Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

View profile
Start by reading all the critiques made by players since release. And there are TONS of them.

I get the feeling you guys are ONLY searching for positive feedback and ignoring the rest

This perception actually really confuses me given how many changes we've made to the game based on player feedback and criticisms, and how frequently we actually say that we're listening.

Here are a few quick examples that I can recall from memory:

There's also changes made to drop rates, Legendary items, reducing repair costs, reducing the challenge gap between monster types, removing Invulnerable Minions, removing enrage timers, revising CC, improving resource spenders, improving how item affixes roll, adding Paragon, adding new shrines, giving more benefit to in-game events and Resplendent Chests, AH features, and more.

Given that, I don't understand why so many players say that we aren't taking player feedback into consideration. Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?

Ok i have to admit, several of the changes made were suggested on the forums.
View profile
Hey, I understand bro. Connecting with the audience is what business is all about, but when we see that 90%+ of blue posts are about nothing at all, and like people have said, there is more information on Jay Wilson's blog than here, it's a bit dissatisfying to tell you the truth.
It would help so much, if we had a weekly update. Something like "Oh hey, we're working on this, this, and this", so that we can know what you guys are actually working on, and maybe the community can help you with it. Just add a disclaimer that says "Nothing posted here is a gurantee." What's the harm in doing that?

I'd like this.
to all the blues:
stop talking about your cats and just focus on the development of the game...otherwise do not post anything..we don't care if your cat dies or how bad u are in diablo3..

thanks

We're going to engage with players on a variety of topics, and some of those topics will have a more casual focus -- like sharing personal experiences, participating in forum games or memes, or even showing support for awesome fan creations. The official forums are here to provide players with a place to discuss Diablo III with each other, and our primary goal is to foster that connection. We also want to provide you with information from the development team whenever possible, of course, but that kind of communication is always going to coexist with the more lighthearted stuff. (They're not mutually exclusive.)

So, if your primary feedback is "don't post about anything except what I want to hear about," then may not be able to see eye-to-eye on this particular topic. Maybe there are other ways you feel we could improve that take into account the fact we're here to do more than just talk about mechanics?

12/12/2012 07:15 PMPosted by MasterJay
You're seriously going to enable someone who wants to report you? Now that makes me disappointed - lock this attention troll's thread and move on..

There are certainly official channels that players can use to provide feedback about CM interactions (emailing wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com, for one), but I'm not sure very many people have or will take advantage of it. I'd sincerely like to know how the community feels their CMs could serve them better, and this may also be a good opportunity for me to provide more insight in what the role of a CM is (and/or clear up some misconceptions about what it isn't).

I might crash and burn, but I think it's worth the risk if it means positive change can come as a result. :)

Short answer, actions of CM's here cause gamers here perceive that the CM act as a barrier ( instead of a bridge) between them and the developers thus hampering their hopes of improving the game. If the fans become bitter and less productive as a result, its because of your companies policies.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

By providing a channel of communication with the dev team. So far, there are dozens of great suggestions that are buried with no sign of acknowledgement. I do understand you CM fellows may not be authorized to speak about certain topics, but you gotta admit it kinda sucks when a game with so many flaws has a lot of people wanting to love the game by actively suggesting potentially appealing improvements that don't even seem to be listened where it counts. It's disheartening, at best.

Seeing blue responses in rather trivial and uncompromising topics pretty much exclusively only amplifies the already negative image Blizzard has in front of thousands of disappointed customers.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 12/12/2012 8:22 PM PST
12/12/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Lylirra
Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?

All that player feedback has been great, thanks.

The issue is there have been way more suggestions and threads that blues have not responded to or made remarks about at all. If you guys are taking note of anything you should let us know. You guys should also keep us more frequently informed on what the developers are saying about it all.
I like cats. Sorry to hear. Wait until getting another one.

We're going to engage with players on a variety of topics, and some of those topics will have a more casual focus -- like sharing personal experiences, participating in forum games or memes, or even showing support for awesome fan creations.

The official forums are here to provide players with a place to discuss Diablo III with each other, and our primary goal is to foster that connection.

There you guys go, the blue admitting they are mainly here to talk about frivolous topics.

