Diablo® III

How cost-effective is your Monk??

I see a lot of threads that focus on guessing the cost of a person's gear... why don't we just ask people to share and save the guesswork? I'm curious to see how much your gear cost and what such investments have yielded in terms of DPS and EHP. I think such information can benefit both veterans and new Monks!

If interested, please provide the following info on the character of your choice:

Character Name
Combined cost of current gear (in gold and/or real money, if applicable... if item was found, consider the cost 0)
DPS Unbuffed (according to http://www.diabloprogress.com)
EHP Unbuffed (according to diabloprogress)

Example:

Name: Sommer
Cost: 36.5m gold
DPS: 94,977
EHP: 568,286

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Name: shayla
cost: 4m
dps: 57,425.01
ehp: 435,150
Reply Quote
Name: MasterBeta
Cost: ~475M
DPS: 163,101
EHP: 425,754 (d3up since diabloprogress has not updated my profile in at least 3 weeks)

Note: The sucky thing about investments in gear is that Legendaries and Sets all depreciate unless you have a godly piece, I'm sure my gear set would be cheaper to replace at today's prices. EHP doesn't look impressive, but I have no issues on MP9 uber runs.
Reply Quote
Name: SteamBun
Cost: 4.7M gold
DPS: 49,439.91
EHP: 338,282

with a 2 spare weapon:
~790dps axe with +700LoH, OS, ~190 dex, ~100vit
~940dps WKL with 42CD, 6% and 18%, ~150 dex

farming MP1, MP3 cabable with some deaths
Reply Quote
Name: ShaolinMoney
Cost: 388M gold
DPS: 171,000
EHP: 445,000
Reply Quote
Name: Srapzo
Cost: 1-2 billion over the course of the game
DPS: 190k mp10 uber set. - 130k PvP set
EHP: 540k mp10 uber set - 1.1M PvP set

How cost effective is it? Not at all.

Could have pimped out all my toons for the same budget.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/11/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Name: Closter
Cost: 650 mil
DPS: 150, 777
EHP: 488,438

Costed a bit too much due to gearing out OWE.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 02:11 PMPosted by scrapz
How cost effective is it? Not at all.

I wouldn't say it's not cost effective... it's just clearly expensive to get to 190/540 ratio that you have. That's kind of what I am hoping this thread can determine: what is the typical cost of maximizing stats. People viewing can determine cost-effectiveness for themselves depending on what they want to accomplish.

In any case, thank you, and everyone, for sharing thus far. It is helpful for anyone interested in making the best investment in their Monk!
Reply Quote
Prob around 1b gold spent since release, and a few amazing drops I am wearing.(both my rings, and i crafted my gloves for about 15m)

148k dps 552k EHP
PvP 115k dps 800k EHP 40% stun 65% dodge 51% cc
Reply Quote
65 mil
93.5k dps
690k ehp everythign but melee that's at 720k ehp
Reply Quote
Thaldor the Hairless Bear

COST : more or less 50m (i got the VW through a drop)
91k DPS (EDPS higher cause WKL)
EHP: 450k
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 12/12/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
This thread concept is flawed.

Gear purchased in 1.04 is so much more expensive than gear bought yesterday.
Reply Quote
Agreed - ^

Plus I couldn't honestly answer this question as i don't know. many pieces of gears were found (Inna's pants) or friends have found and given me the gear (as i do when i find something that they could use - so the EF and fist are from friends).

and this is the way i like to play. for fun. not for gold nor screw friends over.

I play with friends. we have fun. we camp keys, do xp runs. pimp out twinks. but always have fun.
Reply Quote
Character Name: MisterMiagi: (Misspelled it lmao.. wish i could fix - oh well!)
Combined cost of current gear: I would estimate 1.5-2b over the games course.
DPS Unbuffed: 178,524.29
EHP Unbuffed: 978,746

I will add, because i think it will be important in PvP:

Spirit regeneration: 4.43/sec
Life Steal: 2.9
Life on Hit: 537

Probably not really cost effective, but I geared with ALL RES gear in order to drop OWE which boosts the cost quite a bit.

ahh. as piffle brought up, some of my gear was acquired in 1.04 when prices were higher... so that skews things.
Edited by Tarzan#1737 on 12/12/2012 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Name: Nameless
Cost: 65M
DPS: 100K
EHP: 480K

@Piffle - you 're quite right in that recently geared monks will likely be cheaper than ones that were geared with remnants from 1.0.4 prices. However, compiling this list could help dispel some notions that monks are necessarily expensive to gear to adequate DPS/EHP levels.

@OP: I think it may also be helpful to list some "features" of the monks as well, especially around %LS, LoH, MS, hidden elemental damage that does not show up in paper DPS (like Inna's belt or WKL). In my case, I only have 12%MS, 2.9% LS to note. I think that d3up.com may provide more accurate and detailed information as well... that's where I get my numbers).
Reply Quote
hidden elemental damage that does not show up in paper DPS (like Inna's belt or WKL)..

WKL/innas elemental damage shows up on your paper sheet. the 15-25% lightning skills is what doesnt show up from the WKL.

[edit for typos]
Edited by Tarzan#1737 on 12/12/2012 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Name: Nameless
Cost: 65M
DPS: 100K
EHP: 480K

@Piffle - you 're quite right in that recently geared monks will likely be cheaper than ones that were geared with remnants from 1.0.4 prices. However, compiling this list could help dispel some notions that monks are necessarily expensive to gear to adequate DPS/EHP levels.

I think that's actually the opposite of what's going to happen.

Unless you bought the majority of your gear recently, the cost of your monk is going to be inflated compared to recent prices. But most people reading through this thread aren't going to realize that. They're going to say, "well it cost Nameless 65 million to get 100k dps and 480k EH so that's how much it costs."

People rarely replace all their gear all at once, so most people are going to have gear they purchased a while ago.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Piffle
They're going to say, "well it cost Nameless 65 million to get 100k dps and 480k EH so that's how much it costs."

I think we can be fairly confident that it would cost less than 65 million to build such a Monk. Less than 40 million if you don't include gems.
Reply Quote
I think that's actually the opposite of what's going to happen.

Unless you bought the majority of your gear recently, the cost of your monk is going to be inflated compared to recent prices. But most people reading through this thread aren't going to realize that. They're going to say, "well it cost Nameless 65 million to get 100k dps and 480k EH so that's how much it costs."

People rarely replace all their gear all at once, so most people are going to have gear they purchased a while ago.

I see where you are coming from and yes, I do agree with you on your points. Gear has depreciated significantly since the purchase of most of my gear, so my price is indeed pretty inflated and I hope nobody would have to spend as much as I have to get to my level.

Perhaps the point is that as more people post, it will become more clear which ones have geared with recent costs vs. old costs, and anyone looking at this for ideas on gearing cost will gravitate towards the posts that give lowest cost vs. DPS/EHP results as the new bar to be set as far as bang-for-buck. It can hopefully dispel the myth that monks necessarily have to cost a fortune to gear, when they see what can be done at low prices.

Perhaps if you posted details about one of your recent sets (contained in your gearing thread), that could be a bar that people could look to as inspiration of what can be done at a low cost with the most current of prices. Seeing this information in more threads may be helpful to junior monks who have just graduated into inferno and trying to figure out gearing costs. :)
Reply Quote
NAME:WAVVYKREAM
COST:AROUND 1BILL
DPS:220K UNBUFFED
EHP:524,200
im very unlucky on drops so everything is from ah
but im pretty sure my gears worth way more than 1bill
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]