Diablo® III

Give me an interesting build, somebody

Build must be able to do at least MP5 to be considered viable.

MP2-MP3 is a fun build.

MP0, well everything is viable in MP0.

MP6 to MP10 is only for cookie cutter builds. According to the stats for a barbarian, 96% of the high level paragon players use both Ruthless and Weapon Master.

Two passives does not a cookie cutter build make.

I use this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acQiVk!dYZ!bZZZZc for MP10 and other high MPs.

Dual wield with high cc and high cd along with the constant 20%cc from overpower and revenge. Used with 8.5% LS and the 9% rend->life from Blood Lust rune, it is quite fun.

The idea is to remain in ground effects with as many mobs as you want, overpower AoE dmg about every 5 secs, revenge AoE and heal almost on global, bash +24% dmg and spamming the balls out of rend. Echoing fury fear has a bonus here, as you are constantly fear bombing and rending the circulation of mobs.

It's funny to get frozen and take a massive hit to your hp, stood in all sorts of ground effects, dozens of mobs beating on you and actually see your hp shoot back up to full.

It also allows me to do things like...solo MP8 skele king from 90% to dead then go and resurrect the dead WW barbs before starting on the butterfly woman.
And Zoltan Kulles slow time and teleport shenanigans have little effect with rend.

Ignore pain would ideally be replaced with battle rage +30% dmg, but it's a nice oh sht for times it doesn't quite go your way as well as being a god send for succubi and occultists.

For lower Mp's IP is replaced with battle rage and Blood Lust rune for rend is replaced with ravage for range.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 12/12/2012 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Double hook range barb is a lot of fun

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/venveng-1906/hero/8339914
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZRgdh!UZb!ZccZcb
Monk build for when PvP comes out. Might switch Fleet Footed for StI if MS turns out not to matter too much.
Reply Quote
my DH build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bWXVkh!eXY!cacbcb night stalker can be changed to any thing you want also switch your bola to thunder bola for stunning and can solo mp6-7 fairly easy
I use smoke screen so i can stand still while mortars are falling and prep is my emergency heal i never use potions really

and i use bounty hunter entangled shot for those pesky reflect damage packs or a few shots here and there to heal up
Reply Quote
Great Thread, it has given me some good ideas.
Thanks,
Windigo
Reply Quote
I like a two handed Barbarian build that yields a particular visceral experience that Whirlwind doesn't quite deliver. So I took some time to really think about what I was after and came up with this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#abXSkP!XYc!bbccaZ"]build[/url]. It might not be efficient but it's crazy barbaric fun.

*Edited the build link*
Sorry all, I previously linked the wrong build and had to edit it. :(

Ohhh, thats a build.....
Edited by WhiteBootz#6395 on 12/12/2012 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hak View profile

unlimited tempest rush and bells is the next evolution to ww barb for me

it is a return to D2 style grinding with no cooldown spammable spells and almost unlimited mana together with very fast and smooth running speed to get across the map easily, heck you can even play with one hand while munching some food with the other

loving it so far :D

ssshhhhh...... not too loud, they might end up deeeming that way of playing not fun!
Reply Quote
Rumble barb is a fun build. Good for crowds and mobs, it looks badass too the way everything is exploding and shaking. Quite costly in terms of fury if cc is below 50% but overpower can remedy that. You'd still need battle rage for fury gain though.
Reply Quote
The build I'm running with: Death Blossom tank wizard.
Reply Quote
I play kind of a poor man's raining meteor on my Wizard. It's a bit easier and cheaper to gear for than the traditional CM/WW and raining meteor build because it doesn't really rely much on APoC. I kind of stumbled upon this a few weeks ago when I was playing around with the buff wizard build that was posted around that time, but with +10 max AP on one piece of gear, you can hit 150 max AP with Astral Presence and Energy Armor- Energy Tap, allowing you to fire off 3 meteors in a row before switching back to defensive and primary skills.

The build I currently use abuses Living Lightning and Prodigy to regenerate AP. Against packs of monsters, 4-5 casts of LL with the base APoC from Chantodo's wand will generate me AP fast enough that I can get off like 5 Meteors in a row with my AP barely moving, and the effect is even more ridiculous against Missile Damping enemies. Beyond that, it plays much like a regular CM wizzie, abusing CM to spam Diamond Skin and Frost Nova, along with Mirror Mimics for even more crowd control fun.

Some more builds close to RM:
1. very funny - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPOgXQ!Xgc!cbbcZY
There's a feeling of a power of sorc when you fire 5-6 meteor showers in a row. It's a big kabooooom on a screen. Sometimes players in an open game just stand still till the end because they can't see a thing in the fire.
2. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPOgXQ!dgc!cZbcZY - close to blink-sorc from d2, less dmg but very frequent jumping. It's kinda funny to jump around mobs and kiting them with meteors and LL.
You'll need some stuff like Oculus with meteor cost redutcion but it's cheap (and the best with meteors + teleport). SoJ with meteor cost reduction will be another one nice to get.
The more AP, meteor cost reduction, APoC, CC you'll get - the more meteors you can fire in the same amount of time.
Both "builds" are not too viable because you need to be close to mobs and you don't use Prismatic Armor. Changing rune to that makes builds much less funny.
Edited by Immundissime#2657 on 12/12/2012 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was using a 2hand build with a skorn, but its so not my style, too slow and blase, so I switched up to a duel wield build, but kept Cleave w/ broad swing as my main attack, its a lot more fun this way for sure. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bckRPV!VZY!YZcaZc
Edited by BoughanFire#1213 on 12/12/2012 6:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Wooginator
Something that isn't the usual thing. It doesn't need to be efficient or even necessarily function above MP1 or 2, I'm just looking for something fun and different. It also shouldn't be too expensive. Any class is fine.

