Diablo® III

Error 3007 for Aus/NZ area users

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
We're currently looking into an issue AUS/NZ users are having when trying to connect to the US Diablo III servers. This thread will be updated when we have any additional information.

In the meantime, this workaround of changing to a free DNS provider is reported to be helping.

As posted in the Aus/NZ forums:

DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.

Example: Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
Edited by Omrakos on 12/11/2012 3:11 PM PST
tl;dr , not good enough tbh blizz, fix it asap

edit ~ this works tho btw~
Edited by dos350#6770 on 12/11/2012 3:01 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
Well seriously Blizz have a go ay, this is just not cricket..
12/11/2012 02:51 PMPosted by dos350
tl;dr , not good enough tbh blizz, fix it asap

Blizz doesn't control the DNS servers. Some ISP in your region screwed up the routing to the servers, so you have to work around it with different DNS settings. tl;dr know what you're talking about.
90 Orc Shaman
righto brown noser imo it is blizz as it there game they should have worked this befor release tosser
What the hell I play HC I dont want to risk using some public dns's.. Like seriously when is this going to be fixed?

So now Im told to use public DNS's and when that causes my hardcore hero to die blizzard will say its my fault? Serious? Sheesh...

This is a joke right?
Edited by Sky#6784 on 12/11/2012 3:13 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
Sky,

It's a temporary workaround. You don't have to use it. No one is telling you you have to use a public DNS provider instead of your ISPs. You can wait until we've isolated and fixed the issue too, it's your choice.
I highly doubt it's our fault considering the game was running yesterday and the patch you guys just let loose doesn't even warrant a string of numbers, or a announcement.
What the hell I play HC I dont want to risk using some public dns's.. Like seriously when is this going to be fixed?

So now Im told to use public DNS's and when that causes my hardcore hero to die blizzard will say its my fault? Serious? Sheesh...

This is a joke right?

Google's DNS servers are more reliable and probably faster than whatever your ISP was giving to you. But yeah, hardcore is hardcore.
very nice answers, its your choice
they didnt force you to play the game, nor did they force anybody in the AU/NZ area to play the game.
You can play if they want you to, and you can not play if they dont want you to.
Its your choice, indeed
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Omrakos: Thanks for the update, hope you guys can workout whats going on. Very strange indeed.
Fixed the issue for me thankyou.

To those saying this should not be happening. Well it is, and Blizz has organised a temporay workaround which I for one, appreciate.
well, I'd rather wait. The workaround requires changing settings on the computer, which in turn cost hassles with other applications I am running.

I changed the DNS and it gives me a Unidentified network which doesn't connect at all. Too bad the workaround doesn't work for all types of connections.
Edited by Delianeth#6880 on 12/11/2012 3:48 PM PST
Sky,

It's a temporary workaround. You don't have to use it. No one is telling you you have to use a public DNS provider instead of your ISPs. You can wait until we've isolated and fixed the issue too, it's your choice.

lol snappy... too funny...
-_- dude im not a comp geek all that makes no sense to me its getting beyond a joke with blizzard
12/11/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Omrakos

If I can provide some more details. As the DNS server (in theory) only directs the IP address, I checked with in the other thread (and now tested myself) that the Google DNS was pointing people to the same IP as those who couldn't connect. So in theory the DNS server isn't the issue, but changing it is fixing something else.

Testing process:
Using the settings I had last night (ISP DNS) I was not able to connect this morning.

Setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 I could connect

But then I reset my connection and went back to the orignal ISP DNS settings that I couldn't connect to earlier. I can now connect to D3 as per last night, with the settings that didn't work earlier. I have looked at Network Connection Details to verify that Windows is using the ISP DNS (assuming of course Windows is right).

So perhaps this refreshed the DNS in some way (or something else). But maybe this can help with isolating the problem.
Blizzard had no hand in finding the workaround that was all the community - Narull etc.
bummer day off.
12/11/2012 03:38 PMPosted by IVIiXxX
-_- dude im not a comp geek all that makes no sense to me its getting beyond a joke with blizzard

It's detailed step by step directions, how can it not make sense?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]