Diablo® III

1.0.6a and Error 3007?

(Locked)

This sounds about right - 10 hrs down for a 10mb patch - what else were you doing blizzard??????????? People shouldn't have to troubleshoot network issues and change DNS settings to get an out of the box game working....Rubbish.
I haven't had chance to try to modify DNS setting (working now), if that's the root cause like many said here, it could possibly take 24-48 hours until DNS records to be propagated to the world.

Any time that DNS changes are made (on any level), you need to wait for propagation to complete. Propagation usually takes around 24 hours but is never usually more than 48.
10+ hours patch plus the time gone since I patched about 6 hours now, yeah I am chilled.
Just got back from work now and tried to logon (US server). Error 3007. When I change to europe servers, it gets in however..
90 Human Mage
Would think that Bliz has a legal duty of care, to provide a "reasonable service". This clearly isn't happening when the fix to a Bliz-initiated problem (i.e. the latest patch) involves some intense PC !@#$ery-pokery which may be beyond the average (read, reasonable man) user. The Aus (and maybe NZ too) business ombudsman or consumer protection advocate, may have some interest in these goings on. Bliz must be more pro-active in their care of their subscribers...this latest effort just is not acceptable at any level. I am thinking seriously of contacting the Government for legal satisfaction, or of having the Government lay punitive charges against Bliz.
Can anyone explain to me why after the patch when I attempt to open the game I'm getting the "Click to retry creating D3D device" error?!

I was playing it just fine last night before the servers went down, and haven't changed anything on my computer since. I'm totally confused...

They are not fixes they are workarounds, and the difference is not subtle when it seems Blizzard is the progenitor but refuses to support the consequences.

And the DNS reset fails for me.

SWAHV said:

They are fixes, they are forcing DNS propogations by contacting a public DNS server with the correct information, then changing back to their own DNS servers, youre wrong.

If the DNS reset fails for you, try signing up a free account with www.lowerping.com and getting it to work before purchasing a premium account.

If its asking you to update, after you already update, its a different matter.

Guess again. If blizzard made another change that permanently removes the problem for every localised user, that woud be a FIX. Having a whole segment of users individually make special changes to their otherwise fully and successfully operational internet connection is a workaround. Trumpeting that there are "known fixes - look them up" and thereby inferring players are experiencing errors because of inadequate research on their own part sounds egoistic and is simplistic. And suggesting people change their ISP solely to fix a temporary connection error with a game takes pathos to the sublime.
Edited by MuckFe#6371 on 12/11/2012 9:52 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why should players have to google solutions on how to fix a turd of a game when surely its Blizzard's job to make sure patches (no matter how crap they are) come out in a working fashion?

Oh wait it isnt.

Blizzard should have "stickies" if need be on how to fix issues and it shouldnt revolve around players finding files in the D3 folders and modifying IP address or DNS or whatever crap you have to do to get this turd of a game to work.
I just tried the dns solution and the game works as slow as !@#$, seriously ? this is the solution that u guys come through?
8 Goblin Mage
I was thinking of buying 2 more copies of D3 for my friends for xmas. After the experience from today i think i'll still buy 2 copies but give them to people i really don't like.
I'm probably missing something here, but why can I log onto the EU server just fine but not the America server? How can that be the fault of my ISP or bad internet connection rather than something going on with the US servers at Blizzard? Really confused atm...
90 Draenei Shaman
maybe we should look at this from a new angle blizzard staff.
1. players pissed off
2. players leave
3. less revenue 4 blizzard
4. management still wants profit
5. DOWNSIZING
Edited by happyvejae#1639 on 12/11/2012 10:03 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
dude its just a !@#$ing error with the game I'm sure they are gonna fix it stop acting like its the end of the world %^-* =.= if your that upset by a game being unplayable you need to quit off blizzard games forever because they shutdown every week almost. so shut the !@#$ up and get over it.
Bloodyhell said:

Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

just do this

Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

seriously? seems dodgy as hell.

Nothing dodgy about it, the text has been copied straight from google's website. One thing, make sure you write down any existing DNS details before you delete them if there are any.

Also, after doing the above, try resetting back to prior state after you have logged into and out of D3, this will remove the workaround and return things to normal. A few people have posted this worked for them and they could still log back into the game after changing the DNS back to default. Good luck!
shut down for a patch once a week is cool does not bother me at all, but having extended problems after they patch. goes to show that they dont put the time and effort in diablo 3 like they do WoW because we dont pay to play diablo 3. people have the right to be pissed off we pay to buy the game, we exspect it to be playable. its been out for awile now and the errors just keeping flowing in. You think they would let WoW or SC be offline due to a error like this? i really doubt it they would have fixed it within the hour or two
Edited by stickykush#6295 on 12/11/2012 10:18 PM PST
12/11/2012 09:52 PMPosted by PerfectFRK
I just tried the dns solution and the game works as slow as !@#$, seriously ? this is the solution that u guys come through?

Hey PerfectFRK, try resetting the DNS info now back to the ISP default, and see if you can still login to D3, this has worked for a few people.
Please stop blaming my ISP...

Estimation on Fix?

Twitter #3007Error
Edited by BatsJuan#1550 on 12/11/2012 10:30 PM PST
I have Auto Acquire DNS other than Auto just gives me not working settings that lead to no internet connection at all.
I dunno why we talk about how our computers are set up. We all played yesterday and today half the players can't connect after a Patch 1.0.6.13644/3007.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]