Diablo® III

Monster power XP needs to scale higher!

As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

If that's the game design then so be it (I tend to disagree, but that's neither here nor there) however why have Hell and Inferno difficulty if this is the case? I would say I feel rewarded for playing on a higher difficulty at end game. These seem like conflicting ideas.

On a more constructive note: yeah, I think that more aggressive EXP scaling at higher MP levels makes a lot of sense as you said.
Reply Quote
MP10 should ultimately be desirable for most players. Not to a point where "there's no point playing anything other than MP10" but to a point where it's agreed to be a viable place for a skilled and well geared player to go, and exciting for an "up and coming" gamer to experience. It should be structured in a way that makes it hard for bots to exploit (more challenging, more combat variables thrown in) but designed to be fun and rewarding for legit players.

Once you get to paragon 100 the bonus XP becomes moot and is as wasted a bonus as fortune shrines. The XP reward needs to be far better as you move up, but I'm fine if MP10 won't be quite as XP efficient as MP0. However, higher MP should be far more rewarding in terms of drops and gold. It's a trade-off that gives lower geared players an avenue for xp/mf progression and gives them more incentive to actually make progress. Very few people are farming mp0 right now to become mp10 viable. They're farming MP0 to get xp, drops, and to get stronger to farm MP0 even more quickly (or to get a little crazy and crank it up to MP1 and try other acts than 3 without sacrificing too much efficiency)

One of the problems with MP10 is that it just isn't very much fun. Gamers want to feel mobile and powerful while also being challenged, yet MP10 mobs pose little threat and have too much hp. Constantly and repetitively spamming the same skills against a meat shield for a minute or longer and getting nothing to drop is little more fun or productive than trying to chew gum until it dissolves. Then multiply that times however many mobs you face. Monster Power should be a tool to make the game more difficult while also making that player feel like they're getting stronger through doing it. Stronger through gear, through leveling, and through experimenting with different builds as they perfect their craft.

Some things I think people would enjoy:

Nerf monster HP bonus significantly. MP10 mobs should have half as much or less bonus HP.
Increase monster density. Say, 10% more mobs per MP level.
Increase Elite and Champion density. Say, 10% more spawn per MP level
Increase Goblin spawn rate. Say, 5% more per MP level
Buff the "+ bonus item" chance to roll the max amount of affixes. Say, 1% per MP level
Buff Monster Damage a little bit
Give 1% movement speed per MP level

Significantly buff mid and end act bosses on monster power. Significantly improve their loot tables. Same for Ubers and wardens and other purple enemies. I'd rather a purple enemy be harder than a champion but one that won't spawn minions (unless it makes sense for that purple enemy to have minions).

Buff treasure chest contents with monster power (simply apply the MF from MP to them)

Do the same with weapon and armor racks.

Don't implement or take away things to deter botters at the expense of legit players. So many decisions in this game are at the detriment to fun and exploration. Outside of a real content patch, the exploration part is hard to satisfy...but there are many ways to make more fun what is already there.
Reply Quote
how about public mp1-10 games

just sayin
Reply Quote
disagree. they just need to double (hell i might say triple) monster density across all difficulties, all acts, and all MPs. more monsters=more fun and more exp and more loot....the hell havnt they done this already?!
Reply Quote
Easy solution to the problem:

10x more hp? 10x more experience.
30x more hp? 30x more experience.

Thank me later.
Reply Quote
As Grimiku pointed out in the an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004458205?page=3#47"]earlier post[/url], one of the things we want to avoid with the reward structure for Monster Power is creating a situation where players feel forced to run on the higher levels, even if they happen to feel more comfortable at somewhere between MP1 - MP3. Ideally, the added challenge should be the primary motivation for how you select your MP level, with the bonuses simply being a really cool perk that you get in return.

On the flip side, though, we know that lot players currently feel "forced" to run on the lower MP levels because it's more efficient to do so (especially if you're looking to farm XP). That's not a great situation either. So, while we don't want to change up the entire reward system for MP, we do agree that the XP bonuses could be more enticing at the top end, and we're looking to make some improvements.

I don't have a lot of details for you right now beyond that, but we've definitely heard your feedback and are trying to incorporate it in a meaningful way.

Again, again you guys want to change something for reason inconsistent with the reason you provided in the past.

Seriously how the hell silly can you guys be for not realising it has been the freaking INCONSISTENCY that drove lots of players away.

Jesus..
Reply Quote

Don't implement or take away things to deter botters at the expense of legit players. So many decisions in this game are at the detriment to fun and exploration. Outside of a real content patch, the exploration part is hard to satisfy...but there are many ways to make more fun what is already there.

