Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

Clean up your own house. The Blizzard Diablo 3 forums have a well deserved reputation for letting the trolls and haters run wild, and letting the gold sellers run rampant for days before anything is done to clean them off the boards. These things happen because you allow it. And they become an order of magnitude worse every time the community managers do one of their week-long disappearing acts.

Hater posts so pollute your boards at times that if you look at your popular topics column on the D3 Home page it usually has at least one trending hate post filled with vitriol from people who admit that they don't even play your game. That and at least one trending goldseller spam post. Neither make a positive contribution to the D3 community.

Time to clean house and focus on the people who play your game and want to make D3 better for everyone. We may not always agree with you (I certainly don't), but we will try to do so with logic and reason, and not with personal attacks, profanity, and trolling hatred.
12/12/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
Instead of responding to people being rude, and trolling, maybe give a bit of feedback on the positive suggestions.

We do that quite a bit actually. Though, I imagine those conversations might be easy to miss if you're not looking for them specifically or don't always visit the forums.

(This why we tend to repeat ourselves a lot, by the way. Not because we enjoy the repetition, but because we often see the same questions get asked quite frequently. While we could just let players fend for themselves and try to find our previous responses on their own, we usually like to jump in and either provide the information directly or point people to where they can read more about that topic.)

I've been a fan of your games since you were Silicon & Synapse, and in spite of the criticism that you guys have been under recently I'd like to say that you've done a better job of being responsive and informative than your predecessors that worked on, say, Starcraft 1 or Warcraft 2 have been. Thank you.
View profile
12/12/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Lylirra
I don't understand why so many players say that we aren't taking player feedback into consideration. Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?

1) Perhaps you guys do pay attention to the fine details of some threads but overall I guess I'm just disappointed in the lack of attention to legendary items post 1.04. Seriously, these items still could use a lot of work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794322367?page=1 Thread on Legendaries and why they are still subpar. (This is just my own thread but there have been countless others)

2) Why has there been no comment on removing the 1 second delay on identifying rares? Ask around, does anyone still enjoy identifying rares? It's just a nausance at this point. There have been countless threads about this too, perhaps overlooked but I hope you get to comment on this and why there's still that 1 second delay on rares. Take a poll or whatever, no one likes it.

3) And finally there's something terribly wrong with some skills since launch. I'll just comment on WD skills in particular, zombie bears is the only rune worth using that's fairly obvious. No plans on buffing the other runes? Stuff like that... the skill runes used like less than 10% of the time should seriously be looked at...

I guess this is my top 3 wishlist. People still make these threads from time to time, it wouldn't hurt to comment on it just so it would receive that blue post stamp to encourage more of this sort of activity.

I've been a fan of your games since you were Silicon & Synapse, and in spite of the criticism that you guys have been under recently I'd like to say that you've done a better job of being responsive and informative than your predecessors that worked on, say, Starcraft 1 or Warcraft 2 have been. Thank you.

That's because back then there wasn't such a huge support system like there is now, and also because those games were a bit more perfected than D3.
I played both.

Yup, I did too.

It's true that the support system wasn't so large, but Blizzard was also a smaller entity in those days. There were community managers, but they just didn't do as much as these newer guys do. You used to have to turn to guys on the third party services such as Heat.net and Kali.

Of course, that was a pretty long time ago and it's probably not as relevant to the current topic as I'm making it out to be.
MVP
View profile
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

I believe people just like feeling as if their feedback has been read.

My suggestion isn't directly for the CM team, but rather for the IT / Web team... if perhaps they could create some sort of flag to recognize when a thread has been read by Blizzard staff, people would feel more motivated for positive discussion rather than feel as though they are being ignored.

This is not directly your fault as I know the stipulations behind the silence very well. However, people as a whole crave transparency.

It's a double edged sword however. If such a feature is implemented than it will be EXPECTED that every thread is carefully read and reviewed.

I've been lurking more than posting lately and I would have to say that the CM team is doing a better job of interacting with the community. I know others can't see it, but I have.

You do a great job Gojirra. I wouldn't let the negativity bother you too much. I just think more transparency would be something to consider in the future. Especially since D3 is agreeably more disappointing to some of the older fans of the franchise.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 12/12/2012 8:45 PM PST
My favorite dish is turkey lasagna....... even my pajamas designer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2reEeG2Ho_g
Edited by Mèšší#1724 on 12/12/2012 8:51 PM PST
Community Manager
12/12/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Nein
Well I've made alot of threads that were nice, but logical and productive too, but those just don't get popularity, and certainly no blue posts.

We try to read as many posts as possible, but the truth is that there's no way for us to read them all. (We still give it our best shot, though.) Similarly, we're not going to post in every thread, either -- even ones that we do see or find to be really constructive.

We may not always be able to respond to a specific concern for a number of reasons. Sometimes we don't have any information to share, sometimes we're not in a position to comment, and sometimes we want to see how a discussion progresses on its own. Whenever we post in a thread, the conversation will inevitably change, and there are times when it's important that we don't get involved. Usually, when a thread gets a "blue post," it stops being a discussion between players and turns into a some sort of modified Q&A. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not always the best way to get valuable feedback.

Also, as Grimiku said earlier today ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7394279599#10 ):

In many cases, though, we may not be in position to comment on what the developers are working on, either because they’re still working on the design process or we’re not really sure if what we have is actually going to make it into the game. Over the years we have found it is better to avoid promising anything about future content (until we are as close to 100% certain about it as possible) than to retract previous communication when something gets cut or delayed from a patch, or changed to something completely different. Even acknowledging that an issue exists is enough for some players to walk away with “they know, so something will be done immediately” and can be harmful if said issue’s resolution doesn’t make it into a patch.

So, if we don't respond to your posts, that doesn't mean we haven't heard you or haven't heard an identical concern from another player -- though it's possible we may not have gotten to that specific feedback just yet. It certainly doesn't mean that we don't care. There are just many factors that come into play when determining when/if we can post about a particular topic.

We do pass on your feedback to design team, though, and there have been many cases where that feedback has been acted on directly. (There have also been many cases where it hasn't, because our developers may not agree with a particular suggestion a player has made. We've talked about those in these forums, too.)
MVP
View profile
You and a few other people keep talking about negativity.
Since when has this forum became flufftown? This is Diablo 3. Rated M. Sequel to Diablo 2.
Man up.
Honestly, we're trying to have a few words. Nobodies calling names. Nobodies cussing. Nobodies even being nasty really. Are a few tough words, and a few angry people so mean?
Barely anybody here is EVEN trolling.
This is another reason that these forums are counterproductive. Why worry about being mean? We're on the internet. Grow a backbone, and do your job please.

As and adult community I would expect the community to act more like... adults.

It's not a matter of "manning up" but more of an issue of civility. =D
View profile
So, if we don't respond to your posts, that doesn't mean we haven't heard you or haven't heard an identical concern from another player -- though it's possible we may not have gotten to that specific feedback just yet. It certainly doesn't mean that we don't care. There are just many factors that come into play when determining when/if we can post about a particular topic.

How about a little insight on some of the decisions made by the dev team? That would be nice. For example, if you guys don't agree with the community you could give us your rationale on why because otherwise it would just seem like you ignored / avoided the topic.

Maybe the problem is you're afraid we won't concur?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5j1wWY-qus
I guess that the amount of hate, anger and disappointment that this game has wrought are being directed by players to the CMs.
nein is a genius. all hail nein. he will lead us through this diablo 3 madness
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]