Diablo® III

Teleport Skill Bugs(pics)

In D2 teleport was a primary sorceress skill, you could also teleport everywhere within your screen radius, I loved that skill.

In D3 you put a huge cooldown on that skill, you nerfed it so much that many wizards dont even use it, using more useful abilities, I wonder why there is no rune or passive skill for having TP without cooldown. BTW, Illusionist doesnt work in most cases, especially when there are no mobs.

More over while playing with that skill, I found so much stupid bugs when you are unable to tp, in some cases he hits some invisible walls so you cannot get it over using tp. Or teleport radius is so small, looks like a half of screen or less.

I prepared screenshots, please enjoy:

http://supserv.net/d3/tp-bug/
Reply Quote
its not included in your screenshots, but the worst case is when you want to teleport thru a "L" shaped !@#$%^- corner, but it wont let you teleport diagonally
Reply Quote
Yes, I too found Teleport to be very quirky. Doesn't synergise well with other skills either (ie. Archon [Teleport]).
Worst of all, gotta love the [Wormhole] bug that if timed right can rubberband you accross the map forcing you into a second cool-down phase immediately after coming out of cool-down. That bug infuriates me to no end.

I do however disagree that many wizards don't use it. Most builds at the least recommend it if not incorporate Teleport. First, it's our only form of burst-movement; Second is the runes are quite utilitarian. I have a hard time deciding which rune to take half the time, and wish I could have multiple Teleports on my skill-bar.
Sure, not all Wiz's use Teleport, but I'm sure ALL wizards would testify to the importance of Teleport.
Reply Quote
You should be able to teleport through anything but 0 cooldown would be op. Imagine blinking around the screen timebombing everything. ....Actually that sounds awesome.... nevermind
I find it very useful but im kind of a wiz noob.
Reply Quote
BarrelBuster View profile

You should be able to teleport through anything but 0 cooldown would be op. Imagine blinking around the screen timebombing everything. ....Actually that sounds awesome.... nevermind

I think they felt that enigma "broke the game" in D2 so they didnt want the skill to be that "OP" in D3
Reply Quote
Both teleport and wicked wind need to be redone so they do not rely on line of sight or movement, make them cast from above and not be fired from the players position. Teleport is really a nuisance and can cause your death but wicked wind really annoys me when I want to drop a tornado from the sky onto a group of monsters but instead it gets stuck on a pile of bones near my feet.
Reply Quote
You can teleport up and down 'levels' of a structure without pause, but god help you if you're trying to clip a corner or get past a crate or other obstruction. That's just far too difficult for a teleport to bypass.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 03:29 PMPosted by ter999
its not included in your screenshots, but the worst case is when you want to teleport thru a "L" shaped !@#$%^- corner, but it wont let you teleport diagonally

I did not find "L" places where it hits invisible wall - please share such screenshot I will add it.

12/12/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Dirk
I think they felt that enigma "broke the game" in D2 so they didnt want the skill to be that "OP" in D3

teleport in D2 was awesome skill, in D3 it is so retarded.

12/12/2012 04:20 PMPosted by vexorian
They really need to fix it the glitches though. I think Barbarian's leap has 500% better chance to actually skip an obstacle than teleport. It is a teleport, you should be able to teleport to any visible point within a radius, is it that hard?

exactly, I also want to emphasize that teleport radius is so small it should be increased to full screen.

12/12/2012 04:20 PMPosted by vexorian
And regarding the passive or rune to remove cooldown, it is already in the game, it is called CM.

it doesn't work if there are no mobs. Why should we be depended on mobs on map?
Reply Quote
View profile
Even with teleport, Wizards are the least mobile class by far.
Reply Quote
What I found is that teleport sometimes doesn't teleports to where you click.. It is off by a few in-game yards sometimes.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 02:30 AMPosted by OnSugarHill

yes that's truth!
Reply Quote
i cant teleport past a barrel for f sake
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 03:19 AMPosted by YORI
i cant teleport past a barrel for f sake

make a screen please for me. I will add it.
Reply Quote
BarrelBuster View profile

Well they are the same people who made enigma so eff them!
1.09 D2 was such a good game, Then the wow team made 1.10 :(
Reply Quote
I don't use teleport despite it's uses for escaping danger. I feel it's too glitchy and with the long cool down, the only thing it's used for is escaping danger or traversing small sections of a map quickly. Yes you can tele a few times in a row with the one rune, but as soon as you run into a pile of bones or anything, the cooldown starts. Until something is done with it, it's just a waste of space on my skill bar
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 05:59 AMPosted by DusterDo
I don't use teleport despite it's uses for escaping danger. I feel it's too glitchy and with the long cool down, the only thing it's used for is escaping danger or traversing small sections of a map quickly. Yes you can tele a few times in a row with the one rune, but as soon as you run into a pile of bones or anything, the cooldown starts. Until something is done with it, it's just a waste of space on my skill bar

that is why teleport should be fixed and reworked carefully.
Reply Quote
The L crossing is horrible...
I support this thread.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 02:30 AMPosted by OnSugarHill
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]