Diablo® III

[Video] Tempest Rush Monk - 100M exp/hr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexN0noGWcg&feature=plcp

made this video today, thought I would share.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/13/2012 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
is it how we calculate xp/hr?
no offence btu good job...

i am always the lazy and greedy, got to stop for yellows and break for snack in between... only clock ~30m xp/full act3 run..
Reply Quote
Wow, O_O

I only care about the song! what song is it?!? it is precious... must..have...
Reply Quote
LordRaahl: that's the song for Ken stage in Street Fighter II, Super Famicom version.
edit: The second song is Guile's.
Edited by OMEGA#1552 on 12/13/2012 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing - and congrats on hitting the 100 xp/hr 'start-to-end' milestone!

I am focused on getting my para 100 out of the way before the holidays and have been rushing there for the past few days using a slight variant from Druin's guide.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895?page=1

Your video/gear set is an excellent reference point demonstrating to me how a slightly shorter route, focused on max mob density rather than taking a bit of a detour or otherwise waiting to grab an elite pack, may deliver a better performance.

Also, your skill choice FoT:TC/Serenity is something I have been curious about but haven't tried since I didn't want to spend the xtra gold on Skorn/gear to get my dps above the level where the DR:FS buff felt advantageous.

Again - congratulations nice to see the videos of people pushing the envelope!
Reply Quote
To Ed -

I use a more real world calculation to give me a more realistic tracking estimate of my net xp gained per hour.

Since I tend to do more than just short cycle runs my actual XP/hr will never meet what folks running the 4-9 minute 'start-to-stop' rates multiplied across a 60 minute period would deliver.

Right now for example I stop to pick up every Oni blade that drops since I think it is a cool looking weapon for a Monk and buying a good one off the AH is not possible :)

And of course, pausing my game to chat with someone and other activities drop my actual XP/hr down to the 60M-70M level.

Something tells me I may develop some form of mental instability if all I did was short cycle my runs for 100+ hours...
Edited by FatherFish#1169 on 12/13/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
LordRaahl: that's the song for Ken stage in Street Fighter II, Super Famicom version.
edit: The second song is Guile's.

its the snes version, the first one, from before they juiced up the mixes
Reply Quote
View profile
hey cool vid. Never seen this run. couple questions

1. in terms of average xp/h how does this run compare to standard alkizer run for you?

2. what is the highest xp/h ever recorded for monk? I see your not using signet or cains set. is it possible to work these into your build if you had better gear or is it not possible to get enough spirit regen for this build?

if any monk as fast as this wants to do some xp runs you can add me. chucknorris#1885
Doing 90m xp/h on my wd. Ive run with top character of the all the other classes except monk.
Ill be doin the grind to get the last few lvls to 100
Reply Quote

1. in terms of average xp/h how does this run compare to standard alkizer run for you?

2. what is the highest xp/h ever recorded for monk? I see your not using signet or cains set. is it possible to work these into your build if you had better gear or is it not possible to get enough spirit regen for this build?

if any monk as fast as this wants to do some xp runs you can add me. chucknorris#1885
Doing 90m xp/h on my wd. Ive run with top character of the all the other classes except monk.

Hello YAARRRRRRRR,

I watched your WD xp/hr vid and it was very nice to see a WD able to get some top numbers!

It is possible for Monks to work in Signet to this build but Cain's is impossible. Our build HEAVILY relies on 4 piece Inna's and a Skorn which means there is no room for the third piece of cain's (hat or pants).

There are some exploity ways to get around this and even with those, the drop in kill speed due to the horrible stats on the gloves and pants makes it a net loss in xp/hr.

To make signet work you would have to change the build up a little but I am 100% sure it's possible. If I ever have access to a 30% signet I will certainly try to break the 110m xp/hr mark! :D

-Druin, the happy monk

Note: Monk highest xp/hr marks as I know them...
Personal highest (recorded in excel): 103m
Forum highest claim: 115m
Current highest video: 100m (this video)

Edit: @Seaboots, GRATS! I will have to try this route out ... I can see how skipping fields would be worth it on a single-run basis but you must lose xp/hr in total due to having to port home twice and due to having ~50% more game-remakes than Kaho's run right?

Edit2: hahahahhahahaahaha just read through 100% of the replies to your Reddit post. People on Reddit are very bad at Diablo3! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 12/13/2012 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Can someone share the route? Can't watch the video atm :/
Reply Quote
He starts at ToC1 checkpoint
Move up stairs to Arreat2
clear to WP
WP to Keeps2
Clear to dead-end
port home
WP to Rakkis
Clear to fields entrance
Done
Reply Quote
I can see how skipping fields would be worth it on a single-run basis but you must lose xp/hr in total due to having to port home twice and due to having ~50% more game-remakes than Kaho's run right?

I have never managed to break 100m / hr in the fields, except one time where it had ridiculous trash density so i exclude that run. Since i include the tp in the time it takes to do rakkis, that is already accounted for, and by the mean value theorem of integral calculus, fields will only ever bring me down :D

(i am aware that ending the run a minute early by skipping fields results in more downtime, but i would wager it is not even statistically significant considering how quick it is to hit end-resume)

and yes, some of those reddit people are clueless
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/13/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

1: standard alk run gets me 80/hr this run gets me 95/hr (both are long term averages)

2: highest monk I have heard of is simplemath doing 115. He used a signet and circular breathing so he didnt need a soj, and ran on mp1, using bell on huge mobs and other wise running his !@# off. He used inner storm instead of cyclone to finance the bells. I personally did not enjoy this playstyle.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/13/2012 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
having a leorics signet in the follower boosts around 10% of your exp bonus, is that something worth investing when gunning for paragon 100?

i always feel like the need to pick up yellows when i run cause I'm so poor and wanted to find something to sell, but I guess that why i'm stuck around 60M xp/ hr.

Do most of you all not pick up anything?
Reply Quote
if you are poor you best not spend 30M for a signet on your follower for 4% more exp bonus. picking up yellows isn't very efficient. Just gotta wait for that big crit mempo drop
Reply Quote
View profile
damn this is the first run I have seen that beats alk run consistently.

beat my personal best xp/h record on my second try. I think I can do 100mil xp/h with my wd on this with a good dungeon/shrine roll.

Seaboots did you come up with this run yourself?
Reply Quote
It is Kaho's run, and was popularized by Druin's guide, but it was my idea to not do fields.

I would like to think i would have came up with it myself though, as all I did was record the average exp/hr of each zone with 5 stacks and took what were by far the 3 best maps, and started on the one with highest elite density.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/13/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
It is Kaho's run, and was popularized by Druin's guide, but it was my idea to not do fields.

I would also like to think i would have came up with it myself though, as all I did was record the 5 stack exp/hr of each zone and took what were by far the 3 best maps, and started on the one with highest elite density.

^my kind of MMO player! :D
Reply Quote
View profile

I would like to think i would have came up with it myself though, as all I did was record the average exp/hr of each zone with 5 stacks and took what were by far the 3 best maps, and started on the one with highest elite density.

nice ya I did the same thing but never cut it down to just 3 zones. and some quick testing is suggesting that cutting fields is indeed a good call for pure xp/h with this run.

Your run actually synergies more with wd than with monk I think. Wd can run with full xp gear which reduces the effect of not having 5stack untill the midway point of the run and also the higher average mob density working well with resetting cooldowns for wd.
Reply Quote
Barbs benefit from the mob density as well. Wotb always dropped in the core for me. Terrible.

Cm and archon wiz love the density too, and dh needs mobs to shoot for disc.

This run is the next big thing, or at least it should be.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/13/2012 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]