Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

[/quote] If you’re going to assume the worst when there is silence from the CMs then that is on you.

Again, they owe you nothing. The game has been out since May, with updates to it every now and then with the intent of improving it. This shows that they’re constantly working on ways to improve it.

If you don’t like the product, then move on or give quality feedback.

Assuming that they’re all just a bunch of fat cats helps nothing.[/quote]

I'm sorry but they owe me and others the same after sales service we receive from other game companies. Do you do any consuming at all? Do you think that a relationship is complete upon your purchase of said product? If so you'd be great as a buyer, it would be much cheaper to run a company if you just said goodbye to folks after they bought your product. The service and feedback we get from game devs in this day and age goes far beyond just buying the product. Anyone who plays games by other companies knows this.
Edited by evok#1846 on 12/13/2012 3:28 PM PST
Doubtfull this gets replied to by lylirra.

Actually willing to bet it doesn't!

Couple of questions for this post.

Why is there a lack of feedback about future patches but, when there is feedback, it's only ever information that effects the Rmah.

I.e coming changes that will insinuate a certain item/crafting material will be of more use in the coming patch, meaning there is a surge in prices, which will increase the gold Rmah as people want to stock up on them? But yet you won't give more information, except enough to warrant a panic buy (which has happens in the last few drip fed bits of information)

I run a company where PR and marketing are key, I find it totally Insulting, yet I understand why you do this, you aren't prepared to actually reveal more information, but just enough to effect the gold rush and increase your profit (if i tied in the Information leaks with the times of the month, I bet I can link the dots)

2, why ask stupid questions like favourite zones, mobs, clothing etc, when you have the information already on the forums from the countless posts from players, but hoping to bide more time for blizzard to release content and keep the wolves at bay, or every more worrying, getting the feedback Because you dont have a clue what the players want? (we aren't stupid)

3, Diablo 3 was the biggest selling game of the year I believe, over 6 million sales or something.
Now with 96% of those players being on sc, where there is an Rmah which is a revenue maker for blizzard aren't you seeing the bigger picture.

Yes, senior managers will know the figures for the revenue for the Rmah, but realise, if you want a cash cow, why not actually release content that plenty have mentioned that will mean they will spend more on the Rmah, meaning more money for Bliz, meaning more content for players to spend more money etc etc (cycle)

Seriously, blizzard for a company of its size, it disappoints me the the lack of "out side of the box thinking" if you feel they have that,then a lack of implementation is the problem.

Something i tell my staff

Great ideas are only great, when implemented correctly!!
I just wanted hop back in really quickly before I run to another meeting to say that this has been awesome. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping your comments and suggestions civil, constructive, and mostly on point (again, I'm not asking for game suggestions, but rather suggestions on how you think the community team could serve you better).

Lylirra: I've read through a lot of this thread. I have a critical response. So, I want to first of all thank you for the attention you've paid to this thread. Whether it is your job or not, you've put forth a lot of effort responding to a lot of our posts. We may not always like how you respond (I know I don't) but we should appreciate the time you take. I see your name on here a lot. I know the others post as well, but you seem to participate a lot in these discussions. So, a hearty thanks.

That being said, I would state that one way you could improve is to listen to feedback regardless of if it is "on point" or not.

Part of the way people think is to relate one thing to another. Annoying as it is, people bunny trail a lot. Thinking about how community managers could improve will make them start thinking about why CM's exist in the first place. This will get people to start thinking about game marketing and development and QA. This will get them thinking about the game itself and how it could be improved. And, if Diablo 3 were not in dire need of improvement, there wouldn't be so much feedback along these lines. There would still be a lot but not this much in my opinion.

So, please, we know you're working hard, we know you're looking at what we say and have made changes according to it (heck you improved Mammoth Hydra, that's the change I like)...but do this more. Just keep trying, don't give up. You're in a position to truly help us gamers, and since gamers make a game a game rather than just a bunch of code, it is important for all parties concerned that you continue to help us, please.

In the middle of one of my old posts ragging on Blizzard, half-seriously, half-jokingly, I decided to be more serious and more positive for once and offer productive ideas, free of charge, even though I'm not a Blizzard employee (and I need a job badly)...because I love this game series (Diablo) so much.

Here is a quote from that post:

I think a WoW type game only with the style and story of Diablo would be great fun!

