Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

Wow! It is kinda sad when the CM asked for ideas on improving their service, there're tons of replies and almost each and every post are huge chunks of text.
If the CM is abit on the depression side like I was, they may not even get back up.

We can help them improve too, lets start by summarizing the key points since reading the entire thread might take ages depending on the reading speed.
U guys should look at the polls, and realize that some environments are lacking. There are a lot of places I hate, like All of act 4(mainly because of the lack of elites there) But then there are many other environments I hate, like when you're actually playing through act 2, the vault places get repetitive and annoying. I suggest you make the maps less goofy. Look at the Halls of agony, weird long hallways that look kinda stupid, make it more like the catacombs in D2 with tons of rooms all over, not a long bunch of long narrow hallways with empty space!

Oh and definitely bring Mephisto back in an expansion, he is the coolest of the Prime Evils :P Also, we need identify all!
Edited by Onslaught#1903 on 12/13/2012 6:12 PM PST
Start by reading all the critiques made by players since release. And there are TONS of them.

I get the feeling you guys are ONLY searching for positive feedback and ignoring the rest

This perception actually really confuses me given how many changes we've made to the game based on player feedback and criticisms, and how frequently we actually say that we're listening.

Here are a few quick examples that I can recall from memory:

There's also changes made to drop rates, Legendary items, reducing repair costs, reducing the challenge gap between monster types, removing Invulnerable Minions, removing enrage timers, revising CC, improving resource spenders, improving how item affixes roll, adding Paragon, adding new shrines, giving more benefit to in-game events and Resplendent Chests, AH features, and more.

Given that, I don't understand why so many players say that we aren't taking player feedback into consideration. Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?

I dunno, the fact that you're obviously ignoring everything everyone wants you to address is honestly infuriating. You guys do seem to try and do everything you can to pussyfoot or dance around the items issue. The items, as they currently are, are not ok. The drop rates aren't ok and the usability of the items is incredibly poor. You guys 100% know this is the topic everyone wants you to touch on, but you avoid it like the plague.
Solid job engaging this community, Lylirra. You have the patience of a saint.
12/12/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
Weekly "State of the Game" post or blog.

I'm going to be very upfront and say that this is probably not feasible, but we could explore the possibility of more or varied types of developer blogs. No promises, though, since that honestly depends on the developers' bandwidth (their priority is first and foremost development). Good food for thought, though.

There might also be a better way for us CMs to highlight the topics we've responded on for the week/month/etc that relate directly to development, since the information we provide is usually coming from the developers in one form or another. It seems like a lot of people simply aren't aware of what we've commented on already, and if that communication isn't really visible I agree that it can make it hard to think we're listening.

Why is this not feasible? League of Legends has a drastically bigger, and more popular game than you and gives us at least five times the content that was asked for in this thread. I honestly don't feel this is an acceptable answer, and I don't think you should feel pleased to even type that response :\
12/12/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Snipin
How do you think we could improve?

higher ups in d3 management need to give out more news about the game, we like answers to lots if not all our questions, and that may seem tedious and counter productive but hey a king is nothing without his people.
I'm sorry but they owe me and others the same after sales service we receive from other game companies. Do you do any consuming at all? Do you think that a relationship is complete upon your purchase of said product? If so you'd be great as a buyer, it would be much cheaper to run a company if you just said goodbye to folks after they bought your product. The service and feedback we get from game devs in this day and age goes far beyond just buying the product. Anyone who plays games by other companies knows this.

I'd like to know which non-mmo game has added as much free content as D3 after only 7 months.

fyi, lots of software have only 90 days free support. After that you have to pay for it.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 12/13/2012 6:35 PM PST
allow for hardcore offline mode

im more worried about disconnect then that molten/reflect/minion pack

I was thinking about this.. it dosnt have to be offline per-say, like some games out there have you log in, to i assume make sure your not hacking or such and then everything else is loaded client side on there computer, i know this can alow for moding and other such things.. but preheaps blizzard can look into a system that lets you log in load your toons start your games up and and have everything run client side, there could still be a blizzard login or launcher running in the background to monitor any programs or mods that might change the game your playing, i guess in a sence the blizzard login or launcher would be like a nanny program making sure you not hacking or cheating, but when your playing its not running off your latency and internet connection. Where i live im only able to get wireless internet, its holds a fine connection to do most things on but sometimes its dodgy for gaming or if signal drops too low that it can only pass small amounts of data, i guess the idea is to have the "nanny program" just monitor your game play so you can hack or cheat but also no need a good connection to play... i know there are people world wide that have problems such as mine do to tech not beening up to date in some areas...
allow for hardcore offline mode

im more worried about disconnect then that molten/reflect/minion pack

I was thinking about this.. it dosnt have to be offline per-say, like some games out there have you log in, to i assume make sure your not hacking or such and then everything else is loaded client side on there computer, i know this can alow for moding and other such things..

