Diablo® III

Magic find tips

In SC i used my killing speed and not much mf with my barb. Now its different, i cant kill stuff fast enough to use that tactic so what are my other options? I am stacking MF and in act2 inferno currently. I farm act 1 and 2 and so far nothing worth selling. Any tips guys?
Reply Quote
Keep playing and youll eventually find something.
Reply Quote
I played with max MF from about paragon 1 until i hit 26 yesterday and now started to use dps gear because wearing all MF gear was killing my dps and I didnt find that much difference in legend drop vs what my brother get with much less.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 01:12 PMPosted by TEDDYBEAR
In SC i used my killing speed and not much mf with my barb. Now its different, i cant kill stuff fast enough to use that tactic so what are my other options? I am stacking MF and in act2 inferno currently. I farm act 1 and 2 and so far nothing worth selling. Any tips guys?

Farm A3. You're better off gearing for survivability and farming A3 without MF than farming A2 with MF. Because all of the monsters in A3 are lvl 63, the affixes on all items that drop in 1.05 can be lvl 63 affixes. In contrast, all of the affixes in A2 - except on ilvl 63 items - can only be 62.
Reply Quote
I did the same as Asura but for not quite as long and noticed that when I had less mf I actually found more legendary and set items but it might have just been b/c I had higher DPS and could kill more enemies faster. Comes down to just luck in the end. A couple times while leveling I would find 2-3 legendary within 5 minutes and other times I find none for 5+ runs. Either way doesn't matter, I'm staying alive, gaining plvl and slowly gearing my other characters. HC is a journey not a destination :)
Reply Quote
Kill faster. Get 24% move speed. Only pickup ilvl63/sets/legnd. Don't pickup gems/tomes.

I follow those strict rules from plvl20 and forward. And the amount of items i find is just ridiculous. 6 lacunis, 2 mempos, 4 innas pants, IK helm,gloves,2xbelts, I could go on forever. But the idea is to utilize every second you farm to killing more and faster. Not loading up on MF and slowing down in XP/Kills per hour.
Reply Quote
@foots u run act3mp0? Havent found anything decent in few days lol
Reply Quote
Kill faster. Get 24% move speed. Only pickup ilvl63/sets/legnd. Don't pickup gems/tomes.

I follow those strict rules from plvl20 and forward. And the amount of items i find is just ridiculous. 6 lacunis, 2 mempos, 4 innas pants, IK helm,gloves,2xbelts, I could go on forever. But the idea is to utilize every second you farm to killing more and faster. Not loading up on MF and slowing down in XP/Kills per hour.

maybe but then again your are p66 so kinda a given that you found that kind of stuff; i found that kind of stuff(abit less) and only p25 when I was running with max MF.

lately im only getting crappy legend like the ilvl 62 ammy,severx2,frostburn,gladiator etc and none of the cool legend =(.

Btw i hate you for wearing tal armor as a barb.
Edited by Asura#1611 on 12/11/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]