Imagine if you play through Diablo 3 and it's future expansion and you think you're all done and then the last clip shows a totally new land with a new set of plot lines for you to deal with ... so it could be like Diablo 3, Diablo 3 expansion, and a title called Sanctuary (which is like a second expansion release right after Diablo 3 expansion). If there are legal issues with the name, maybe something like Diablo: Sanctuary instead.

This would split the game into two modes.. One is story mode which is the main game and its episodic expansions, and then the Sanctuary one could be a 'world' mode or client type experience that is more free roaming and like WoW or other MMORGP's.. this mode/version could be free with advertising or due to the RMAH or would possibly have a monthly charge to maintain the new massive world for us to explore, yay. However, the main titles and expansion episodes (what I called "story mode") would have no monthly charge and would be like things are now. So, you would only need to buy the main game and then up to the expansion you wanted to play if you weren't interested in the MMORPG aspect of Diablo: Sanctuary.

Characters and stash could be shared between modes or they could be kept separate, that's up to Blizzard, but there are benefits to both options. The compromise is to have a transfer operation between the two but that would complicate things and probably should be avoided.

(PvP is fine, although I could do without any non-duel PKing or PKKing... it is fun at first but it gets old quickly and I'd much rather everyone in the game be helping with the quest or item farming rather than just being a nuisance.)

Originally, I was against making a WoW clone, but since that is apparently the direction Blizzard wants to take this game, why not go all the way? Or, why not go even further and do better while keeping with the themes, motifs, the overall wonderful style and story of the Diablo series?

Please tell me if development/design is working on something equivalent to this or if they would like me or anyone else with a similar interest and ideas to work for them in hopes of adding content/storyline/quests etc to a game that said it would have it in large amounts and then ended up having much less than expected.

So, what about my idea? Not just players respond (although what they think is very important), I want to know what you think, what you think developers would think, and finally what developers actually think (after you've taken this idea to them). It is just the beginning of an idea, so I understand it would need a loooot of work but I still think it is the basis of a great idea.

I know this was off topic, as you would suggest, but Lylirra, I originally posted that idea in a previous post a while ago. If there were any response to my idea, I don't know about it.

If Blizzard is going to force us to play online to play Diablo 3 and if they're going to promise all this great content, I think they should deliver with or without our help. We've offered helpful suggestions to improve Diablo 3 in many posts ranging from technical issue advice, to game play issues, to storyline suggestions and how the game may be expanded past its fun yet severely lacking beginning, like in my quoted idea.

How can *you* the CM's do a better job. Well, please ask development for us if they're making more content/storyline/quests and more playability options like what I suggested up above.

Or, like someone else posted, create a gamer/player/customer advocate position...someone that talks with us more, goes into real games with us etc.. If that already exists, have those people do more or hire more of them....

I think as is the case with a lot of things.. there is so much fear of legalities combined with conflicting messages combined with lack of communication... anyway, one of those three can be fixed easily just with more communication...

Ok, enough of my rambling.

If you read this biblically large example of how badly one's writing can deteriorate post college, thanks..

Happy Holidays everyone!
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 12/13/2012 3:53 PM PST
How do you think we could improve?

-add 100 more legendary items, including a lot of normal, nightmare and hell.
-add 20 more sets
-add 15 more unique stats
-add 3 new types of gems
-make white items useful
-make blue items useful
-add super super rare (tradeable) "unique skill learning books"
-allow us to chose where to put stats when we level
-remove capping from everything: mf, runspeed, IAS,...
-allow to go from 1 act to next in-game
-allow for 6 players
-allow us to join mp1-10 games based on a filter.
-remove "unique eqipped"
-remove "account bound"
-add new monster affix

ADD NEW LEGENDARY... LIKE 100 MORE. BALANCE THEM EQUALLY.

for example.

Manticore - 2 sockets, poison damage, att speed, crit damage, dex

how about... Fire wings - 2 sockets, life steal, when the weapon hit a target there is a 30% chance to leave a pool of fire beneath them (THIS DAMAGE SCALES OFF YOUR ACTUAL DAMAGE. NOT LIKE 2K DAMAGE A SECOND COZ THATS F*****G STUPID. IT WILL BE AS !@#$ AS FIRE WALKERS. AND THIS POOL OF FIRE CAN CRIT.), crit damage, att% (no main stat)

or Heavens Fury - 2 sockets, 2k life on hit, bolts of lightning occasionally fall from the sky to deal 5-10% weapon damage (WHICH CAN ALSO CRIT) crit damage, 100 str+vit+dex+int, and finally att speed

man i could come up with hundreds of these. right now there are maybe 15-20 legendarys that sell on AH. there is no match for them. like manticore, every demon hunter who has half a brain will roll with a manticore because its clearly the best.