Very good points and I enjoyed your post. I clicked the Like button on that :)
Reply Quote
I agree. The challenge from MP0 to MP1 scales precipitously, and I don't think the XP reward is worth it. My DH destroys MP0 inferno and is one hit killed by almost any elite in MP1.

Before I'm told to QQ because my gear is lame: with the exception of my helm, everything I have was found by me or passed down by friends. I have not used the AH for anything other than crafting materials, and will not because it contributes to the brokenness of D3's current item economy. What the hell is the point of playing this type of game if I can just buy the best stuff anyway?

First of all, just curious how you got your helm given you said it was the exception, but you still say no AH. Secondly, I as well do not use the AH for anything, I used it some when I first started for crafting mats and my exalted grand oni plan, other than that everything I have I found/crafted. That being as it is, I took the liberty to look at your character and have to wonder how you can't handle MP1, I'm currently running MP3 (not without some difficulty), but MP1 is pretty much equivalent to act 3/4 MP0 to me, and you have more dps, life, armor and res than I do.
Reply Quote
Sorry,my english is a little bad.And I want to say,in the high Monster Power,I can't see high quality things,like weapons,etc.So more and more people around me start playing Monster Power 0-3.
My suggestion,when we play high Monster Power,we can get more experience and high quality equip.If like that,I think high Monster Power will become awesome,more people will be like to chanllge.
Reply Quote
Sorry,my english is a little bad.And I want to say,in the high Monster Power,I can't see high quality things,like weapons,etc.So more and more people around me start playing Monster Power 0-3.
My suggestion,when we play high Monster Power,we can get more experience and high quality equip.If like that,I think high Monster Power will become awesome,more people will be like to chanllge.

Yes, bad items drop lots on MP 10. Magic find mixed with extra drops is better if DPS is high. With 250-300k DPS unbuffed makes MP 10 better than MP 0-3, much better. Magic find only finds more items, not better stats. It helps get more affixes on items.
Reply Quote
1:我是亚服玩家,现在亚服宝石比自己合成宝石成本还低,请给个解释。
2:猎人这个职业是很潇洒的,可是你们给做的跟狗是的,请给个解释。
3:其它的问题,你们自己想想。
Reply Quote
1: I was sub-serving player, Asian clothes gem now lower than their synthetic stones cost, Give me explain.
2: Hunter this career is very chic, but you have to do with a dog is, Give me to explain.
3: Drop the issue, you can take a look at my equipment, Tianchi big fish # 3612
All equipment to buy, do you think of all the things that are bought this game as well as the future of it?
Others like it? Map is so few, every day you run a map Interestingly it?
The task does not, add a few tasks can Siya!
Reply Quote
I just wish there was a reward for running higher MP levels. Not just a freebee, but some sort of incentive other than key/organ runs. Heck it would even be nice to be able to equip two hellfire rings. Why is an account bound ring unique equipped anyways?

I run mp1-mp2 for exp, it is very very easy. Everything nearly explodes on contact.

I know we get more exp and a chance for item drops per kill in higher mp levels, but with how terrible 99.9999% of even i63 drops are, the reward just isn't there. Struggling through mp7+ only to be rewarded with nothing is disappointing.

Really the items just need to be buffed. No reason two i63 items of the same class should be as polarized as they are now. I'm not saying make everything BIS, but there should be a closer gap between BIS and other semi-rare drops. Right now some i63 items I find are worse than gear I had equipped when I was level 50, doesn'tt make sense. There is no reward.
Edited by MustacheGuy#1904 on 12/19/2012 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this point was already made.

One big problem with the current MP bonuses is that they're ADDITIVE.
This reduces the net effect if you have ANY mf/gf/exp bonuses.

These bonuses need to be MULTIPLICATIVE, so that no matter what your base MF/GF/+EXP is, MP bonuses will retain the same NET EFFECT.
Reply Quote
High MPs for ubers/keys
Lower ones for EXP
Something in between for item grinding.

I do agree the MF bonus/quality of loot needs to be higher for high MPs, that way taking an hour to do a run would be worth it.

This.
Reply Quote

Even so, we've definitely heard your concerns and feedback about mob density in certain Acts, and are examining ways for how that might be improved.

Does "improved" mean "nerf"? Can you please not nerf mob density in Act III and instead increase mode density (or the amount of exp awarded by the fewer mobs in other acts) to compensate for Act 3?

I can't think of anything worse than lowering everyone's average XP/HR because of this.
Reply Quote
High MPs for ubers/keys
Lower ones for EXP
Something in between for item grinding.

I do agree the MF bonus/quality of loot needs to be higher for high MPs, that way taking an hour to do a run would be worth it.

This.

That.
Edited by entropus#2639 on 12/20/2012 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]