Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

What about the "Like" button? Do posts with a lot of "Likes" stand out to CM's? It seems that only topics that get a lot of spam move to the popular topic list and it doesn't account the "Like" button at all. Whats the best way for us, as a community, to come together to try and get a particular topic viewed by a CM?
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 9:01 PM PST
Community Manager
12/12/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Nein
I mean it IS pretty sad that they can't figure out what we're looking for. There's dozens of threads that have each of these ideas separately, but still. Since they have open ears, let's tell them what we want and maybe we can get what we want implemented.

There's a difference between reading something and actually having a conversation about it. The latter tends to provide more insight since it allows both parties to provide context that may not be present otherwise.

Just because I'm asking a question doesn't mean I'm oblivious to your concerns. In fact, it means I'm aware of them and would like to know more.

Lylirra if you want to make the game better, go buy some wad, smoke it, and come up with some creative shat.

Interesting suggestion, but not totally applicable here. :)

I'm currently asking what -- in your opinion -- the CM team can do to better serve the Diablo III community. (You guys already provide us with your thoughts on how the game could be improved, and we're definitely appreciative of that fact.)
Edited by Lylirra on 2/6/2013 6:00 PM PST
I like how you CM's have been communicating--promoting fun topics that bring the community together (like the community commentary) and answering technical questions that arise with some frequency.

The most important thing you are doing well is content announcements. Players on this forum don't realize the flipside--if you announce a feature that is in early development and it gets cancelled down the line, people will just be angrier.

I prefer the style of communication we have now, where you engage the community on fun/technical topics while waiting until details are set in stone to announce upcoming game changes/features.

So, my feedback is please keep doing the same things you are doing! It is appreciated. :)
Start by reading all the critiques made by players since release. And there are TONS of them.

I get the feeling you guys are ONLY searching for positive feedback and ignoring the rest

This perception actually really confuses me given how many changes we've made to the game based on player feedback and criticisms, and how frequently we actually say that we're listening.

Here are a few quick examples that I can recall from memory:

There's also changes made to drop rates, Legendary items, reducing repair costs, reducing the challenge gap between monster types, removing Invulnerable Minions, removing enrage timers, revising CC, improving resource spenders, improving how item affixes roll, adding Paragon, adding new shrines, giving more benefit to in-game events and Resplendent Chests, AH features, and more.

Given that, I don't understand why so many players say that we aren't taking player feedback into consideration. Is there something we could perhaps do better to make this fact more clear?

Then tell us, what do you think of current co-op? Should co-op mode increases monster exp/mf/gf % per person? In fact, do the developers aware of this issues?

There were many players have voiced their opinion about co-op gameplay yet you guys avoid every single of them.
allow for hardcore offline mode

im more worried about disconnect then that molten/reflect/minion pack
Community Manager
12/12/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Mèšší
Ur a toad

Pity. I've always fancied myself more of an iguana really. =/
MVP
View profile
12/12/2012 09:07 PMPosted by unholy
allow for hardcore offline mode

I would sell my soul to Blizzard for this feature.

K kool story gtfo and make a diff post brody
Please release more information on PVP. The game came out 7 months ago. we want PVP already!!
u mad cuz im stylin on u?

ye. u mad
Lylirra
that toad comment was not toward you sorry
I feel that it would be better if there were no community interaction of this sort. Public forums are wretched hives of scum and villany. At their best, these forums provide the kind of feedback for devs that could be attained through any number of other means (i.e.: taking surveys, focused betas, and other such targeted feedback campaigns.) When I see people on these forums make demands like they are owed the moon for paying for the game, it makes me think that there's no point in discussing anything with this person. To those who are offended that CMs post anything other than all business all the time, it's pretty clear that this individual will never be satisfied. At their core, they don't just want a little more feed back or to just know a little more about the progress of the game's content. No, they want to be crowned king and have every dev bow to their whims. It seems like much more trouble than it is worth to pipe resources into such a self-abusive and unproductive infrastructure.
Lylirra,
My friend Mèšší has a huge crush on you.
View profile
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

I think most of us are eager to know whats next? What changes are coming? There have been many great ideas and suggestions, formulated here on the forums, on how to improve this game's experience, and some of them actually made it into the game, and i guess we have you guys to thank for that. But why can't it be a 2 way street? How about the next 8-14 hour maintenance, a few of the CMs bring a little news to the forums. Something .. anything. My 2 cents at least.

PS. I'm taking credit for for the blacksmith getting "repair" functionality :P

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5594212551
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]