Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

STOP talking about random BS
DO something with the game because the community has been so loyal to the game and yet you backstab us like this.

In the end, stop with the BS and please do something to satisfy your community. Diablo can be a great game, it seems like you blues dont give a crap.

With no intention to offend.

The answer is really easy and it might be harsh to read.

The whole D3 developkent team should QUIT.

And bring back the whole Blizzard north team now exhiled from the game came back and try to fix this awefull game now that you guys are developing the expansion.

Expansion should fix A LOT of whats wrong with Diablo 3. You guys cant take the risi of another huge failure.
View profile

Answer more about games feature, Let say "reduce range / melee damage" affix . I cant find any blue to explain any.... what is range and what is melee....you should be the one clearly know all about it

Explain more in item drop. Can it be just simple roll a dice? I have read tons of post about "control drop" and may person defense blizzard with "lack of evidence". Personally i dont believe blizzard control that. Can Blizzard rep come out and officially make a declare that blizzard did nothing and all item drop is just a dice roll and RNG as everyone expected?

If yes i think nobody will argue it again as such misstatement can lead to serious legal claim.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 12/12/2012 7:43 PM PST

please throw more stuff at bashiok :D
I'd like to hear something from the Dev's about PVP, I figure it be out by now.....

Start by reading all the critiques made by players since release. And there are TONS of them.

I get the feeling you guys are ONLY searching for positive feedback and ignoring the rest.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 12/12/2012 7:48 PM PST
The only one thing I request, is a little more transparency with the game. Feedback with the community will go along way with gamers and fans of this franchise.

I also get the impression that there is so much 'red tape' or hoops to jump through in taking in user ideas and conveying them to the devs etc.
Community Manager
to all the blues:
stop talking about your cats and just focus on the development of the game...otherwise do not post anything..we don't care if your cat dies or how bad u are in diablo3..

thanks

We're going to engage with players on a variety of topics, and some of those topics will have a more casual focus -- like sharing personal experiences, participating in forum games or memes, or even showing support for awesome fan creations. The official forums are here to provide players with a place to discuss Diablo III with each other, and our primary goal is to foster that connection. We also want to provide you with information from the development team whenever possible, but that kind of communication is always going to coexist with the more lighthearted stuff. (They're not mutually exclusive.)

So, if your primary feedback is "don't post about anything except what I want to hear about," then may not be able to see eye-to-eye on this particular topic. Maybe there are other ways you feel we could improve that take into account the fact we're here to do more than just talk about mechanics?

12/12/2012 07:15 PMPosted by MasterJay
You're seriously going to enable someone who wants to report you? Now that makes me disappointed - lock this attention troll's thread and move on..

There are certainly official channels that players can use to provide feedback about CM interactions (emailing wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com, for one), but I'm not sure very many people have or will take advantage of it. I'd sincerely like to know how the community feels their CMs could serve them better, and this may also be a good opportunity for me to provide more insight in what the role of a CM is (and/or clear up some misconceptions about what it isn't).

I might crash and burn, but I think it's worth the risk if it means positive change can come as a result. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 12/12/2012 8:13 PM PST
to all the blues:
stop talking about your cats and just focus on the development of the game...otherwise do not post anything..we don't care if your cat dies or how bad u are in diablo3..

thanks

We're going to engage with players on a variety of topics, and some of those topics will have a more casual focus -- like sharing personal experiences, participating in forum games or memes, or even showing support for awesome fan creations. The official forums are here to provide players with a place to discuss Diablo III with each other, and our primary goal is to foster that connection. We also want to provide you with information from the development team whenever possible, of course, but that kind of communication is always going to coexist with the more lighthearted stuff. (They're not mutually exclusive.)

So, if your primary feedback is "don't post about anything except what I want to hear about," then may not be able to see eye-to-eye on this particular topic. Maybe there are other ways you feel we could improve that take into account the fact we're here to do more than just talk about mechanics?

You're seriously going to enable someone who wants to report you? Now that makes me disappointed - lock this attention troll's thread and move on..

There are certainly official channels that players can use to provide feedback about CM interactions (emailing wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com, for one), but I'm not sure very many people have or will take advantage of it. I'd sincerely like to know how the community feels their CMs could serve them better, and this may also be a good opportunity for me to provide more insight in what the role of a CM is (and/or clear up some misconceptions about what it isn't).

I might crash and burn, but I think it's worth the risk if it means positive change can come as a result. :)

I thank you for reading the General things we all can agree on is the lack of knowledge of whats going on whats being done we want more info!!!!!

I think we can all agree on if we have more knowledge about whats being done we would be abit happier not everyone just some

We would also like to see our idea's and opinions taken seriously and given some thought by the Dev team and the CM's Grant it you will ALWAYS be under fire as they say you cant please everyone but the majority that you do gain the respect of will raise a voice for you and become your shield as they say
Edited by remix005#1736 on 12/12/2012 7:58 PM PST
There is a high level of uncertainty among the player regarding the direction of the game as a whole, and we see less posts from you guys addressing that. All players want is an assurance that there will be improvements despite the flaws we've seen in months

Dont get us wrong; we still enjoy your posts regarding cats and dogs but the community has high expectations when a blue post something in a forum
View profile
The game wasn't a total failure. Me and a few friends have played since release (I've played since beta), and there are still people who play. I know Twitch.tv is no valid source, but there are alot of active viewers for D3, which shows there is still a fanbase.

