Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
True enough haha. Although since I've played the game so much, the leveling part is very monotonous for me XD
I would pay for some PL services on here, but unfortunately I only have 200k since I haven't made it to 60 in HC yet!
Just but vit gear with gold you pick up, upgrade 1-2 pieces every 5-10 levels, mainly weapon and it should be fine. You haven't made it to hell yet and that's really where leveling gets a little tricky for some people. I did normal and nightmare on mp10 without any trouble and never had to buy super expensive gear (maybe 1-5k)
Void, I too have yet to make it to 60, and have lost my share of chars too. But I think getting rushed will only make matters worse. If you decide to reroll and lvl on your own, look me up (I have chars strung all over the place) and I'll be happy to run with you.
You can make it to 60 on your own, if that is what you want to do. Once you get there, you will have the satisfaction of knowing ya did it!
39 Monk 49 WD 47 WD
This is harsh, but true.
pretty much this haha. hardcore is not the same game. take it slow. the most common thing i see is someone dies, starts a new character in a fury to get back to their old level, and they die again.
also, if you are, dont use cains set in hell. lots of people do, its great for power leveling, but solo its a good way to die
death sucks, but it is always an opportunity to learn, every character i make lasts longer than the previous one. if you arent learning something from your deaths then you are doomed to make the same mistake over and over until hardcore finally takes whats left of your will :P
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 12/14/2012 7:07 AM PST
I killed five wizards before I managed to make it to sixty. I know what it's like to have that 'can't get to sixty' feeling.
You can, though, you just have to stick with it and figure out where you went wrong.
My tips in this regard
- Stick with the class you like playing best. Ask around, have people look at your build, etc. WD's are good (duh) so if you're having fun rolling a WD stick with it.
- I wouldn't power level in your situation. As others have said, if you're dying pre-60 odds are you will get smashed in inferno once you get there.
- Figure out what you did wrong. I did this by posting exactly how I died and letting other people tell me all the stupid things I did to get killed, and learning from it (there's a death post on here somewhere for every single one of my dead characters). Other people will know stuff that you may not.
- Go slower until you can go faster. My first wiz to hit 60 took me something like 70 hours to level. There's no shame in going slower, you will learn what you need to be able to safely level faster.
- Don't give up, you'll get there.
the easiest way to get to 60 is to out level the monsters. Take your time.
This is what I used to do.
1. chip a ruby in your helm to get 20% exp bonus
2. grind the same area until you no longer get any significant experience
3. change the MP level to maybe 5 , then 7, then 10. Until you are not getting any more experience from those monsters.
4. then you can start to progress with the story.
My first HC toon died at level 10 and then my 2nd (WD) hit 60 without hardly ever getting a close call.
I simply stacked Vitality/Intelligence and always upgraded to the best weapon I could afford and gem it for dps. I also over levelled in the 50's to make hell a little easier.
All-in-all it was fun but I'm embarking on a go without the AH. You can buy your way to 60 (more or less) with stacking vitality. I had so much health others I grouped with even laughed at me and called me ball-less lol.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.