Diablo® III

Monster power XP needs to scale higher!

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this point was already made.

One big problem with the current MP bonuses is that they're ADDITIVE.
This reduces the net effect if you have ANY mf/gf/exp bonuses.

These bonuses need to be MULTIPLICATIVE, so that no matter what your base MF/GF/+EXP is, MP bonuses will retain the same NET EFFECT.

I was going to add that in my super long post, but thought it was already getting ridiculous - but yes, this is one of the biggest problems.

Wearing a Ruby in MP10 that gives 31% bonus experience has about the same effect mathematical effect as having a 10% ruby in MP0.

The deck is stacked so far in the favor of doing MP0-4 compared to MP5-10. This is the one area where you can say the bonus (if bonus meant "inefficiency") is multiplicative.

Or, if they don't want to change the additive nature of the bonuses, they could put a little more work into changing the bases of the enemies for each monster power level. An enemy in MP0 with a base exp of 1000 should have a base exp of 3000 in MP10 before applying an experience bonus. That same enemy should also have a better loot table before applying magic find.

It's called monster power, but they're all the exact same enemies when it comes to what they drop. Their loot and experience is only modified by the player's own statistical bonuses. Seems a little poorly thought out.
Reply Quote

I was going to add that in my super long post, but thought it was already getting ridiculous - but yes, this is one of the biggest problems.

Wearing a Ruby in MP10 that gives 31% bonus experience has about the same effect mathematical effect as having a 10% ruby in MP0.

The deck is stacked so far in the favor of doing MP0-4 compared to MP5-10. This is the one area where you can say the bonus (if bonus meant "inefficiency") is multiplicative.

Or, if they don't want to change the additive nature of the bonuses, they could put a little more work into changing the bases of the enemies for each monster power level. An enemy in MP0 with a base exp of 1000 should have a base exp of 3000 in MP10 before applying an experience bonus. That same enemy should also have a better loot table before applying magic find.

It's called monster power, but they're all the exact same enemies when it comes to what they drop. Their loot and experience is only modified by the player's own statistical bonuses. Seems a little poorly thought out.

Very good point there and I agree 100% [clicked like]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]