Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

Move along people, nothing new to see here.

Players are dissatisfied with the game, and instead of providing feedback and then waiting for results, they vent on CMs.

One simple fact - CMs aren't going to make this game better. The ONLY thing they can do is pass your suggestions to the devs. This has been VERY EVIDENT in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5. You'd have to be blind and/or completely ignorant not to notice it.

Most popular issues DO get answered by CMs. It may just take a while, because they have to pass it to devs and then await the response on how the devs hope to approach the problem. This takes time.

And about CM's responses on current issues - we do get them, if the issue is big enough. Also, some issues, although big, divide the player base into two groups - one says it's not an issue and the other wants it "solved". So, which side the devs are supposed to take?

So, stop you baseless venting on CMs and stick to voicing your opinions on changes that you think should take place. Your "this game sux i quit" and "cms dont do their job" babble is pointless and not helping.
all you whiners are nothing but entitled little b!tches. You are entitled to nothing, you have produced nothing and if you don't like this game, leave and find something better to do. The people who actually do enjoy this game don't need your constant negative feedback. We get it, you will never be satisfied so go learn some programming and make your own game and let me know how that goes.

Maybe getting a gym membership will help you become a better person. Lose that extra fat you have gained from countless hours of forum posting from your mom's basement.
Hire a player advocate.

This person interacts with the player base to understand issues of concern and has access to the developers. This person is not in charge of deciding the direction of the game rather this person speaks for, is the voice of, the player base.

This person should have access to all devs including upper management. This person for the most part does not deal with trivial issues like small bugs, but rather advocates for important issues including game mechanics, progression in game, AH fees, etc. This person should understand that there are many different types of players, each group wanting possibly different things out of this game.

- Some want the best gear to cruise through the game with little effort
- Some want intense action to prove their skills
- Some, like my daughter, prefer to wander around the bazaar in Caldeum and talk to the vendors and would rather wear an inferior helm than one that looks like it has rabbit ears
- Some want progression to be slow and difficult otherwise they'd finish the game in months
- Some want progression to be quicker as they only have time to play once a week
- Some take pride in figuring out the intricacies of skill synergies to theory craft new builds
- Some value the social aspects, what little there is, of this game
- And more...

This player advocate should speak for all players and should make an effort to understand the concerns and frustrations of all players.

Hire a player advocate or designate a CM or dev to be a player advocate.
Hey I know. Let's continue bashing a game we don't like along with the community managers on the message board. Because we have nothing better to do with our lives, right?

Go read a book, go hang out with your friends, go play a game you enjoy, or do something constructive.

This behavior of insulting the people who have brought you this game AND are trying to improve it represents the scum of humanity.

Think about it. What positive difference are you making?

If you don't like the game and think it's a failure or joke, then give constructive feedback. If you don't understand what that means, then take some free advice and do something else with your life.

Seriously, that hate and negativity you people bring are only damaging yourselves mentally and physically. It's easy to jump on board with others who feel disappointed with the game. Then soon the group grows and feels like it is righteous and entitled to something.

Well, you're wrong. No one here owes you anything.

You have options which include: continue your insulting comments towards the CMs which your fellow disgruntled message board buddies will love; or you can stand apart from the hate group, be the better man, and contribute in a positive way.

At the end of the day, it's just a video game.
all you whiners are nothing but entitled little b!tches. You are entitled to nothing, you have produced nothing and if you don't like this game, leave and find something better to do. The people who actually do enjoy this game don't need your constant negative feedback. We get it, you will never be satisfied so go learn some programming and make your own game and let me know how that goes.

Maybe getting a gym membership will help you become a better person. Lose that extra fat you have gained from countless hours of forum posting from your mom's basement.

You know it's not about this. You extremists who want to constantly beat up on those who post on these forums don't help one damn bit either. It's great to see a CM posting this much and trying to respond to those with concerns. It has been said several times in this thread and I will repeat it here. We have now had no updates in almost 2 months and worse we have no word at all of anything coming down the pipe. People are not mad at the CMs per se but want to hear something from the devs. Granted this is not an MMO so with no monthly fee they are not obligated at all to gives us regular updates but if this is the pace we can expect then let us know that?
In the absence of any word at all people think the worst, which is that this company has grown so fat they feel they are above their player base and come across as being nothing but arrogant. That is very bad for future business as WOW is not going to last forever. Many folks will not spend their money with this company again if they feel they are not appreciated.
In short the CMs can't really satisfy what the forum base is looking for which is meaningful updates on what the future holds, or do we just assume this is it and move along? This is not all entitled whiners living in their mom's basement it is folks who like the game, have spent a lot of hours playing it and are now bored to tears grinding Act 3 with nothing but para levels as a reward
Hire a player advocate.

