Diablo® III

"Disk asset loading" lag

Quote from a sticky:
Disk loading stutters: We’re working on the disk asset loading stutters as well. In an upcoming patch, some of the prefetching in the game is being changed which should help with the stuttering.

Is this still being worked on?
Because it's far from fixed, i have a death or a near death at almost every start of my runs due to loading game assets from disk.
I also have to start every hardcore run on softcore to preload effects, location etc. My friends also do this and they have even better computers than mine.

I dont really want to buy an SSD at this point and not sure it it'd even help much.

If you guys gave us an option to select which assets (or classes of assets) to preload at the start of the game, and which to load on the fly - it would be great. Really great. I hate dying due to the game being unresponsive.
Reply Quote
Yea this problem seems to be forgotten. I've had the same problem since beta and they haven't even fixed it yet : /

I'm also dying at least 2-3 times the very first run before every asset is loaded. Due to this, I simply can't play hardcore.
Reply Quote
Could you give an answer, please? Even "we passed information to devs" would be nice.
Reply Quote
They're not gonna fix it.
Reply Quote
It seems that whats worse, the only work around that mitigated some of the stuttering for me has been nullified. Since the launcher is ALWAYS patching on every launch, the MPQ files HAVE to be present in the install folder during the patching process. Running the mpqs off of a highspeed USB drive was the ONLY method that alleviated but not removed the stuttering.

So here we are, the only fix that worked for me is worth nothing, and having had an itch to play after a long break (attributed partially to the fact that Blizzard had yet to post a sticky or even admit that this was an issue, after saying this issue had been resolved for launch) I come back to find that performance is even worse.

Awesome.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Endeavour
Is this still being worked on?

12/12/2012 01:27 AMPosted by LilFroze
Yea this problem seems to be forgotten. I've had the same problem since beta and they haven't even fixed it yet

12/28/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Endeavour
Could you give an answer, please?

12/28/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Ludya
They're not gonna fix it.

likely they arent working on it is my opinion. they only said they were to pacify the ppl flooding them with posts/tickets about poor performance.

like many other issues they just tossed it in the nearest waste basket and it will never be fixed.

It seems that whats worse, the only work around that mitigated some of the stuttering for me has been nullified. Since the launcher is ALWAYS patching on every launch, the MPQ files HAVE to be present in the install folder during the patching process. Running the mpqs off of a highspeed USB drive was the ONLY method that alleviated but not removed the stuttering.

odd, i never had any problems like that. my patcher just patched the files on the usb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]