setup, and I will say, it was nice seeing 650k crits using Multishot Full Broadside and Bola Imminent Doom. But at that point I only had 320 AR and 42k hp. I died a lot.

I'm having a blast with Strafe and Bola even at 193k dps. Because now I have ~530AR and 58k hp. Honestly I'm tanking instead of kiting and I can stand in pools without thinking about it. I can do Higher MP's just fine, but if I'm in a party, I have to switch gears to be all out DPS.

I have a pretty nice Bola +14% >17% Atk and like >9.5 CC DML I could part with. Will have to check what I paid for it, but maybe we could work something out. I don't use it anymore.
Reply Quote
Ocean if you run manty go with bola if you run Calamity go with hungering.
Reply Quote
If you like to play with your Windforce, I think you should go for Hungering Arrow (Cinder Arrow) because of the proc coefficient (more knockBack).

Bola shot is better with fast attack speed (calamity....) because you can *perma stun (Thunder ball rune).

DML: Look for 17-20 IAS, 200 dext, 200 vit, 9 cc and +x% Hungering Arrow.

sorry for my english.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Evasive fire with Covering fire.
It is the true instant hit skill for DH.
Hungering arrow has the weakness of needing to wait for the arrow to travel.
MOMOZ is short of that understanding.
Reply Quote

I used to use Evasive Fire and swore by it, may even go back to it, but I would really like Hardened to shoot 3 bolts just without the backflip, then I'd never change Hatred Generator.

Covering Fire is pretty amazing just low on damage.
Reply Quote

lt's fast enough to not consider it a travel time and even at the farthest you can shoot, it's much faster than the 1.5 second delay on bola. l'd never go back to HA though.
Reply Quote
Nothing beats hungering arrow in fast paragon lvling. Bola edges out in high mp though!
Reply Quote
i found bola shot to be more useful in higher MP's. Bola thunderball allows a smoother uber10 boss solo for me. MP0-1 ball lightning is pretty much ahead for clearing, paraleveling, and farming. Hungering arrow is cool for single target dps tho.
Reply Quote
Personally i'd go bola since you can have perma stun with thunder ball, big aoe with volatile or big dps with imminent doom. I chose bola because i like when monsters explode all over the place.
Reply Quote
I prefer bola too with calamity as i can stun single targets for about 80% of the time with thunder ball
Reply Quote
I like strafe for leveling (aka being lazy and half afk while playing), hungering for key farming, and bola for Ubers.
Reply Quote
hungering arrow is hands down the best single target hatred generator, while bola shot is the best mob dmg hatred generator so the answer is pretty simple. if your hatred spender is better single target (spike traps for example) you'd need bola for mobs. if you're using a mob dmg hatred spender like ball lightning your better off with hungering arrow for single target dmg.
Reply Quote
If you can start one shotting mobs especially on lower MP levels, HA is by far better.

Bola also has the tendency to waste shots and overkill too.
Edited by ImSpartacus#1205 on 12/10/2012 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
HA because you can get snare effect from cold SOJ. High attack speed + HA: puncturing arrow + SOJ, entire mobs are slowed, finish them off with a cluster bomb.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Ghostboner
Ocean if you run manty go with bola if you run Calamity go with hungering.

um, your using a calamity and using bola
Reply Quote
I love lamp.
Reply Quote
Hungering arrow is great for ubers and solo bosses. Bola just hits so many more for higher damage.

Farming- bola
Bosses- hungering arrow.
Reply Quote
3 days of completely different view points
as you can see there is no right answer

thunder ball is amazing at locking down an Uber with stun
Volatile = INCREDIBLE aoe SoT wishes it was
SoT, amazing for 1-3 targets when you run over 50% crit
Cinder, damn high Coef for WD knockback

heh, tough choice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]