have some alternatives.

you need at least 5 alternatives to the following:

Manticore
Vile Ward
Chantodos force, Triumvate, tal rasha wizard off hand (whatever its called) however there are a few of these which are viable so you would only have to add 2-3
Tyraels Might
Inna temperance (turn this into a brown legendary with a few different stats (keeping the crit, and attack speed, give it some random rolls as well instead of just one)
Skorn
The Grandfather
Chantodo's will (make a few legendary thats just as good but uniquely different)
Ik chest armor, zunimassa marrow (make a few legendary thats just as good but uniquely different)
Stone of jordan

i watched an interview with jay a long time ago explaining why rares were going to be the best, because the d3 team dont want everyone running around with the same items.

well here is the fix to that. for every godly legendary have 5-10 godly legendarys with similar stats

Your whole post is useless. Firstly, CMs aren't developers. Secondly, they wanna improve the way in which they interact with the community.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Okay, so. How do you think we could improve?

Not sure it's been spelled out before in this vast thread but... I believe what gets people all riled up is this: CM are presented as some sort of Dev Team/Game Users interface but the thing is, even though feedback from the Users might very well (and I have no doubt it is) be transfered to the Dev Team, the same feedback is extremely rare the other way around... Some news about what was presented from the community to the Dev Team and how it was received could be a good start.

Other than that I believe CM do an OK job. (They do have to watch out for Spams and Trolls and such...) But I do miss the blunt realism of Bashiok. I still use the "Aren't you thankful?" cliche IRL (Not many people get it though, lol!)
I wish Blizzard was more open about what is upcoming in the next patch. I always see the excuse "its subject to change" but, why does it need to change so much? And why, if that is the case, can blizzard not simply say "we're working on X right now, we're still trying to see if it's going to work out or if we need to try something different, but this is what's in the ballpark at the moment."

I think Blizzard should learn from Mojang. You can follow their twitter and learn something new they just added to minecraft every single week. In diablo's case, we can go months and see no new information what so ever. Mojang also puts themselves in a unique position to incorporate player feedback before working themselves to the bone to finish something that a lot of players wont like. Blizzard on the other hand waits until well after the new system is finished, and a week before the patch goes live we here about it. It's easy to see how some people think you ignore player feedback when you don't give them a chance to even give you any before making changes.

I know blizzard has a history of incorporating player feedback into diablo 3, but being that most of this is after a problem has arisen rather than preventing one from occurring, it makes it much more difficult to accommodate consumer concerns since things are hard-coded into the game by the time you find out people are unhappy.
Edited by Thallon#1665 on 12/13/2012 4:10 PM PST

With no intention to offend.

The answer is really easy and it might be harsh to read.

The whole D3 developkent team should QUIT.

And bring back the whole Blizzard north team now exhiled from the game came back and try to fix this awefull game now that you guys are developing the expansion.

Expansion should fix A LOT of whats wrong with Diablo 3. You guys cant take the risi of another huge failure.

No one was exiled from Blizzard, and just about everyone who worked on Diablo 2 is now working at other companies.

I wish Blizzard was more open about what is upcoming in the next patch. I always see the excuse "its subject to change" but, why does it need to change so much? And why, if that is the case, can blizzard not simply say "we're working on X right now, we're still trying to see if it's going to work out or if we need to try something different, but this is what's in the ballpark at the moment."

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, so it really doesn't matter does it? If they say they are working on something and then have to push it back, you will just bawl your eyes out over that, instead of crying over there being a "lack of information" (which there really isn't, you just aren't paying attention).
Edited by omgitsbees#1996 on 12/13/2012 4:17 PM PST

I know of one way you could prove once and for all that player feedback is important. You could take a page from a recently shut down game called City of Heroes Freedom. They had a sticky that listed all of the changes that were made due to player feedback. This way when someone said that the devs do not listen to us. Others could point them to the sticky and prove otherwise. It also encouraged others to make more suggestions, hoping that their ideas would be good enough to make it into the game and in the sticky.

Even though I knew that the devs of that game listened and made changes based on player feedback. It gives a visual evidence that is hard to deny. When you see that Blizz added in paragon levels that was similar to a suggestion in thread x. Then players have something to see that shows them our feedback is important.

