Diablo® III

Random friend requests with advertisements?

Is anyone else getting friend requests with a scam website attached as the messaged? it's really starting to annoy me and the report for spamming doesn't work. any answers to stopping this?

Actually nvm i just recently discovered the block contact button! -.-
Edited by crashyou1#6712 on 12/10/2012 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Getting a few each week. Block won't help you, they always have more accounts to spam with :(
Reply Quote
:( why is it so fun to spam? i don't understand
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 12:47 AMPosted by crashyou1
:( why is it so fun to spam? i don't understand

If absolutely NO-ONE responded, then they'd stop because they would no longer make any money from it.
All it takes is 1 in 1000 or so to blindly (stupidly?) respond for it to be profitable.
As long as there are stupid people, there will be spammers to exploit them.
Reply Quote
I've noticed as well that the report spam stopped working a month ago, pretty much get one of these requests every time i log in
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
12/11/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Sephiroth
I've noticed as well that the report spam stopped working a month ago, pretty much get one of these requests every time i log in

The error has been fixed now, so report away.

While the report error was going on they got worse because they were not getting reported and hence banned/blocked.
Reply Quote
I accept, you never know if they will give you glod or not. I read a post on general forum about this guy who got one and accidentally accepted, then the spammer invi'ed him to game and gave him heaps of money.....then they realized what they did and wanted the money back.... funny story really, I looked for it to link it but couldn't find it. Hopefully that will happen to me one day and I get 124mil gold...Heres for hoping.
Reply Quote
View profile
really??? wow!
Reply Quote
I am having major problems with friend requests from WWW.BLIZZARD......... Every time i log into my Diablo 3 account i have at least 6-10 friend requests all SPAMMING ME!!! i am sick of having to block and having the same name add me multiple times. Please Please Please Blizzard sort it out i don't want any of this. I have Blocked, Reported harassment and it wont stop.!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]