You guys asking for offline mode need to give it a rest already. This game can never be offline.
First post ever, figure since ppl say blues don't post i figured i should loose my virginity on the thread with the Most.....blue posts!
12/12/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
memes
What, so when YOU participate in a meme, thats all fun and games, but when I post a meme, you ban me for it?

Yeah. Thats totally fair.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Okay, so. How do you think we could improve?

How is it that you don't know the general sense of how to improve the game? There have been dozens or even hundreds of productive, thoughtful posts on how to fix the end-game already. I am honestly baffled. I have written many such posts already.

How is it that you don't know the general sense of how to improve the game? There have been dozens or even hundreds of productive, thoughtful posts on how to fix the end-game already. I am honestly baffled. I have written many such posts already.

They are asking for improvement as Community Manager, not as a game developer. =.=

Read, if you want them to read yours.
The problem is that the game is rotten at its core. No matter the amount of "fixes" you will make, it will still be rotten. There are many ways to make Diablo 3 a good game, but Blizzard s way too self-entitled to even listen to its community. It's !@#$ing simple really, Jay must be one of the worst designers if he can't even get a hack'n'slash right.

- Randomization of levels
- Low level set and legendaries
- Set items that actually drop
- Either no follower at all or buff them a lot because they do NOTHING
- Elemental damage
- etc.

To be honest I don't feel like doing your job. All the patches so far made me realize this game looks to be in beta stage yet. All the changes, the decisions, they should have been made BEFORE releasing the product. Blizzard North would have fired all of you in the early 2000s, but I guess now you get a free pass since so much changed in this company. Even the CMs are clueless.
I'd like to know which non-mmo game has added as much free content as D3 after only 7 months.

fyi, lots of software have only 90 days free support. After that you have to pay for it.

Pretty much any PC multiplayer game.

This ain't consoles-- PC games live and die by their support post-launch.
Wow! It is kinda sad when the CM asked for ideas on improving their service, there're tons of replies and almost each and every post are huge chunks of text.
If the CM is abit on the depression side like I was, they may not even get back up.

We can help them improve too, lets start by summarizing the key points since reading the entire thread might take ages depending on the reading speed.

It's easy to summarize:

1) Communicate more.

2) Communicate more with the players.

3) Communicate more about what Blizzard is doing.

4) Communicate more about where the game is heading.

5) All of the above.
I do feel like the blue posts in general are few and far between. As an active reader of the League of Legends forums, I find those much more vibrant, and frankly, enjoyable. There have been "tough" threads here and again, but I feel like they have vastly increased the content which the game has to offer, stating what changes they are considering and giving teasers about upcoming champions/content etc. Alternatively, many individuals feel as though Diablo has become stagnant, even with the changes which have been implemented.

I think that connecting with the community in all facets is important, whether it's posting on a thread about cats or whether it's actively providing information relating to the direction in which the game is heading. I also understand that the developers/programmers are busy, but are community managers the only conduit through which we can communicate? My retort to this is more transparency, not in terms of "promises" about when something is released, but what actually is going on "behind the scenes." The most frustrating part for me when I read these forums is I never know what's actually being looked at/considered by the development team. They seem quite unreachable, and I feel that that's a tad disappointing. I have enjoyed the game, and I have also enjoyed the changes implemented, but feeling so in the dark is difficult some days.

And my one suggestion would be to increase for the potential of a legendary or set piece drop (based on time played in Inferno) to help combat those "dry spells" that we all have encountered with the RNG. Knowing that the more you play, you could be "guaranteed" a drop instead of playing for five/ten/fifteen or more hours and becoming frustrated. (I.e., increase the percentage for a legendary/set drop during a "dry spell" by 2% every hour you have not received a legendary/set item after 10 hours or something, which would then reset upon the drop occurring.)
I must say that this thread has grown so long that i'm not sure this community addition has been thought of. But how about something that searches for related "Already posted" topics before submitting.

A list of topics with the same keywords which allows you to see if there are already topics ongoing about what you want to post and also an ability to see if this has or has not been reviewed by the CM's.

I'd love to continue in someone else's thread instead of making a new one. But going through the giant wall of text in order to find anything relating to what i have in mind or plan to share is nearly impossible with the ammount of topics on these forums.
Edited by Thrizian#2829 on 12/13/2012 8:36 PM PST
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Okay, so. How do you think we could improve?

1. Please do weekly updates to issues surrounding PVP. (other less represented companies do more than that even). And explain why Hostile button was removed when so many people wanted it? have a Option like Normal, Hardcore, PVP, and PVP hardcore in PVP players would be able to go hostile at any moment a true free for all. This gives players the option to choose what they want...

2. Diablo "Should" have entirely randomly generated levels...

3. Develop a "endless dungeon" one that literally has no end (or does it?) with each level harder than the next. levels 1-10 would be like MP 1-10, from there even the best geared LEET players will be getting their butts handed to them. (this will encourage build diversity again give tanks a purpose)

thats all most players really want thats the big issues...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]