Diablo® III

Dead again ><

39 Monk 49 WD 47 WD
Can't seem to make it to 60! ><
If anyone is doing any PL for their friends or anything of the like and has room for one more, please add me in game! VoidMoon#1166
Edited by VoidMoon#1166 on 12/11/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you can't make it to 60 on your own, most likely you will be dead soon after you reach 60 anyway. You should learn from your deaths, what you can improve and all that.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Druberry
If you can't make it to 60 on your own, most likely you will be dead soon after you reach 60 anyway. You should learn from your deaths, what you can improve and all that.

True enough haha. Although since I've played the game so much, the leveling part is very monotonous for me XD

I would pay for some PL services on here, but unfortunately I only have 200k since I haven't made it to 60 in HC yet!
Reply Quote
I take SC gold 1:5 rates

HC players love it they get to 60 and have HC gold to gear there fresh new 60 for the Meat Grinder.
Reply Quote
Just but vit gear with gold you pick up, upgrade 1-2 pieces every 5-10 levels, mainly weapon and it should be fine. You haven't made it to hell yet and that's really where leveling gets a little tricky for some people. I did normal and nightmare on mp10 without any trouble and never had to buy super expensive gear (maybe 1-5k)
Reply Quote
make a wd and ill give you a weapon when you hit lvl 50 ( a lvl 60 weapon with 10 lvl reduction that does 900dmg)
Reply Quote
gotta teach the man to fish, giving the fish isnt going to help once he hits inferno T_T.
Reply Quote

good comment

i agree
Reply Quote
If you give him a stick of dynamite and he blows up all the fish in the pond, then he won't need to go fishing when he hits inferno
Reply Quote
Void, I too have yet to make it to 60, and have lost my share of chars too. But I think getting rushed will only make matters worse. If you decide to reroll and lvl on your own, look me up (I have chars strung all over the place) and I'll be happy to run with you.

You can make it to 60 on your own, if that is what you want to do. Once you get there, you will have the satisfaction of knowing ya did it!
Reply Quote
39 Monk 49 WD 47 WD
Can't seem to make it to 60! ><
If anyone is doing any PL for their friends or anything of the like and has room for one more, please add me in game! VoidMoon#1166

Unless you are dying to network issues (lag, rubber banding, dc) or
playing the no-AH style (which is hard to do)...

You are doing something very wrong.

It shouldn't be that hard to hit 60 for someone experienced with the class, especially with an account that already has some resources (gold, gear, etc...).

Are you under geared (for example, using the cain's set after level 36)?
Are you making poor combat choices (wrong build, wrong application of build, wrong spur-of-the-moment choices)?
Are you failing to see the signs that its time to upgrade your gear?
Are you falling to retreat and regroup when the fight is going against you?
Are you... whatever

You made mistakes and it honestly doesn't look like you are learning from them. I wouldn't expect help from others until you learn something.

This is harsh, but true.
Reply Quote

pretty much this haha. hardcore is not the same game. take it slow. the most common thing i see is someone dies, starts a new character in a fury to get back to their old level, and they die again.

also, if you are, dont use cains set in hell. lots of people do, its great for power leveling, but solo its a good way to die

death sucks, but it is always an opportunity to learn, every character i make lasts longer than the previous one. if you arent learning something from your deaths then you are doomed to make the same mistake over and over until hardcore finally takes whats left of your will :P
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 12/14/2012 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I killed five wizards before I managed to make it to sixty. I know what it's like to have that 'can't get to sixty' feeling.

You can, though, you just have to stick with it and figure out where you went wrong.

My tips in this regard
- Stick with the class you like playing best. Ask around, have people look at your build, etc. WD's are good (duh) so if you're having fun rolling a WD stick with it.
- I wouldn't power level in your situation. As others have said, if you're dying pre-60 odds are you will get smashed in inferno once you get there.
- Figure out what you did wrong. I did this by posting exactly how I died and letting other people tell me all the stupid things I did to get killed, and learning from it (there's a death post on here somewhere for every single one of my dead characters). Other people will know stuff that you may not.
- Go slower until you can go faster. My first wiz to hit 60 took me something like 70 hours to level. There's no shame in going slower, you will learn what you need to be able to safely level faster.
- Don't give up, you'll get there.
Reply Quote
the easiest way to get to 60 is to out level the monsters. Take your time.

This is what I used to do.

1. chip a ruby in your helm to get 20% exp bonus
2. grind the same area until you no longer get any significant experience
3. change the MP level to maybe 5 , then 7, then 10. Until you are not getting any more experience from those monsters.
4. then you can start to progress with the story.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 08:51 PMPosted by ShaboiJD
If you give him a stick of dynamite and he blows up all the fish in the pond, then he won't need to go fishing when he hits inferno

:)
Reply Quote
My first HC toon died at level 10 and then my 2nd (WD) hit 60 without hardly ever getting a close call.

I simply stacked Vitality/Intelligence and always upgraded to the best weapon I could afford and gem it for dps. I also over levelled in the 50's to make hell a little easier.

All-in-all it was fun but I'm embarking on a go without the AH. You can buy your way to 60 (more or less) with stacking vitality. I had so much health others I grouped with even laughed at me and called me ball-less lol.

Good luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]