Diablo® III

HC DC's / modem question

Ive always played hardcore off and on since d2. Ive never really had issues with disconnects until i started using the modem at my new address though. Im just curious as to why my modem will go out for about 5-10 seconds (roughly) at random intervals.

It doesn't do it very often, but when it does it can be lethal. I had it happen twice tonight in the span of 30 minutes where i typically only get it maybe once a week.

Id be interested to know if there's some sort of reset/refresh that my modem automatically does to do this? Is this modem too old? Is this normal?

I find it hard to believe modems are this unreliable to the point where I simply can no longer play HC by myself. If there's any article i couldn't find explaining a bit of my problem or some insight on how modems work (if this is normal) would be great.

the connection is dsl, wired.

Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]