Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

MVP
View profile
12/12/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Lylirra
There you guys go, a player taking a blue quote out of context. ;)

Oh my god...

Bashiok hacked Lylirra's account. =(

He's in ur akount, sharding ur purplz...
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 12/12/2012 9:35 PM PST
^This.

It's like back in the PTR days when wizards were asking explanations about numerous nerfs and we only got a response that says "we dont have any plans to fix wizards yet; meanwhile we'll nerf you. Enjoy the Disintegrate buff"
View profile
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
How do you think we could improve?

I would suggest providing regular (if not weekly, maybe monthly) updates on the following:
1) What is being worked on right now?
2) What has been accomplished this week/month?
3) What's on the radar / to-do list next week/month?

Appreciate your hard work, Lylirra and team.

There you guys go, the blue admitting they are mainly here to talk about frivolous topics.

There you go, another blue post picking words with irrelevant thought processes.
View profile
12/12/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Lylirra

Lylirra your candor and helpfulness makes you my fave CM. Really all you gotta do is post more often than you do now and that's fine by me. But your posts are either goofy funny or technically informative, to that you deserve way more than sour words.

Shame on some of you people. And you wonder why blues don't post regularly.
Edited by FruitVendor#2561 on 12/12/2012 9:39 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter

There you go, another blue post picking words with irrelevant thought processes.

Uhm, what?
Community Manager
12/12/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Hhug
THen again there hasn't been any real additions to the game that were meaningful other then Hellfire rings ( no mp doesn't count toggle difficulty did nothing for the game).

There are some players who would agree with you, and some players who would disagree. That's the magic of having a diverse community of players, I suppose.

Either way, since you quoted my question, can you provide some feedback on it? The concern is that Blizzard doesn't listen to its players, and that CMs only look for threads that praise the game (rather than those that provide constructive criticisms for improvement). This is despite the fact that we have made several changes based on player criticisms, and have acknowledged that fact many, many times.

How could we as CMs make it more clear to the community that we value your feedback -- positive or negative, so long as it's constructive -- more than we already do? Or better illustrate that we take that feedback into consideration and have made may great changes to the game as a result of it?
Weekly "State of the Game" post or blog.

1. Tell us what the big thing you worked on this week was. Also what setbacks you had along the way.

2. What bug(s) did you work out fixes for (or have not found a fix for yet) There was a bug they talked about on the planetside forums that they were having and a PLAYER came up with a solution to the bug.

3. What are the top 3 things that you as a communication gateway for the community told the devs this week.

4. Random tidbit of your fave ingame moment this week.

Yes you will have your 20% of the community that !@#$% and cry about everything you say and this 20% is about 70+% of your forum posters. Telling the other 80% what you are working on and giving us feedback will go a long way.
Edited by Mamif#1275 on 12/12/2012 9:47 PM PST
Community Manager
Oh my god...

Hey, you sit next to Bashiok long enough (going on 2 years now) and some of his habits are bound to rub off. :P
View profile
Dear CM,

Can you do your liason thing and tell the devs to buff the Tal Rasha set bonus because they are horrible and a disgrace to wizards around the world. And after they come up with new bonuses and new numerical values for said bonuses, i want you to take it to Jay himself and get him to double it. Do that and we are bffs.

the5rites

PS. Still taking credit for the blacksmith thing :P
86 Orc Warrior
12/12/2012 08:55 PMPosted by FruitVendor
How about a little insight on some of the decisions made by the dev team?
Yeah, they could tell us «we decided to work on creating a survival arena!»

And then after 1 month : Finally we droped the project because we had to much probleme.

That wouldn't be fun to hear.
View profile
12/12/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
How could we as CMs make it more clear to the community that we value your feedback -- positive or negative, so long as it's constructive -- more than we already do? Or better illustrate that we take that feedback into consideration and have made may great changes to the game as a result of it?

How about an ongoing weekly "Best Constructive Criticism / Community Feedback" Thread highlighting a particular user and his/her idea and what the team thinks of it. It would have to be made clear that being chosen doesn't necessarily mean that the idea would be implemented next patch, but at least it would give recognition to great ideas and would be archived regularly that you guys do read stuff... maybe get someone from the dev team to put his 2 cents in as well.

You can't deny this would be a good idea! People want to be more interactive with the developers.
Edited by FruitVendor#2561 on 12/12/2012 9:44 PM PST
Community Manager
Was this question seriously just asked? It's almost as if the forums have been 100% neglected.

If they weren't, no blue would even ask this question at this point.

READ THE HUNDREDS OF CONSTRUCTIVE AND HIGHLY RATED FORUMS.

HUR DUR.

Please see: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392739689?page=6#102
MVP
View profile
Oh my god...

Hey, you sit next to Bashiok long enough (going on 2 years now) and some of his habits are bound to rub off. :P

I'm really sorry for doing this but...

06/20/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Bashiok
aren't you thankful!?

=O
View profile
12/12/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Furn
How about a little insight on some of the decisions made by the dev team?
Yeah, they could tell us «we decided to work on creating a survival arena!»

And then after 1 month : Finally we droped the project because we had to much probleme.

That wouldn't be fun to hear.

That would be a bummer but at least they tried and or told us why it could not be done rather than we think they are just too, forgive the term, "lazy" to try.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]