This person interacts with the player base to understand issues of concern and has access to the developers. This person is not in charge of deciding the direction of the game rather this person speaks for, is the voice of, the player base.

This person should have access to all devs including upper management. This person for the most part does not deal with trivial issues like small bugs, but rather advocates for important issues including game mechanics, progression in game, AH fees, etc. This person should understand that there are many different types of players, each group wanting possibly different things out of this game.

- Some, like my daughter, prefer to wander around the bazaar in Caldeum and talk to the vendors and would rather wear an inferior helm than one that looks like it has rabbit ears
- Some want progression to be slow and difficult otherwise they'd finish the game in months
- Some want progression to be quicker as they only have time to play once a week
- Some take pride in figuring out the intricacies of skill synergies to theory craft new builds
- And more...

This player advocate should speak for all players and should make an effort to understand the concerns and frustrations of all players.

Disregard my post dukzennukem, yours was clearly constructive!

You know it's not about this. You extremists who want to constantly beat up on those who post on these forums don't help one damn bit either. It's great to see a CM posting this much and trying to respond to those with concerns. It has been said several times in this thread and I will repeat it here. We have now had no updates in almost 2 months and worse we have no word at all of anything coming down the pipe. People are not mad at the CMs per se but want to hear something from the devs. Granted this is not an MMO so with no monthly fee they are not obligated at all to gives us regular updates but if this is the pace we can expect then let us know that?
In the absence of any word at all people think the worst, which is that this company has grown so fat they feel they are above their player base and come across as being nothing but arrogant. That is very bad for future business as WOW is not going to last forever. Many folks will not spend their money with this company again if they feel they are not appreciated.
In short the CMs can't really satisfy what the forum base is looking for which is meaningful updates on what the future holds, or do we just assume this is it and move along? This is not all entitled whiners living in their mom's basement it is folks who like the game, have spent a lot of hours playing it and are now bored to tears grinding Act 3 with nothing but para levels as a reward

If you’re going to assume the worst when there is silence from the CMs then that is on you.

Again, they owe you nothing. The game has been out since May, with updates to it every now and then with the intent of improving it. This shows that they’re constantly working on ways to improve it.

If you don’t like the product, then move on or give quality feedback.

Assuming that they’re all just a bunch of fat cats helps nothing.
Community Manager
I just wanted hop back in really quickly before I run to another meeting to say that this has been awesome. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping your comments and suggestions civil, constructive, and mostly on point (again, I'm not asking for game suggestions, but rather suggestions on how you think the community team could serve you better).

You've provided a ton of useful feedback that my colleagues and I will be attempting to act on. Some things we can start working to implement immediately, while other changes may take a bit longer while we figure out how to make them happen. Either way, I sincerely appreciate your candor and participation in this thread.

<3
Edited by Lylirra on 12/13/2012 1:59 PM PST
Hire a player advocate.

- And more...

I agree with this. I would feel better about the future of this game if the CMs actually posted in a manner that lead me to believe that they understand the game and are going to pass on the information and opinions that are important to the players.

When the CMs spend their time posting in idiot threads and responding to whiny trolls I have to wonder if that is what they are passing on instead of the info that needs to be passed on.

We should get to test the CMs to see if they know the game and are smart enough to sift out the details they need to pass on.
What do CM's make? Because I'm sure it's not enough to deal with these sniveling little pansies. Jesus it's a video game, if you people were this passionate about other things there would be a lot less wrong in the world. No but you choose to harrass people on a 60 dollar purchase that you made. Hey here's an idea go kill pixelated internet monsters and be happy, if not play another game. It's not some elite club where you have to pay a high dollar monthly fee to be apart of, so you're entitled to certain things. No you made a purchase if you're not happy with the purchase cut your losses and play another game. The game will sink on it's own if enough people quit, but it's not going to stop if you're still interacting with it. I'm not a blizzard fan boy at all I play multiple games, if this one irritates me I move on, if I like the current patch I play. I know what I just typed out is kinda scattershot and mumbly but it's something that doesn't really get stated much. TIME TO GO FINISH MY ENGINE I'M BUILDING NOW <3
Posted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

-add 100 more legendary items, including a lot of normal, nightmare and hell.
-add 20 more sets
-add 15 more unique stats
-add 3 new types of gems
-make white items useful
-make blue items useful
-add super super rare (tradeable) "unique skill learning books"
-allow us to chose where to put stats when we level
-remove capping from everything: mf, runspeed, IAS,...
-allow to go from 1 act to next in-game
-allow for 6 players
-allow us to join mp1-10 games based on a filter.
-remove "unique eqipped"
-remove "account bound"
-add new monster affix

ADD NEW LEGENDARY... LIKE 100 MORE. BALANCE THEM EQUALLY.

for example.