Umm ya what part of "a recently shut down game called City of Heroes Freedom." went over this guys head. How did that work for them btw? I guess if Blizzard put all the moronic suggestions we see in this forum into the game we could be "A recently shut down game" also. Then this guy could be very happy along with the rest of you senseless whiners.

The devs did not implement every suggestion on the forums. No game would ever do that. But what they did implement that was good was put into a sticky, that sticky contained every change that came from a player's suggestion. Take enhancement diversification, it came from a suggestion of a player and that was in the thread as well. There were even some really cool costume suggestions, quality of life suggestions. along with a ton of other suggestion that actually made the game better.

Also FYI, that game was the most active game that they shut down. It survived losing one third of it's player base to WoW, when WoW launched. It was the first superhero MMO. Also it went for more than eight years before it was shut down. All of the other games that NCsoft shut down, most of the others were their own games, did not even last three years, and one of them did not even make one year.

The thread that I am talking about for this forum does not mean that the devs of this game has to implement every suggestion that is made here. But what they would do is post a long thread showing all of the changes that made it into the game that was either inspired by someone here or they took it directly from here.

Take paragon levels that was a suggestion that was made here on the forums, but it was called something else. The part of the post detailing it would be something like this.

Paragon Levels: We got that idea from this thread <insert link>. Or they could even tell the players the general ideas that Paragon levels sprang from here on the forums.

Let's say you have a game where the devs really made some great changes that makes the game more fun that it was at launch. Then they decide to take some of your suggestions and put them in a special thread showing the other players that some of those changes came from your suggestions. Would you like that, knowing that your comments have helped make the game in question more fun than ever before? I know I would like that.

Besides players have to come to the forums and try to make the game better, you might call it whining if you wish. But some are real issues. Okay then Blizz here is what to do with RD for your case and yours alone triple the damage from RD let his characters keep killing himself due to triple the damage. There are real issues here with real suggestions on how to solve them. If we did not say a word this game would be as bad as it was when it launched.

Like I said before just having a thread that details the fact that some of the changes in the were inspired by their players that would be a sticky. Would be a visual proof that would not be able to be denied. No one could say that Blizz is not listening.

I know why you would not want it. You do not want no proof here on the forums because you want to be one of the ones starting threads saying that Blizz does not listen to us. You would not want that because if it existed then others would just point you to the sticky.
12/13/2012 03:57 PMPosted by ChainSmoker
Okay, so. How do you think we could improve?

Not sure it's been spelled out before in this vast thread but... I believe what gets people all riled up is this: CM are presented as some sort of Dev Team/Game Users interface but the thing is, even though feedback from the Users might very well (and I have no doubt it is) be transfered to the Dev Team, the same feedback is extremely rare the other way around... Some news about what was presented from the community to the Dev Team and how it was received could be a good start.

Other than that I believe CM do an OK job. (They do have to watch out for Spams and Trolls and such...) But I do miss the blunt realism of Bashiok. I still use the "Aren't you thankful?" cliche IRL (Not many people get it though, lol!)

Have you not been paying attention to the patch notes? Like at all? Almost all of the changes made since launch have come from community feedback. Blizzard has told you what they are doing through the patches. If you choose not to pay attention, that is your problem not theirs.
What way too many of you fail to understand is that your voice is in a sea of millions of other voices all wanting to be heard. Blizzard cannot take down every single suggestion and they are not going to agree that all suggestions are unique snowflakes that deserve to be implemented into the game right this instant. I know most of you would like think this, but that's not reality, and maybe video games are not for you if you get this mad over it.

I think CMs are doing fine - in fact, they're excellent. I think they understand and convey information to devs.

However, the real problem lies with the development team themselves. Honestly, I think they either lack talent like there is no tomorrow, or just don't care about the reputation that is created for blizzard.
WHy do I say that? People have given so so so so many good suggestions for God knows how long and they improve the game at a turtle's pace. I know its "their" game and we can't tell them to change it overnight, but man, you guys haven't done things that an infant could think of?