We also want to provide you with information from the development team whenever possible, of course, but that kind of communication is always going to coexist with the more lighthearted stuff. (They're not mutually exclusive.)

So, if your primary feedback is "don't post about anything except what I want to hear about," then may not be able to see eye-to-eye on this particular topic. Maybe there are other ways you feel we could improve that take into account the fact we're here to do more than just talk about mechanics?

Noone is saying you can't or shouldn't talk about the less important things such as favorite Acts or favorite bosses but what we are noticing is the lack of discussion about the bigger aspects of the game play that are making people leave this game yet you claim to post on a variety of topics - if its the devs not handing down the information to relay to us then that is an issue with them then. I suppose the expected PvP blog near the end of the month is just that. Except what about Patch 1.07 which is rumored to be a major patch as well - when can we expect to hear some information on this patch.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 12/12/2012 8:23 PM PST
Community Manager
12/12/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Triphex
Instead of responding to people being rude, and trolling, maybe give a bit of feedback on the positive suggestions.

We do that quite a bit actually. Though, I imagine those conversations might be easy to miss if you're not looking for them specifically or don't always visit the forums.

(This why we tend to repeat ourselves a lot, by the way. Not because we enjoy the repetition, but because we often see the same questions get asked quite frequently. While we could just let players fend for themselves and try to find our previous responses on their own, we usually like to jump in and either provide the information directly or point people to where they can read more about that topic.)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393669763#1

2..........2 CHAAAAAAAAAAAAINZ
messi smells like cheese.
@Lylirra
Check This thead out i made

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200061788

Please consider salvaging hellfire rings for diablo to walk the earth
and trading organs for other organs via jewler.

Please its such a good idea.

The game can only be fixed by people who get what Diablo is about. Diablo has never been a game where the player would be all like "There!" or "Done, now on to the next game!" because it was a game that we were truly involved in. The design behind Diablo 3 does not lend itself to giving the players that sense of involvement, thematically or mechanically, and that is why it does not have the longevity of the previous games.

I've never been more depressed at the ending of a game like the first Diablo, because it really hits you in the face. You sit and watch as everything that you have accomplished in the last thirty hours is completely undermined as your character becomes the very thing that he had fought against. You can't even save that character in the sequel. You're just gone. It's one of my favourite endings of all time.

Diablo 2 took that feel and made it even better. It took everything that you had loved about the first game and it twisted that into a ball, tarnishing all goodness. It was a depressing game that had an intense sense of fun to it. Godlike game, godlike story, godlike progression, godlike legacy. The music was fantastic as well.

No matter how powerful your hero has become in the first two games, everyone who has survived will be worse off in spite of your actions. That feeling isn't there in Diablo 3, because the sense of progression is slow and incremental and the game itself just does not feel as dark or as gloomy as the previous Diablo games. It does not feel as epic, and therefore it does not feel as fun as the last two games.

Well, to be serious, if you happen to remember Lyrilla you answered one of my posts a while back asking a similar quesiton. You actually gave a very honest answer about the purpose of blues and how they presented information. I was totally happy with that answer and will never "complain" about blues in the same way.

What you can do is post a sticky, and explain to players that blues are more of a poster who stirs up activity in the forums and can only answer questions of a certain nature in detail and some questions you are in the dark about almost as much as the players. This will lower players high expectations of blues and give them a clearer understanding of what they can and can't say or do.

Because after reading your explanation to me a few weeks ago and watching how blues post, it occured to me, they have a lot less power than people think.

The Sticky is the best thing you can do or give people the answers they want about the more game breaking issues that cause people to actually quit or continue and in some cases buy the game or not.

You have one of those 2 options basically.

Thanks
Fyle
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 12/12/2012 8:37 PM PST

Silence is better than feeding trolls or promising things you can not keep.

Your current strategy of silence is actually more effective than the one you deployed during the early days of launch which is an all-you-can-eat-buffet for trolls. How many Internet memes were born, such as "Aren't you grateful?" We had to live with that for months.

However, that said, let's be clear, a few of us are well aware the real reason why attack speed and wizard proc rates were nerfed and your attempts to cover up the issue with excuses that don't really stand up to scrutiny. You need more honesty and less bull.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]