Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

Hell, it would be really great if they simply put as much effort into putting out information for this game and interacting with it's community as they do for WoW, but then they'd have to ramp it up like 1000% and they seem to have no intention of ever putting that many resources into a game without a sub.
One of the primary things I need to do with my job is communicate with the public. Whether I like them or not, or whether I have the answer or not, they still want to hear something, and rightfully so, they are paying my salary, so I in fact do owe them.

I don't always have the answer on hand, in fact, about 75% of the time I don't have an answer readily available, but what do I have is the ability to go find it and report back. Whether it's something they want to hear or not; either way I report back.

There is a certain avenue of respect when someone comes to you for knowledge seeking your expertise, then there is a whole other avenue when someone pays your salary and they expect some answers.

The moral of the story is, listen to the players primary concerns and address them, report to them. If you don't have an answer, find out and report back. If you still don't have an answer, just tell us, be honest. Like if the devs really don't know what direction they want to go in with a particular issue, tell us. If anything we can start bouncing ideas off you to take back to the devs.

Never believe that your too big to fail, because once the money stops coming in, you fail. If you drive enough players away, believe me, they won't come back, no matter what expansion you bring in or what additional games are made, your players will not forget.
@Lylirra

Suggestion:

Create a sticky post in the General Discussion entitled something like Weekly/latest updates

this will definitely make things a lot easier for players and CMs like yourself because of the following:

1) Players who want to know the latest updates can just view that sticky post and know what has been discussed in the forums so far - make things alot easier and condensed in the forums.
2) You don't have to repeat yourselves so many times in different forum posts because of players' ignorance - saves everybody's time and effort and frustration
3) Touch on hotly debated topics in the forums - for eg. Duping, PvP, etc. EVEN if you dont have the answers or you are not in the position to answer those topics, do at least acknowledge them. Something like: "hey guys, we have heard of your concerns. We do not have a definite answer to it yet, but we will look into it" or sth like that. That will show that at least we have been heard and you wont get to see annoying subsequent posts suggesting Blues are intentionally ignoring those controversial topics.
4) Give a weekly update on what you guys or the devs have been working on so at least we know that the game is progressing and we as players can look forward to better things.

Thank you and good job so far! :)
So what do we have so far for solutions from this thread then?

1) Clone Lylirra
2) Do a weekly round up of feedback in a sticky thread of the CM's
3) Clone Lylirra
4) Have a better detection system to see what threads CM's are observing. this might have privacy issues so make it simple (Blue view lol)
5) Clone Lylirra
6) Repeat Step 1,3 and 5..and double it

Guess this thread was worth keeping open ..sorta. Thank the OP for trolling then!

In all seriousness most of the frustrations is beyond your control Lylirra as good of a CM as you are. A new company wide change of feedback, communication and response is needed. It's too big for you or Vaeflare and Grimiku. Tell your higher ups to get with the new era, customers are demanding beasts, have to adjust quickly or lose more of them. Can't just carry the wagon by the Blizzard name anymore, it's just going to get worse.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/12/2012 10:59 PM PST
Am I the only one who thinks it's embarrassing for Blizzard to have an employee asking their community how to do their job better; and then retorting with, "I'm aware of what my job description is and what I'm supposed to be doing within that role."?

How long have you been working for Blizzard?

She is asking how to be more effective to the customer base, not her employer. I don't see that as embarassing at all. Could she be doing better? sure. I'd rather have her ask us how to improve, than her boss who is some silver spoon, who is out of touch with reality.

I agree with the last statement. However, it's not what she's doing, it's how she's doing it. It'd be better of her to ignore posts where she might have to "defend" herself.

It seems however, that a certain lack of professionalism is a requirement for employment with Blizzard.
Edited by Montus#1499 on 12/12/2012 10:58 PM PST
Lyrria, what I'm going to need you to do, in order to be an adequate CM, is read all the threads I have written about the state of the game, and ignore others'. Mine is a paragon of well thought out constructive feedback and suggestions of developing the game in the right direction. Nobody else truly knows what this game needs. The sooner you realize that my opinions are golden and everyone else's are inadequate, the sooner Diablo 3 can rise to the pinnacle of modern PC gaming.
Community Manager
Why don't you do that ??
Instead of not doing that great thing , did Which Act Environment is Your Favorite?
Thats totally ridiculous.