For example? It took me 1 minute to write this, and its not even at par with what amazing suggestions others have given:

-add 100 more legendary items, including a lot of normal, nightmare and hell.
-add 20 more sets
-add 15 more unique stats
-add 3 new types of gems
-make white items useful
-make blue items useful
-add super super rare (tradeable) "unique skill learning books"
-allow us to chose where to put stats when we level
-remove capping from everything: mf, runspeed, IAS,...
-allow to go from 1 act to next in-game
-allow for 6 players
-allow us to join mp1-10 games based on a filter.
-remove "unique eqipped"
-remove "account bound"
-add new monster affix

Why, for the love of diablo, do we have so few legendary items? I am totally fine with the drop rate, but why is there NO diversity at all? WHat about such small number of skills and stats? How could the devs be satisfied with such limited amount of abilities?

THe ONLY thing that this game improved upon from D2 is the Auction House. We all knew that people were going to trade items for money through 3rd party sites; so they gave us a an excellent AH. It is a sad state of affairs when the AH is better than the actual game.

Also ask the devs how could they possibly not find a good writing team for diablo 3 story? Ask anyone in these forums and they will tell you that D2 story is 100x better. How could blizzard let that happen?

Tell the development team to quit, honestly, and ask Mike Morhaime to find a new team.

I will continue to play this game every now and then, hoping for improvements, but I unfortunately have lost that "blind trust" in blizzard - thanks to the diablo 3 development team.

This guy said it all for me. Their are a few ideas that I didnt like but it would be better than whats in place now.

The story actually sucks, I would love to take the time to read or watch a video during gameplay that shows the story of diablo 3. I have played guild wars 2 and I stopped to watched animations and read as I continued my storyline.
Edited by Grimlek#1303 on 12/13/2012 4:25 PM PST

This guy said it all for me. Their are a few ideas that I didnt like but it would be better than whats in place now.

Way to not in anyway shape or form read the thread. Like, you seriously couldn't even read the first few blue posts to get an idea of what this thread was really about? Really? This goes to the other person who randomly posted gameplay change idea's, good going. That is not what this thread is about at all.
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Rhialto
I want to know where to ask/send such questions as this forum is obviously not the best place to get answer.

There is no such place. There cannot be, because there's no way anybody could handle the sheer volume of questions they would receive. And for some reason, people just fundamentally don't seem to understand that. There are millions of us, and only a few of them. A whole team could spend their entire waking hours trying to respond to all the questions, and still not have a chance of keeping up. That's why the ticket creation process tries to divert people to existing knowledge base articles, and several options lead to "We are unable to accept requests for this type of issue." They simply cannot handle the volume.

They need some way to filter and combine communication. We need some way to have reasonable dialogue between a handful of people and several million, and we don't have that yet. People don't even use the tools we already have -- people barely seem to use the post rating system on this forum, and instead waste space with pointless "+1" posts, spamming, bumping, and trolling. They don't use the search nearly enough, instead opting to create their own threads needlessly on existing topics. We need some way to get the noise down so the signal can be heard. We need a way to condense the desires and opinions of the playerbase down into something succinct that can be transmitted to the developers, rather than just throwing more and more at them. When everyone's shouting over each other, trying to be heard, it just makes it so that nobody can be.

The only solution is better collaboration tools.

Way to not in anyway shape or form read the thread. Like, you seriously couldn't even read the first few blue posts to get an idea of what this thread was really about? Really? This goes to the other person who randomly posted gameplay change idea's, good going. That is not what this thread is about at all.

I agree but blizzard needs to know that they are drastically hurting their reputation by not responding to their customers and applying effort that even a beginning game developer will know and understand.
Whether or not our voice is in a sea of millions of others screaming to be heard, there is 1 fundamental thing that not only the CM's need to understand, but the community does as well. I'm just going to re-post something I posted last night as I don't feel like typing it out again:

One of the primary things I need to do with my job is communicate with the public. Whether I like them or not, or whether I have the answer or not, they still want to hear something, and rightfully so, they are paying my salary, so I in fact do owe them.

I don't always have the answer on hand, in fact, about 75% of the time I don't have an answer readily available, but what do I have is the ability to go find it and report back. Whether it's something they want to hear or not; either way I report back.

There is a certain avenue of respect when someone comes to you for knowledge seeking your expertise, then there is a whole other avenue when someone pays your salary and they expect some answers.

The moral of the story is, listen to the players primary concerns and address them, report to them. If you don't have an answer, find out and report back. If you still don't have an answer, just tell us, be honest. Like if the devs really don't know what direction they want to go in with a particular issue, tell us. If anything we can start bouncing ideas off you to take back to the devs.