I find on my monk that using life per spirit spent is fun when combined with spirit regen.. I'm trying to get more of both to experiment further.
Reply Quote
I like a two handed Barbarian build that yields a particular visceral experience that Whirlwind doesn't quite deliver. So I took some time to really think about what I was after and came up with this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#abXSkP!XYc!bbccaZ"]build[/url]. It might not be efficient but it's crazy barbaric fun.

*Edited the build link*
Sorry all, I previously linked the wrong build and had to edit it. :(

Hooray for 2-handed Barbarians!

Creative build. Basically uses all Fury generators so that Berserker Rage is always active. I kind of want to try that, but maybe use Ruthless instead of Inspiring Presence and figure out a way to sneak Maurader's Rage in there somehow :)

Hmm...maybe this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bYXkRP!XYZ!YZccaZ
Edited by AngryRonald#1310 on 12/12/2012 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 08:04 PMPosted by nawlbergs
ive never seen a witch doctor user spirit realm attacks.... :P

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#egjdUX!WfT!ZYYYaY
I think this looks fun
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
For the DHs, by far, strafe is pretty fun build to play in pub games and solo mp5 or lower.

Gears:
2OS Manticore: It's better than using calamity because your hatred will burn slower.
Nat's Set: Yes, +20disc is awesome with Preparation. Invest in Nat's chest w/hatred regen & % cc from strafe.
Mara's Ammy: Best ammy out there if you could find the right combo. Look for %cc and %cc from strafe.
DML: standard stats. 20/10.
Everything else: standards in all slots.

Skills:
Your DML bonus skill: HA, EA, EBOLA,etc..
Strafe: I prefer stinging steel rune over all. Apparently, some other runes don't hit from a distant.
1. Shadow Power: I like gloom but other runes are more critical.
2. Rain of Vengeance: Dark Cloud. Why? Because its 30secs cooldown and you crit like crazy.
3. Preparation: Punishment. (obvious).
4. Companion: Bat.

Passive:
Vengeance - A must.
Night Stalker - A must. crit increase your disc regen so you can spam preparation.
________ - user's choice.

Just join a random pub game and you will be flying all over and kill stuffs left and right. You could do this single handed if needed.
Reply Quote
After endless tinkering with my WD, I have finally put this together for group play (substitute Zombie Dogs for Big Bad Voodoo when soloing):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SfUdiQ!WUT!ZcacZb

Roll the Bones rune on Firebomb does obscene damage for a primary if you are dedicated enough to position yourself appropriately and aim, nothing beats surgical Hex strikes on a particular elite in the middle of a pack (yes it can be done, and I would be happy to explain), and shooting out zombie bears for massive single and mob damage is just plain cool. Props to the designers of the Witch Doctor for making the most visually interesting and diverse character I have ever experienced in an ARPG. Started as and dumped a ton of hours into a Barbarian, but after 1.05, the Witch Doctor easily took the spot as my main class.
Reply Quote
Until I realized that Whirlwind is just too great of an ability to pass up due to CC avoidance (and I don't mean the build, I specifically mean Whirlwind), I ran this two handed Barbarian build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZPeRc!ZYd!bZZYYZ

It takes some cues from the WW/Sprint build along with adding in a fury generator and lots of fury spenders. It also demands a hard hitting Two Hander (generally a Skorn), and a crit chance of at least 45%-50%. Works best with a Life Stealing Belt and Life Stealing passive for an easy 6% Life Steal, doesn't need Life Stealing weapons but it's nice to have them.

1. Bash/Punish - For damage % stacks and Fury Generation, since it has a 1.0 proc coefficients, critical hits will always generate an extra 15 Fury (so 23 fury gained on crits)

2. Battle Rage/Into the Fray - Damage increase, crit hit increase, fury generation on crits dependent on proc coefficients

3. Hammer/Smash - Hardest hitting "single" target (can hit multiple) skill that Barbs have. Has a .8 proc coefficient, so most of the time your crits will make the skill cost 5 Fury. Get some Hammer Reduction gear and Hammer then can become a fury generator

4. WOTB/Insanity - CC immunity and huge damage increase, can't keep Thrive up with this build, so don't bother

5. Seismic Slam/Strength From Earth - Don't listen to people who say Rumble is better, it has a worse damage per fury spent than Strength. Strength allows you to Slam earlier, more often, and returns just as much if not more Fury than Rumble. With high attack speeds, Seismic Slam pretty much becomes the "Shotgun" of the game with a nice spread, good damage, and crowd clearing capabilities.

6. Rend/Bloodlust - if you get surrounded, and manage to get a Rend in before getting flinched, then this will keep you alive while you start dispatching foes around you.

7. General DPS increasing passives, Bloodthirst is there for healing. If you don't want the extra Life Steal (or don't rely on it), can be switched out for pretty much anything you desire.

I wish I could run this build as efficiently as a Whirlwind build, but Whirlwind is just too valuable with its particular CC immunity and mobility.
Edited by Begaria#1359 on 12/12/2012 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
unlimited tempest rush and bells is the next evolution to ww barb for me

it is a return to D2 style grinding with no cooldown spammable spells and almost unlimited mana together with very fast and smooth running speed to get across the map easily, heck you can even play with one hand while munching some food with the other

loving it so far :D

Very interesting, kind of like a caster monk. I like the idea, might give it a try. Have you considered getting a fourth inna's piece? That way once you get full stacks on sweeping wind you can just keep casting it for 5 spirit each time to renew it, instead of having to let it run out between fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]