We create polls and post about fan creations and highlight community threads because they're a good way to engage players and/or promote how awesome our fan base is. Those types of posts may be not be valuable to everyone (for example, you may not find them enjoyable, and that's okay), but that doesn't mean they're not worth doing.

Even so, understanding the priorities of our players better can help us focus our efforts more succinctly, and that's never a bad thing -- so thanks. :)
Community Manager
I agree with the last statement. However, it's not what she's doing, it's how she's doing it. It'd be better of her to ignore posts where she might have to "defend" herself.

It seems however, that a certain lack of professionalism is a requirement for employment with Blizzard.

I happen to disagree (but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm correct). So, harsh critcisms, but well received.
One of the primary things I need to do with my job is communicate with the public. Whether I like them or not, or whether I have the answer or not, they still want to hear something, and rightfully so, they are paying my salary, so I in fact do owe them.

I don't always have the answer on hand, in fact, about 75% of the time I don't have an answer readily available, but what do I have is the ability to go find it and report back. Whether it's something they want to hear or not; either way I report back.

There is a certain avenue of respect when someone comes to you for knowledge seeking your expertise, then there is a whole other avenue when someone pays your salary and they expect some answers.

The moral of the story is, listen to the players primary concerns and address them, report to them. If you don't have an answer, find out and report back. If you still don't have an answer, just tell us, be honest. Like if the devs really don't know what direction they want to go in with a particular issue, tell us. If anything we can start bouncing ideas off you to take back to the devs.

Never believe that your too big to fail, because once the money stops coming in, you fail. If you drive enough players away, believe me, they won't come back, no matter what expansion you bring in or what additional games are made, your players will not forget.

marketing communications 101 - I agree with the above statement. As a certain line of consultancy like myself, I do have to give not only answers to my employer, but my client, works both way.

I happen to disagree (but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm correct). So, harsh critcisms, but well received.

Hey, you wanted to improve, right?
Edited by Montus#1499 on 12/12/2012 11:04 PM PST
Community Manager
12/12/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Montus

And there are many different ways in which to do so.
12/12/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Lylirra

And there are many different ways in which to do so.

You're not over-defensive , you just correct people a lot.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Okay, so. How do you think we could improve?

If you are still taking improvement suggestions, here's mine:
I'd like that the quality (not the rarity) of the drops would improve. I farm on MP2-6 with max MF gear, but still, 95% of everything I get is nnothing but trash that does not sell in the AH. I can get a legendary at every 1,5 to 3 hours, but those arent really good either.
If you consider that I cannot afford to buy the gear I need to play at the highest MPs, where I could farm the mats I need for Hellfire Ring, I will never get upgrades.
Edited by TidalSnake#1424 on 12/12/2012 11:13 PM PST
Why don't you do that ??
Instead of not doing that great thing , did Which Act Environment is Your Favorite?
Thats totally ridiculous.

We create polls and post about fan creations and highlight community threads because they're a good way to engage players and/or promote how awesome our fan base is. Those types of posts may be not be valuable to everyone (for example, you may not find them enjoyable, and that's okay), but that doesn't mean they're not worth doing.

Even so, understanding the priorities of our players better can help us focus our efforts more succinctly, and that's never a bad thing -- so thanks. :)

After 7months since launch, playing 1800 or 500 or 200 hours played same game.
You guys think that post engage or promote players more fun ??? what ??
It actually does'nt worth anything.

"How do you think we could improve?"

The only things I would suggest you do as to stop fueling the hatred of people is to stop posting in threads that have no real impact on the games problems. Threads like talking about what builds you like to play, or cats (as someone pointed out though I never saw that post).

Threads that crop up every day and players continually echo on the games problems are : PvP, class balance, bad itemization, no diversity, items are boring, most skills are useless/boring.. things like that. These are the threads you guys need to be posting in, not the other threads. Your only going to enrage a large majority of people.

quote from Deadlysynz
Edited by BritneyFox#1774 on 12/12/2012 11:14 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]