Never believe that your too big to fail, because once the money stops coming in, you fail. If you drive enough players away, believe me, they won't come back, no matter what expansion you bring in or what additional games are made, your players will not forget.
Suggestion

This thread is so long this might fall on deaf ears, but none the less ere it goes.

Two handed monks are rare as it is. I play one on HC and I wanted to know why do 2h monks attack slow and generate only 6,6,7,8 spirit per generator when clearly it needs to get buffed.

I know guardians path is the passive that increases spirit generated when using 2h weapons but I know guardians path needs to be an innate passive as it it should be given for free.

TL;DR Guardians path needs to be removed and given to all monks and activated when using 2handed weapons to equal the spirit generated by 1handed weapons
The #1 problem is, right now, that we have NO CLUE what is being done to make this game any better then it is now.

Sure, we had Jay Wilson troll us with some PvP info, but that honestly now just feels like he was intentionally stringing the carrot so to speak, to buy the team another few weeks before they had to give us ANY information about ANYTHING AT ALL.

Honestly, it's been almost 2 months since we had ANY INFORMATION from the dev team about what is actually being done to FIX THIS GAME! I've logged over 1,000 hours on this game, and now I've turned to hardcore because the fact of the matter is, there simply isn't enough content to keep me entertained.

Diablo 2 kept me entertained for YEARS. No, I'm not being delusional either. I'm pretty sure I remember playing and loving every minute of Diablo 2 for at least 7 years. D3 on the other hand, after 6 months I'm struggling to figure out what the hell I'm even playing for anymore. The sad part is, it's been like that for at least the last 2 months. Sure, paragon levels and better legendaries were nice... but the fact remains that legendaries SHOULD of been that good to begin with!

Let's take a look at some of the things you could be doing at any given time while playing Diablo 2:

1. Ironman
2. Forge rushing
3. Crafting (that actually matters)
4. Dueling (PVP?!?!?)
5. Cow runs
6. Meph / Pindle / Countess
7. Ironman HC Challenge
8. HC Ironman Deathmatch
9. Baal runs
10. Pit Runs
11. SOCKET QUEST alt levelling
12. Uber Tristram
13. Organ Hunting
14. D-Clone hunting
15. Farming SoJ's

I think I'll stop here because the point is pretty clear... Let's compare what we have to do in D3:

1. Runs. Whether it's MF / Paragon / GF... they are all the same. Act 3, Alkaizer... it's really the only efficient run in the game.

2. Hellfire Ring...? Cool. Except a huge portion of the community can't even do this efficiently because of how your drop rates work. Can't run high MP? Too bad, you'll be stuck farming for the parts on low MP which has horribly skewed rates because the RNG system is bad. But wait, for only $49.99 you can gear up on the RMAH and run MP8+ no problem!

3. Troll the AH... This is a game in and of itself.

-----------------

My point is... There simply isn't enough content in this game to keep people interested. Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've lost about 8 good online friends that are 80+ paragon because the game becomes more of a chore then anything else. There's NOTHING interesting to do other than the same old "RUNS".

We need some flavor. More importantly, and to the point of this topic's subject:

WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS BEING DONE TO THIS GAME TO GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO KEEP PLAYING

Lack of communication is killing this game more then anything else. It's been 2 months and not a SINGLE post has been made about the direction of the game. I hate to draw comparisons, but PoE dev's make posts 2-3 times PER WEEK about what they've been doing, and what they plan on doing to improve the game. I don't even really care for the game because it just doesn't have the same type of polished, smooth gameplay that Diablo 3 does.

This game truly has the POTENTIAL to be a great game... but in it's current state, it's really a sinking ship.

To answer your question, Lylirra...

All we really need is to know WHAT IS GOING ON!?!??!?!

You want to know why people got so upset about the 1.06 patch? It's not because it didn't give us another act or a brand new character class... it's because another patch went by without a peep of information of things to come. The patch notes were depressing to read, honestly.

2 months and NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID.

Why is it so "hush-hush" about what's to come for this game? Is losing another 25% of your playerbase REALLY worth keeping a secret over?

A little communication goes a LONG WAY!

^^ this.. 1000 times this..
Lylirra,

First, I think you should tell the people the responsibilities of CM. Any unrelated topic that is out of your control can be discuss with the appropriate party. This will save a lot of time and headaches for the community and you.

