Diablo® III

Monster power XP needs to scale higher!

It takes so long to reach Paragon 100 that I would really love to get all 5 classes to this point, but unfortunately, I don't see this happening with the current system.

It's really unfortunate people are running MP0 to get the most efficient amount of XP basically totally ignoring the wonder feature of MP we have been given in 1.0.5

XP *should* scale the same as MF or GF and maybe when double that. I don't see a change like this hurting anyone or effecting the game in a bad way.
Reply Quote
No one agrees here?

I mean how is grinding MP0 any fun at all? seriously?
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1 mp0 is getting old fast
Reply Quote
I agree. The challenge from MP0 to MP1 scales precipitously, and I don't think the XP reward is worth it. My DH destroys MP0 inferno and is one hit killed by almost any elite in MP1.

Before I'm told to QQ because my gear is lame: with the exception of my helm, everything I have was found by me or passed down by friends. I have not used the AH for anything other than crafting materials, and will not because it contributes to the brokenness of D3's current item economy. What the hell is the point of playing this type of game if I can just buy the best stuff anyway?
Reply Quote
Very much yes, you can show that once you can no longer oneshot everything, your experience gain drops by about 30% per monster level. It really needs a buff so that you gradually increase the challenge level as you gear up, but are always challenged. Right now you run on MP0 or maybe MP1 unless you're farming keys/ubers because everything else just gives so much less return per unit time.
Reply Quote
Double it!
Reply Quote
MP10 needs to give way more exp. It takes me like 20+ times longer to kill mobs and the exp difference isn't worth it at all.
Reply Quote
Ehhh mp0 which i never did for fast xp.

I find mp2 is a freat place for some bonus xp and mf and mobs still take a nose dive wuick

Mp10 is for ubers and legend hunting, mp10 is not for xping
Reply Quote
The bonus XP is not worth it because you get 5-10K when you need 90 million to level once you hit high paragon levels.
Reply Quote
No, they should make kills grant even more xp. In d2 you can level 1-80 in a few hours, after that 80-99 will take you a few weeks to a month or two playing a few hours a day. It should be like this in D3 where you can rerroll/power lvl your guy to lvl 70ish paragon all in the same day. so when duel comes out you will be facing paragon 88, 75, 64, but very few 90+
Edited by dEEzY#1426 on 12/12/2012 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do agree the XP reward should be better for higher MP levels to make up for the slowndown in speed. Another possibility would be to scale down monster health (while leaving monster damage the same) to speed up higher MP games.

Until then, you should look for the MP level where you can 1-shot most trash mobs without getting killed and play there.
Reply Quote
I don't agree that gold or item drops be improved any further beyond what is current.

However I do agree that experience should.

Experience should increase at the same magnitude as health increases.

In other words, much faster paragon is at the high MP while faster Items/Gold at low MP.

That would really give someone a pause, do I farm items faster at low MP now, or level up faster so I can later farm items faster later?
Reply Quote
I do agree the XP reward should be better for higher MP levels to make up for the slowndown in speed. Another possibility would be to scale down monster health (while leaving monster damage the same) to speed up higher MP games.

Until then, you should look for the MP level where you can 1-shot most trash mobs without getting killed and play there.

That's exactly why I made this thread. I can 1 shot MP0 and MP1 but basically playing 30 minutes puts me to sleep even though I have desire to get high levels.

The higher MPs make the game better but the XP gained is really poor for doing that.

I'm currently doing MP4 and MP5 so I don't fall asleep and have chance for good drops even though it's not the most efficient.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As Grimiku pointed out in the an earlier post, one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.
Reply Quote
View profile
As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

Consider additional rewards from killing boss on higher MP :D
Reply Quote
But Lylirra, it already feels that way.

THe higher the MP the better chance at drops. I understand RNG is RNG, however that aspect of a higher chance, more or less forces people to want to get to that point. Essentially feeling forced to do the higher MP's in order to get good drops.

(also, if anyone can help me, my only character, my wd, can't hardly run effeciently... What am i doing wrong?)
Reply Quote
As Grimiku pointed out in the an earlier post, one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

The most concern thing is about open public games for any level of MP. Right now, I really feel like I'm forced to play mp0 because that's the only way to do public runs... additionally, it's always act3's last few quests. FIX THAT PLZ.
Reply Quote
As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

Looking forward to seeing what you do, but I think scaling the bonuses with mob health would be a good start. That would allow players to progress at the same rate regardless of MP level: sure, you might earn twice the XP per kill, but if mobs have twice as much health, the fights will take twice as long, which means the rates are the same, which means there's no advantage to playing a particular MP level. The decision not to reward players on high MP levels had a perverse effect.

I'm posting this as someone who plays MP6 and MP7 with 33K DPS for the challenge, BTW. I don't care about XP and certainly hate being overgeared, so I don't speed-farm, but I think the MP system is a little backward at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]