Diablo® III

Disappointing Blue Posts

12/12/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
THen again there hasn't been any real additions to the game that were meaningful other then Hellfire rings ( no mp doesn't count toggle difficulty did nothing for the game).

There are some players who would agree with you, and some players who would disagree. That's the magic of having a diverse community of players, I suppose.

Either way, since you quoted my question, can you provide some feedback on it? The concern is that Blizzard doesn't listen to its players, and that CMs only look for threads that praise the game (rather than those that provide constructive criticisms for improvement). This is despite the fact that we have made several changes based on player criticisms, and have acknowledged that fact many, many times.

How could we as CMs make it more clear to the community that we value your feedback -- positive or negative, so long as it's constructive -- more than we already do? Or better illustrate that we take that feedback into consideration and have made may great changes to the game as a result of it?

well you're doing a good job as a CM but some inputs or feedbacks from devs themselves from a time would certainly be nice... like every week or 2 a post from them can be seen .

That would bring back the assurance we need on this game's direction
Community Manager
12/12/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Mamif
Weekly "State of the Game" post or blog.

I'm going to be very upfront and say that this is probably not feasible, but we could explore the possibility of more or varied types of developer blogs. No promises, though, since that honestly depends on the developers' bandwidth (their priority is first and foremost development). Good food for thought, though.

There might also be a better way for us CMs to highlight the topics we've responded on for the week/month/etc that relate directly to development, since the information we provide is usually coming from the developers in one form or another. It seems like a lot of people simply aren't aware of what we've commented on already, and if that communication isn't really visible I agree that it can make it hard to think we're listening.
Edited by Lylirra on 12/12/2012 9:55 PM PST
THen again there hasn't been any real additions to the game that were meaningful other then Hellfire rings ( no mp doesn't count toggle difficulty did nothing for the game).

There are some players who would agree with you, and some players who would disagree. That's the magic of having a diverse community of players, I suppose.

Either way, since you quoted my question, can you provide some feedback on it? The concern is that Blizzard doesn't listen to its players, and that CMs only look for threads that praise the game (rather than those that provide constructive criticisms for improvement). This is despite the fact that we have made several changes based on player criticisms, and have acknowledged that fact many, many times.

How could we as CMs make it more clear to the community that we value your feedback -- positive or negative, so long as it's constructive -- more than we already do? Or better illustrate that we take that feedback into consideration and have made may great changes to the game as a result of it?

I have yet to see any game changes that were said by a player, everything has been done to benefit you, not us. Like you said, you don't listen to us.. and that's a BIG MAJOR reason why this game is slowly falling apart.
regarding pvp and the blog 'official' blog

why not just give us some details of what is being discussed, what may or may not be included, etc

what is the benefit of keeping this magical information secret? you have our money already and are trying to improve the game right?

...tidbits

well you're doing a good job as a CM but some inputs or feedbacks from devs themselves from a time would certainly be nice... like every week or 2 a post from them can be seen .

That would bring back the assurance we need on this game's direction
Maybe you could add beside a threads, or a post, a little icon that would show that it has been read?
Community Manager
12/12/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Winky
I have yet to see any game changes that were said by a player, everything has been done to benefit you, not us. Like you said, you don't listen to us.. and that's a BIG MAJOR reason why this game is slowly falling apart.

Dude, really? (I mean, really?) I quoted threads where players were asking for a change, and we literally said "we agree, we're making that change."

If, in spite of that, you still believe we ignore player feedback -- then okay. I'm afraid I can't compete with willful ignorance. :(

(I still encourage you to share your suggestions and criticisms, though!)
12/12/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Furn
Maybe you could add beside a threads, or a post, a little icon that would show that it has been read?

I quite like this idea mentioned by Droth as well.

Maybe also give it a blizz rating too to recommend the read
12/12/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Lylirra

Dude, really? (I mean, really?) I quoted threads where players were asking for a change, and we literally said "we agree, we're making that change."

If, in spite of that, you still believe we ignore player feedback -- then okay. I'm afraid I can't compete with willful ignorance. :(

(I still encourage you to share your suggestions and criticisms, though!)

I like you, Lylirra. You are the bestest. Ever. :)
I think most people want something you can't give them, as you're not developers.

The developer blog/thread would be the best option, even if a CM were to be assigned to follow a certain dev team and be given permission to release even speculative changes to the game that are being explored.

I wouldn't hold it against you if you said something was being explored that wasn't released in the next patch.

Just sayin'.
How about this idea?

Once a week, the CMs make a thread inwhich players can ask 1 question about the game (design choices, development, ect). The 2 most popular questions are relayed to someone on the development team who can answer those questions to the best of their ability, and then the CMs can post those answers/responses in the thread the next day. It focuses alot of the questions, issues, as well as answers (hopefully) into one thread.
The reason people think you ignore the forums is they just think that you read the threads that you post in.

You could easily show in the forum interface, with something as simple as a blue checkmark, that someone at blizzard read that post or thread.

That way the people who spend all this time on these long forum posts will feel like they are not wasting their time AND you wont have to post something and make the thread explode with off topic QQ.

PS. College MMDesign grad with solid writing skills.... hire me :P
Edited by Mamif#1275 on 12/12/2012 10:13 PM PST
and since you're doing surveys regarding favorite acts,quote, characters, etc...why not have a survey (class specific or not) about gameplay? that will also give you some inputs fr the player base and data that the devs can use vs their actual data .

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412214426?page=2#29
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809975?page=6#112
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271506353?page=19#366

Trust me Gojirra, you have been more than helpful.
12/12/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Nein
You seem very distressed that most people aren't understanding what you're replying to, and what you're implementing, but don't you think that blue posts are hard to keep track of? Many players aren't dedicated enough to search for blue posts all the time, but a weekly update like I suggested would be good for everyone. It would be clear, and even CM's could manage it.

No, I'm saying that's good feedback! And that perhaps we CMs can do more to make our posts more visible or easier to access. A weekly roundup is something we can consider, absolutely. :)

(Also, just to be very clear: CMs are not developers.)
I quite like this idea mentioned by Droth as well.

Maybe also give it a blizz rating too to recommend the read

I like the feature but I have mixed feelings about it. It could potentially turn into an expectation that all threads be read but it might help alleviate the feeling of "Why am I being ignored"

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]