Secondly, I agree with you to some extent, blizzard did take out invuln elites, enrage timer, buff legendary, and etc... You can never satisfy everyone and those who actually spend more time complaining than playing should be ignore. Those with legit questions and concern can use an occasional updates.

How can you improve or better yet improve Diablo 3.

I only see one problem with Diablo 3 and that is the insignificant reward for higher MP LVL. I have friends on Para 80-100, I'm 96, and we only farm MP 9-10. When introduce to the MP system, I was under the impression higher LVL will yield better results. This isn't true at all which is sad because a lot of people work so hard to level up their paragon. IMO, rewards for higher MP needs to be fix and NO I'm not asking for 15 godly legend a day. Something reasonable at which the community should be allow to participate in the discussion. For example, give legends a standard roll of medicore to great in high MP fixating on how much magic find and Paragon the individual have. Will that's my 2 cents.
Edited by sNAz#1749 on 12/13/2012 5:33 PM PST
The #1 problem is, right now, that we have NO CLUE what is being done to make this game any better then it is now.Sure, we had Jay Wilson troll us with some PvP info, but that honestly now just feels like he was intentionally stringing the carrot so to speak, to buy the team another few weeks before they had to give us ANY information about ANYTHING AT ALL.Honestly, it's been almost 2 months since we had ANY INFORMATION from the dev team about what is actually being done to FIX THIS GAME! I've logged over 1,000 hours on this game, and now I've turned to hardcore because the fact of the matter is, there simply isn't enough content to keep me entertained.Diablo 2 kept me entertained for YEARS. No, I'm not being delusional either. I'm pretty sure I remember playing and loving every minute of Diablo 2 for at least 7 years. D3 on the other hand, after 6 months I'm struggling to figure out what the hell I'm even playing for anymore. The sad part is, it's been like that for at least the last 2 months. Sure, paragon levels and better legendaries were nice... but the fact remains that legendaries SHOULD of been that good to begin with!Let's take a look at some of the things you could be doing at any given time while playing Diablo 2:1. Ironman2. Forge rushing3. Crafting (that actually matters)4. Dueling (PVP?!?!?)5. Cow runs6. Meph / Pindle / Countess7. Ironman HC Challenge8. HC Ironman Deathmatch9. Baal runs10. Pit Runs11. SOCKET QUEST alt levelling12. Uber Tristram13. Organ Hunting14. D-Clone hunting15. Farming SoJ'sI think I'll stop here because the point is pretty clear... Let's compare what we have to do in D3:1. Runs. Whether it's MF / Paragon / GF... they are all the same. Act 3, Alkaizer... it's really the only efficient run in the game.2. Hellfire Ring...? Cool. Except a huge portion of the community can't even do this efficiently because of how your drop rates work. Can't run high MP? Too bad, you'll be stuck farming for the parts on low MP which has horribly skewed rates because the RNG system is bad. But wait, for only $49.99 you can gear up on the RMAH and run MP8+ no problem!3. Troll the AH... This is a game in and of itself.-----------------My point is... There simply isn't enough content in this game to keep people interested. Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've lost about 8 good online friends that are 80+ paragon because the game becomes more of a chore then anything else. There's NOTHING interesting to do other than the same old "RUNS".We need some flavor. More importantly, and to the point of this topic's subject:WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS BEING DONE TO THIS GAME TO GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO KEEP PLAYINGLack of communication is killing this game more then anything else. It's been 2 months and not a SINGLE post has been made about the direction of the game. I hate to draw comparisons, but PoE dev's make posts 2-3 times PER WEEK about what they've been doing, and what they plan on doing to improve the game. I don't even really care for the game because it just doesn't have the same type of polished, smooth gameplay that Diablo 3 does.This game truly has the POTENTIAL to be a great game... but in it's current state, it's really a sinking ship.To answer your question, Lylirra...All we really need is to know WHAT IS GOING ON!?!??!?!You want to know why people got so upset about the 1.06 patch? It's not because it didn't give us another act or a brand new character class... it's because another patch went by without a peep of information of things to come. The patch notes were depressing to read, honestly.2 months and NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID.Why is it so "hush-hush" about what's to come for this game? Is losing another 25% of your playerbase REALLY worth keeping a secret over?A little communication goes a LONG WAY!

Please some details blizzard will not only help restore some of your fallen reputation but as well boost the momentum of your fans
How about the CMs stream some gameplay with a random Developer and answer viewer questions every so often or just give commentary?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]