But when you look at these forums, it's pretty pathetic.

Blue posts lately only comment about personal things like what's your favorite voice in the game, or what's your favorite legendary. At the end of the day, these are counterproductive to the main problem of the game, which is the game.

At the same time, we see them comment publicly about how certain people get banned or punished for bad mouthing against someone. Not only does this remind me of the public executions of the medieval ages, but it's also sad how Blizzard needs to make public showings of this sort of stuff to keep the community under control, and out of the negative, even though there's no PRODUCTIVE positivity going on. (Oh and btw, in case Lyrila you haven't read the forum terms of use, you're not allowed to speak about an account action on the forums. How can I report you?)

Somehow these threads are posted on the front page, or even the first comment, by the blues. How is that you guys are able to so closely follow these guys, but not pay attention to any of the real gameplay questions and comments that are helpful, legitimate, and logical?

This is actually more frustrating than when there were no blue posts at all for a couple of weeks because the previous ones got fired. Back then we thought you guys gave up. Now it makes it look like you guys want to pretend this pile of crap is a gourmet chocolate sundae.

(before anyone asks, im not the guy who got banned by Lyrila. I'm just voicing my opinion about it. i wouldn't be surprised if i got this thread locked, deleted, or if i got suspended on forums for this. bigger loss for big blizz. im one of the last productive posters on these forums, and i might just quit even though i've been playing since beta.)

They do not comment much due to the following reasons.

1. At times their post even though well meaning have actually derailed a good discussion going on, and it turned into a flame war. That is because a troll comes along and takes their post and shreds it to pieces.

They do not want to take that chance of derailing a good discussion. They are watching and know of the real concerns that the players have and take them to the devs on a regular basis even though you do not see them post.

2. At times they do not have any information to share with us. The information they might have on a subject would not be set into stone. But it could be taken out of context if what is in their post changes or is never implemented. Where something different is implemented instead.

3. Also they have not really been treated nice by the community at large. It seems that this forum is under the control of trolls. Where if you do not immediately pat the back of the OP that the majority of the forum goers agree with you are jumped on and your post is torn to shreds. If you give out the same kind of treatment that you want to receive will go a long way and go well with you.
View profile
to all the blues:

thanks

We're going to engage with players on a variety of topics, and some of those topics will have a more casual focus -- like sharing personal experiences, participating in forum games or memes, or even showing support for awesome fan creations. The official forums are here to provide players with a place to discuss Diablo III with each other, and our primary goal is to foster that connection. We also want to provide you with information from the development team whenever possible, of course, but that kind of communication is always going to coexist with the more lighthearted stuff. (They're not mutually exclusive.)

I would say that all CMs do a far better job than I would handling all of the players posting here. I would not be a lenient, or go by the spirit of the law as much as some of you and the other CMs have. You have learned how to tolerate more than I could ever do, so kudos to you.
View profile
to all the blues:

thanks

You guys actually have been doing a good job recently especially when it comes to forum moderation. Threads are now being redirected to where they are actually meant to be and more moderation in the class forums. I think most people me including are just frustrated with the lack of updates or mentions on what the dev team is doing.

The only updates we've gotten on the future of the game have been from Jay's twitter posts. I think you can understand why people are frustrated, it was intimated that PVP would be released sometime this year this does not seem possible anymore and what ensues is the current state of the forums with people asking about PvP every other post. I personally would like to know what 1.0.7 will contain (just a hint) or at the very least if we will be getting a dev blog on that patch. Some people seem to think it will be a class balance patch, not sure how true this is.
Community Manager
Start by reading all the critiques made by players since release. And there are TONS of them.

I get the feeling you guys are ONLY searching for positive feedback and ignoring the rest

This perception actually really confuses me given how many changes we've made to the game based on player feedback and criticisms, and how frequently we actually say that we're listening.

Here are a few quick examples that I can recall from memory:

There's also changes made to drop rates, Legendary items, reducing repair costs, reducing the challenge gap between monster types, removing Invulnerable Minions, removing enrage timers, revising CC, improving resource spenders, improving how item affixes roll, adding Paragon, adding new shrines, giving more benefit to in-game events and Resplendent Chests, AH features, and more.

Given that, I don't understand why so many players say that we aren't taking player feedback into consideration. Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?
Edited by Lylirra on 12/12/2012 8:13 PM PST
Blues are people too, they can post everything they want whereas they don't be disrespectful (like you're doing now).

I care about their opinion and I think most people here care too. If you want to blame someone, blame people you who create post you judge "worthless".

It's always the same story, Blues post on feedback threads and on roleplay threads, and people ignore blue posts on feedback threads, like they never have aswered it.

I think you just need to give a break on this game dude.

Why do you not provide responses to many popular questions and threads on the forum? Why do you not post for random long periods of time?

1. Start responding to ALL popular threads. (duping theory comes to mind)
2. Don't leave us hanging for long periods of time.
i dont care about whats going on with the game..i want to know funny stories about your pets lolz

notsrs
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]