Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

here here,

less - opinions about your own character doing whatever, less posting in roleplaying/story threads etc.

i mean...it only indicates to me that CM's dont really know/do anything - response is always "ill tell a developer, im not sure what developers are doing etc." nothing of substance -

what exactly is your job description? apply blue paint to inane threads to create semblance of active and substantive game management?

you guys are always respectful and genuine...but fruitless.

you obviously cant answer nuanced game questions, speculative questions, questions about future content you arent authorized/not aware of - but....there has to be something substantive you can disclose occasionally?

idk....guess its not your job.
12/12/2012 07:16 PMPosted by DarkNight
WTF ARE u talking about? u ok ? u drink ur pills today?

My post would make sense if you actually read the OP's instead of spent your time uploading Jay Wilson helm jpgs and trolling multiple threads.

I wish more of you went with the bot ban wave. The lot of ya need a temp ban. Disrespectful punks.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/12/2012 7:21 PM PST
12/12/2012 07:08 PMPosted by TROLLYPOLLY
I get more information from Jay Wilsons twitter than I do forums which is bogous as well.

This!
Blues are not developers guys, they are just the developers/players interface, they are here to gather feedback to sent to the developing tean, and to get info from the developers to us.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in posting on any "fun threads" or in just small talking to the comunity, im my opnion thats great!

The problem really lies in the other front, the info coming from the developers to the players, you guys are getting mad because it fells like nothing is being done to improve the game becouse, well, thats how it fells when we get no news (or very vague, and not really solving anything) and no fixes for whatever is the problens in game currently.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

by hiring indie game devs like me :)

not that I have a problem with your version of the game, I love to see what other minds come up with, but having the ability to put my own spin on it would be great, and I have a feeling many haters would be upset... that they have less to hate.
It's all moot. That was this month's blue post.. Way to waste it, guys.

Be more interactive with the fanbase, fore starters.

1.Actually comment on all our opinions
2.Daily update of what was going on in the dev team that's making the game better
3.If someone comes up with a idea, comment your thoughts on it of why its bad/good.
4.Maybe stream your game play over twitch? i'm honestly getting tired of watching pay tow in ppl play.

also... not to be rude, hire people that actually play the game, you know the ones that don't have degree's and play this game way more then they work.
Edited by Winky#1867 on 12/12/2012 7:28 PM PST

Play path of exile and copy features from them.

Every Tuesday, on the infamous Maintenance day, release a thread detailing pieces of information about what could be included in the next full patch, and actually communicate with us here on the forums. No one is going to be playing, and a majority of people will be on these forums to machine-gun post "OH GOD MAINTENANCE! DOWN ANOTHER 10 HOURS!" Giving us something to discuss, besides how much we hate Tuesdays, would be a nice alternative.

By actually addressing real issues the community brings up. For instance, there has been significant discussion on how Monster Power scales terribly and so you're pretty much forced to farm MP0 if you want any decent return per unit time. Many of us would like to know if this is working as intended.

Do NOT post in three different threads started by some fool who thinks drops have been stealth nerfed. That's incredibly disheartening. If you're going to answer questions, answer questions that aren't really stupid.
12/12/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Drakhe

thats your !@#$ing job

And Drakhe takes the lead!

This is definitely the first step - asking "how can we do better". I work a full-time job too and I too receive complaints from customers or bosses. I can not keep silent and ignore them. So same for me, the first thing I'd do is ask "how can I do better", and learn from mistakes.

Next, if it suits you and the company, at least reply "we are looking into this problem". Don't ever keep silent. It's very disappointing and frustrating when you feel you are ignored. Ever call a person and he never replies? In this case, it's even more important because we are the customers, some even are loyal customers for 10+ years.

I'd not comment further because 1. this is your job, and I believe you know better than most of us; and 2. recently there are improvements, saw you do good posts in many hot topics. So, keep it up!
12/12/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Winky

Be more interactive with the fanbase, fore starters.

1.Actually comment on all our opinions
2.Daily update of what was going on in the dev team that's making the game better
3.If someone comes up with a idea, comment your thoughts on it of why its bad/good.
4.Maybe stream your game play over twitch? i'm honestly getting tired of watching pay tow in ppl play.

I couldn't agree more Also

If you could Read the concerns of everyone however Clean up the thread's abit if there are about 15 replys that have nothing to deal with the topic delete em it only causes more rant and in reaction Causes you guys to loose Interest in continueing to Read the replys out hell I know there are a couple of replys I had wrote which went completely unread in my opinion I found my self repeating what I wrote in only a couple replys ago.

Also Clean up the Main Forum like this "Massive" ban no need for 10 threads

I deeply want to say Thank you for reading and taking down things we say here if you are at all but it makes us abit at ease I would say knowing SOMEONE cares when we feel like the entire time no one has cared
Spot on OP. I noticed this but never really brought it to the forefront. It's definitely someone from higher up telling the blues to post on fluffed up crap.

Hello Blizzard, your average age group aren't 13-17 year olds , alot of us are in our 20s and 30's all the way up to 50/60's.

We are literally left in the dark about what the aims of the devs are for the game right now as there are still serious problems with the game - and after all these months we have no opinions on how or if they plan on changing major applications of the game that are still there.

It is superficial of them.

It reminds me of the main stream media.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 12/12/2012 7:36 PM PST

When it comes to blue posts.

Either have a lot more posts (at least one per day instead a ton at a time with a break in between), have posts that talk about the progression of the game, posts replying to ideas people have in improving the game, and THEN frivolous posts on stuff of no importance.

The more blue posts with some good new information or confirmation on what's being done the better.

Interact with the forum users rather then stating a large bland paragraph that dances around the subject.

There simply needs to be more of you, I wasn't just joking around when I made the 'clone yourself' comment or sucking up. There seriously just needs to be more than 3 of you for a game that's on the verge of a 2013 made it or a 2013 didn't make it game. Cuz that's where we're at right now, it's a very intense time and I just do not think on a communicative level the higher ups are taking this very seriously, which has little to do with you but how the company is running.

TL;DR

Keep up the great work.

You do a fine job. At the end of the day its easy to get on the computer and post on these forums and say what ever we want too. Its you guys that do the same and get raged at by the community and you half to because its your job. I really do feel sorry for you guys sometimes.

There are some valid points the OP makes though. Is there a way to control which posts get posted on the main page? There needs to be a good balance between fun posts and addressing serious issues that the fans want feedback on. I feel all the community managers during per-release of this game have won the respect from most of the community by balancing these two and then they all bailed on us except Lylirra.

Lylirra- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903520855 Remember this post?
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 7:36 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]