Manticore - 2 sockets, poison damage, att speed, crit damage, dex

how about... Fire wings - 2 sockets, life steal, when the weapon hit a target there is a 30% chance to leave a pool of fire beneath them (THIS DAMAGE SCALES OFF YOUR ACTUAL DAMAGE. NOT LIKE 2K DAMAGE A SECOND COZ THATS F*****G STUPID. IT WILL BE AS !@#$ AS FIRE WALKERS. AND THIS POOL OF FIRE CAN CRIT.), crit damage, att% (no main stat)

or Heavens Fury - 2 sockets, 2k life on hit, bolts of lightning occasionally fall from the sky to deal 5-10% weapon damage (WHICH CAN ALSO CRIT) crit damage, 100 str+vit+dex+int, and finally att speed

man i could come up with hundreds of these. right now there are maybe 15-20 legendarys that sell on AH. there is no match for them. like manticore, every demon hunter who has half a brain will roll with a manticore because its clearly the best.

have some alternatives.

you need at least 5 alternatives to the following:

Manticore
Vile Ward
Chantodos force, Triumvate, tal rasha wizard off hand (whatever its called) however there are a few of these which are viable so you would only have to add 2-3
Tyraels Might
Inna temperance (turn this into a brown legendary with a few different stats (keeping the crit, and attack speed, give it some random rolls as well instead of just one)
Skorn
The Grandfather
Chantodo's will (make a few legendary thats just as good but uniquely different)
Ik chest armor, zunimassa marrow (make a few legendary thats just as good but uniquely different)
Stone of jordan

i watched an interview with jay a long time ago explaining why rares were going to be the best, because the d3 team dont want everyone running around with the same items.

well here is the fix to that. for every godly legendary have 5-10 godly legendarys with similar stats
I just wanted hop back in really quickly before I run to another meeting to say that this has been awesome. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping your comments and suggestions civil, constructive, and mostly on point (again, I'm not asking for game suggestions, but rather suggestions on how you think the community team could serve you better).

You've provided a ton of useful feedback that my colleagues and I will be attempting to act on. Some things we can start working to implement immediately, while other changes may take a bit longer while we figure out how to make them happen. Either way, I sincerely appreciate your candor and participation in this thread.

<3

.....to be a fly on the wall at that meeting..
I honestly think the CM's are doing a great job given that 90% of the threads on here are crying/I quit, dumb ideas on "improvements", and repeats of previous topics. The other 10% seems to have made it into the game.

Keep up the good work and keep your idiot filters on.
Weekly "State of the Game" post or blog.

I'm going to be very upfront and say that this is probably not feasible, but we could explore the possibility of more or varied types of developer blogs. No promises, though, since that honestly depends on the developers' bandwidth (their priority is first and foremost development). Good food for thought, though.

There might also be a better way for us CMs to highlight the topics we've responded on for the week/month/etc that relate directly to development, since the information we provide is usually coming from the developers in one form or another. It seems like a lot of people simply aren't aware of what we've commented on already, and if that communication isn't really visible I agree that it can make it hard to think we're listening.

Bull!@#$.
Go look at SOE and planetside 2. An mmo. They do friday night ops every week, even during beta.
4 hours of two devs playing the game, talking to outfits and talking about what theyre doing in the game and why. Things like weapons of choice, methods of attack and how they respond to certain threats.
They have been doing this SINCE BETA. And it is not 100% about whats coming in the future or an upcoming patch. SOE opened my eyes to how a company should act and how a company should communicate with their players.
Because we have PROOF they play the same game, they even stream when they're not working and talk to the fans. Even league of legends developers stream while they play, and even use their own gameplay to showcase new champions.
If you really loved this game you would own up to it and prove it.

So I'm going to go ahead and say it again.
I don't think you play the game.
I don't think Jay Wilson plays the game.
I don't think Bashiok plays the game.
Because I have zero proof you do, and I think it takes a player who loves the game, to make a good game.
Edited by GumpTruck#1119 on 12/13/2012 2:57 PM PST
12/13/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
I just wanted hop back in really quickly before I run to another meeting to say that this has been awesome.

Fine but will you reply to my message http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392739689?page=21#406

I want to know where to ask/send such questions as this forum is obviously not the best place to get answer.

Thank you.
12/13/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
again, I'm not asking for game suggestions, but rather suggestions on how you think the community team could serve you better

Keep pestering the devs on their plans/intentions about game development. That's the only part of what you do that is invisible to us. Everything else, like passing our feedback and participating on these forums is clearly visible.

Also, ignore the idiots that jump in a light topic thread to post "cms post in here but they ignore the MOST IMPORTANT stuff??!!" They don't understand that doing that is far better than not posting at all because devs have nothing to say to us.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]