Diablo® III

1.0.6a and Error 3007?

(Locked)

Just apply the fix as already writen in previsous post , simply change dns to lookup on 8.8.8.8
    login to diablo.
    quit diablo,
    change the dns back to what is was before.
    and log back into diablo.

Once again, if D3 works after applying the above workaround, try existing D3 and resetting your DNS back to the original setting. Then try starting D3 again - this works me and some others and removes the lag issue.

I think my head exploded trying understand how this makes any form of sense....

Ewww not a pleasant thought.

existing = exiting (/typo).

Players are getting D3 to start by changing their DNS setting to google's address (8.8.8.8), but then they have worse than usual lag. Try changing the DNS back to its original setting and because of the alignment of the planets solar equinox and quantum physics D3 now works with the original DNS settings as per normal.
fix it!

Players are getting D3 to start by changing their DNS setting to google's address (8.8.8.8), but then they have worse than usual lag. Try changing the DNS back to its original setting and because of the alignment of the planets solar equinox and quantum physics D3 now works with the original DNS settings as per normal.

LOL basically yes
its the principle, we should not have to do these work arounds to fix a problem that they created in the first place
12/12/2012 12:16 AMPosted by stickykush
its the principle, we should not have to do these work arounds to fix a problem that they created in the first place

I would say it was indirectly created/triggered by Blizz but the party who should be held accountable in this case is the ISP as why their DNS Server fails to operate in a comparable refresh rate like the rest of the world?
I got this message for a while then rebooted my computer and I have been experiencing very high pings. I never get lag but I am getting major lag. I had to stop play due to the lag.

I am from canada using the americas servers.
Edited by broyer67#1237 on 12/12/2012 12:26 AM PST

LOL basically yes

This is not acceptable!!!!!!
I got this message for a while then rebooted my computer and I have been experiencing very high pings. I never get lag but I am getting major lag. I had to stop play due to the lag.

I am from canada using the americas servers.

I have the same issue, just got kicked from the game, that has never happend to me before.
something is not right
3 Human Paladin
The return of the beast...

It's the sign of an expansion pack coming

I see dead people i mean 3007
Edited by Ace#11505 on 12/12/2012 12:34 AM PST
there is definitely a serious system problem in d3's update.

biz should rewrite the update code totally
ITT: kids with no basic knowledge of internet tell blizzard how they broke other's IPS's DNSs.

~these forums~
I'm aussie and have the same problem.
uninstalled the game, redownloaded everything and installed again but still 3007.
can't connect, but when I play EU servers it's fine, so the patch !@#$ed US servers somehow.
Agreed, although some ISP's just take it as a *recommendation* and have their own preferred TTL's like you said about Google. I would prefer to ask why it was necessary to make such major changes to the DNS for the servers though...

Nothing wrong with DNS changes, there is just a right way to manage your DNS and a wrong way. Blizzard obviously chose the wrong way :-)
I'm aussie and have the same problem.
uninstalled the game, redownloaded everything and installed again but still 3007.
can't connect, but when I play EU servers it's fine, so the patch !@#$ed US servers somehow.
dunno if they messed up the us server, because all americans can still log in and play
Endeavour sniffed:

ITT: kids with no basic knowledge of internet tell blizzard how they broke other's IPS's DNSs.

~these forums~

Laughing at kids who can't tell an IPS from an ISP.
Edited by MuckFe#6371 on 12/12/2012 12:51 AM PST
So took over 10 hours for maintenance, but only applied 1 fix... oh and screwed up all ANZ players... wtf seriously, get your act together... how many times do you have to screw things up.

Lags are just getting worst and worst each time, random ninja patches, 10hours maintenance with 1 fix (where you guys having a party while applying the fix?), why don't you just decommission this game since you can't make it work properly?

Why provide workarounds when you're the ones who stuffed it up, stop blaming on ISP when it was working right before your maintenance.

There's my rant.
my trace run over 20 different Ip's and timed out at 21.. til 30.
I think Blizzard just blocked all Asian IP's.
Using the Google workaround gives you temporarly a american IP and after that you are recognized.
so it’s been more than twenty four hours now that i haven’t been able to log in after paying good $ here in nz and i’m told by a muppet to chill.lol.
12/12/2012 12:49 AMPosted by MuckFe
Laughing at kids who can't tell an IPS from an ISP.
Oh i'm so sorry, i messed up an acronym in a language that isn't my native.

Did that change my point though?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]