Diablo® III

Monster power XP needs to scale higher!

I think the magic find / gold find bonus and the experience bonus should be increased with high monster power. Mp0 is already rewarding , people won't feel forced to farm higher mp level, but the ones that are actually geared to farm higher one will find the game much more interesting. Right now being well geared is pretty much useless as mp0 is the most efficient way to farm.. why not motivate the players to get better gear and use skills other than going full damage to clear mp0 the fastest, more defensive skills. Higher mp requires more teamwork to farm fast.. this is where everybody bring their team damage buff , need a tank etc.. So yes higher mp should be a lot more rewarding to motivate the players to play as a team and work together.
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/18/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
mp needs higher mf boost...

WAY higher.

everyones just skating in mp0- it's STUPID.

fix it, and PLEASE.
Reply Quote
just hope they fix witch doctor mana problems before they make high mp the best.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

Nice~! We look forward to that!

I agree we need some more bonus to lure player to play higher mp
Needa think about what player is doing - loot? Exp run? Gold find run? Machine boss?

Prob only when gf mf they wil go high mp, so exp bonus should be there in high mp
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/18/2012 05:15 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
The most concern thing is about open public games for any level of MP. Right now, I really feel like I'm forced to play mp0 because that's the only way to do public runs... additionally, it's always act3's last few quests. FIX THAT PLZ.

Totally understood. We're exploring the best ways that we could make that option available (without negatively impacting your experience by making queues longer, for example).
Reply Quote
As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

I think one place to start would be to significantly nerf or remove the coop HP scaling. As it currently is, not only are players forced to play low MPs, but they're specifically locked into soloing low MPs. In exchange for gaining another player, you lose DPS/exp%/MF from your follower and get increased mob health. Awesome trade.

I agree with Grimlock's post in the sense that I'd rather be locked into playing low MPs than high MPs. Both will eventually become a grind, but at least at lower MPs, we have different options for speccing. What I think would be best though, is if we had the option to solo low MPs or play coop in higher MPs without feeling like we were playing inefficiently.

As it currently stands, cooping for anything other than keys/ubers (does anyone still run those?) is a waste of time unless you're multi-boxing and can move all of your characters in unison which most of us don't do. I know some people are going to point out that the HP/DPS ratio decreases when you add more players. I don't know why people assume that such a poor heuristic properly models farming efficiency, but it doesn't. With MP0/MP1 being significantly easier than pre-nerf, and with all of the gear that's currently available, tons of players outgear the content now. And when people outgear the content, all cooping does is make is so the faster moving player fights monsters with +70% HP and the slower players end up just tagging along.
Edited by Dazarath#1968 on 12/18/2012 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
High MPs for ubers/keys
Lower ones for EXP
Something in between for item grinding.

I do agree the MF bonus/quality of loot needs to be higher for high MPs, that way taking an hour to do a run would be worth it.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 12/18/2012 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
Totally understood. We're exploring the best ways that we could make that option available (without negatively impacting your experience by making queues longer, for example).

Add some search filter in the "Public Game" window.
Add more information who is in the game I'm about to join and ask if I will join them.
Reply Quote
one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels

Trust me, you're not even close right now. You can show mathematically that your experience gain drops off very quickly as you get into higher monster power. Once you're past the oneshot everything stage, experience gain drops by about 30% per monster power level. This is assuming all other things are equal, which of course they are not since you can run a much faster build in MP0 than in MP5+.

It seems like you were so worried about people feeling forced to run high MPs that you went way too far the other way and now we're all forced to run lower MPs. I've been trying for weeks to come up with a build and gear just to do MP3 or 4 as well as MP0 and it simply doesn't work. Push it to MP7 or MP8 and the gain per unit time is just horrible relative to MP0.

Basically, the system we have now would be like if the most efficient way to level to 60 was to run normal mode over and over again. I think we can all agree that would be bad.
Edited by Zoid#1297 on 12/18/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dont farm MP0, farm higher :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGRiemJzXc
Reply Quote
As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

simple solution. scale xp and loot with monster health. that way it becomes just as effective to run higher difficulty as it does lower difficulties. so the only incentive to do either or is farming keys, organs, and to challenge ones' self.

The loots/gold does scale with monster power.And XP now that i think of it O_o
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 12/18/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/18/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Zoid
It seems like you were so worried about people feeling forced to run high MPs that you went way too far the other way and now we're all forced to run lower MPs.

It may not be that extreme, but we certainly think that our original goal (and current goal, to be fair) of "don't create a reward system that forces players into the higher MP levels" may have been a little too successful.

While the goal is still a good one to keep, we're looking at ways to balance the reward structure better for the top end, specifically in terms of XP, so that players who want to play at the higher MP levels -- because that's the challenge level they enjoy -- don't feel super penalized for doing so.
Reply Quote
How about a reward for killing elites besides xp. Like account bound tokens that we could use to upgrade our gear. People would be garunteed to upgrade gear without being forced to use ah and get gouged.
Reply Quote

You do realise that by making the best items also drop at low MP levels your making it easy for ppl to bot farm the best gear and disadvantaging farmers that can only play 2-3 hours per day against bots that can run 24/7.

Not only are bots loading the economy with gold but now items thanks to the easymode farming. People that farm are not able to raise much gold due to this effect.

the very top end gear should only drop at higher levels of MP because for the players able to play these levels its very hard to find an upgrade.

The way the MP system works currently is like making the same gear drop in normal mode as inferno it seems totally backwards and counter productive to the game. gear should get better as you progress in differculty to give you a reason to progress and a reason to aquire better gear.
Reply Quote
Any chance of XP bonus when playing in teams as opposed to SOLO.

Just even a little bonus is good... a lot of players like to farm mp0 solo coz it's just sooooo much faster.

The only bonus when playing in teams at the moments appears to be "flagging"

Or is there something else?
Reply Quote

Consider additional rewards from killing boss on higher MP :D

THIS!
hard boss battles are fun.

Hard boss battles with very good rewards are even better.
Edited by seilaoque#1726 on 12/18/2012 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
The most concern thing is about open public games for any level of MP. Right now, I really feel like I'm forced to play mp0 because that's the only way to do public runs... additionally, it's always act3's last few quests. FIX THAT PLZ.

It would take like 5 minutes to make the other 3 acts worth playing. Literally, I am not making up numbers here. Once again: why dont you "just do it"? Tweak monster density and xp in the other 3 acts and make act 4 worthwhile, which also only requires a numerical tweak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]