Diablo® III

Ho ho ho! Tis the season!

Hey guys. I know you've seen my name a lot lately (wahoo) and I'm simply making a new topic to address this because my other thread has a few pages and so incase anyone misses it, I'll leave the info here.

I've asked a couple guys (Druin, Scrapz) to help me out with this (many others have offered to donate, and I will list your guys' name as well on the official giveaway topic) but what we're doing is each of us are setting up a set (I think druin is done with his, it's a tempest rush set) and me and scrapz (not sure if he's finished his set yet, I know I haven't) are setting up a couple sets that can suit mp6 (maybe 7 on my set, or even 8, depends on how cheap I can snipe some things :P) and we're going to be doing a giveaway.

I'm going to get my set together this weekend most likely, so if you guys would like to donate anything (I'm going to do a physical resistance monk) so for donations gold would be the most efficient one for me to accept. Simply because it's easier to build it piece by piece by using the AH, rather than me trying to set up together the whole thing working out certain pieces here and there. You guys are more than welcome to donate ANYTHING, whether it be 500k or whatever, everything helps and I will list ALL of you who have donated. Please don't take it the wrong way if I decline your donation, and I would only decline it if I felt I would have a hard time selling it to put that money towards the set, or if it simply wouldn't fit in with what I'm building. I will still give you an honorable mention in the giveaway topic :).

Now, anyways, I hope to have my set like I said built by this weekend. I'm going to (hopefully) find a time where druin and scrapz are on at the same time since we're sort of trifecta-hosting this event (really it's not just us 3, so many monks have offered to donate and I thank you all for doing so) and I'll make a topic showing the 3 of our sets. I was going to do a "1st, 2nd, 3rd" place sort of balloting, but I've decided that I'm just going to build the best set I can for <40m (+ whatever donations I get). I have yet to decide how we are going to pick the winners, but I think the fairest way would be to just put all the names into a random number generator and we pull 3 of numbers and then we'll have our winners.

Also, (druin and scrapz might be up for this as well, let me know if you guys or any other monks would like to help me) I'm going to be farming a lot of machines. I am going to offer a free uber service for the less fortunate monks and me + 2 others will carry you through mp10 and get you a hellfire ring. I know it's not as good as one of the sets we are offering, but hopefully some of you will appreciate this service as well. I figure I'll get about 15 machines or so, and I'll also pick 5 winners to tag along and do an mp10 uber run with me. I'd prefer it if you haven't gotten a hellfire ring yet to make it a little more special for you, let's say if you can only do mp2 or so, the chances of getting organ drops are slim to none. This way I can at least offer a litlte bit of fun for those of you who don't win the 3 sets we are donating.

Sorry for the wall of text, but give me a message if you guys would be willing to maybe farm some machines and run some lucky monks through their first mp10 uber experience, or if you'd like to donate.

SrslySam91#1775

Just send me a friend request and a brief message with either "donation, ubers, etc" and I'd like to personally thank scrapz and druin for agreeing to do this donation with me, and another big thanks to the whole monk community. Not to sound to cliche over a video game but some people just don't have the time to gear up and farm endless hours to find good stuff, and with the way the market has plummeted you need that one good game drop to really get you going so hopefully you guys will have a chance to win some pretty ballin sets that we are building, and 5 of you hopefully will get a good hellfire ring :D

Last, but not least - I'm still looking for more people to farm with (preferably if you use skype or ventrilo) because tempest rushing get's a little bland sometimes..and I enjoy farming some mp5-6 to go for better loot (and doing full act 3 runs) you don't have to have a certain amount of dps or whatever (I could carry 30 monks through mp5 haha) so let me know! My skype name is: Sam.Cerny so just add me on there or in game and we can exchange info.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
View profile
unfortunately, i'm sort of caught in the middle: i'm dirt-poor and don't have anything to donate, but i also think i'm doing ok enough that others are more deserving of any pressies you guys are donating.

happy holidays!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I support this thread!

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
SrslySam Claus and Scrapzy Claus and Dru ... oh wait, that doesn't work.

Kudos for this though, you guys are awesome!
Reply Quote
I support this thread.

I'll see what I can donate to the cause.
Reply Quote
awesome thread!!
I think I have a physcial chest piece somewhere... I'll go home and check and post it up to see if you want to use it or not
I'm jtrying to stock pile stuff from my barb's drop for my friend's monk but I don't think he'll get to lvl 60 anytime soon so might as well donate = )

ohh and can I put my name in as well for the receipient of the sets? ;)
Reply Quote
Couple questions. Do you stream at all? I like to watch streamers so I can learn more. (Been watching cdxliv (barb streamer) cause hes a pretty cool streamer.)

Also how do we get into the drawing for the gear giveaways or the Ubers run (I've never run Ubers yet)

I have really been wanting to get back into my Monk. I fell victim to the whole "barb op" thing and lately have been wanting to try out the tempest rush build but I really can't swing the gold to even get starter gear for it. Cheapest 4pc Inna items are millions of gold regardless of stat rolls and thats just for 4piece, much less trying to get an OK skorn or anything else to round out a decent set.

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread for updates.
Reply Quote
Tis is the seasons, now where are them ho ho hos? =X

I haven't even started on my set as I really don't know what our end goal is. I say we don't build the set until the week of christmas to see what donations we can come up with..

So far I have a budget set for 20m for my giveaway.. I wouldn't mind giving away the set in my profile either.

Thanks for organizing this Sam!
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm still kind of a poor monk, but would love to give to the cause. I'll add you in-game and offer old gear or some gold.
Reply Quote
View profile
RulDruin the Red Nosed Reindeer?
Reply Quote
cool so the chest peice is
375 armor
79 dex
253 vit
34 physic resist
3 OS

can you use this for your give away piece?
Reply Quote
Bump before I leave work.
Reply Quote
I have a few things to donate. I am a phy res monk so have some of my old gear in storage to give away. Sent you in game message.
Reply Quote
unfortunately, i'm sort of caught in the middle: i'm dirt-poor and don't have anything to donate, but i also think i'm doing ok enough that others are more deserving of any pressies you guys are donating.

happy holidays!

It's no problem matie. No one is obligated what so ever to donate, I just want to give everyone the chance to have some Christmas joy :D. You never know man. Some of you might be in the military and have to go on leave soon, or work doesn't allow them to play as much.

@Druin, @Piffle, @Cayzer, <3

awesome thread!!
I think I have a physcial chest piece somewhere... I'll go home and check and post it up to see if you want to use it or not
I'm jtrying to stock pile stuff from my barb's drop for my friend's monk but I don't think he'll get to lvl 60 anytime soon so might as well donate = )

ohh and can I put my name in as well for the receipient of the sets? ;)

Ello! Awesome man. I'll probably end up going with a 4 piece inna's set, or maybe just 2 piece the helm/pants and get a nice belt and chest. I'll keep your chest in mind while I prepare to sit down and figure out how I'm going to gear :D. Also you can absolutely enter to win. I'd like to just go on a "honor" system and if you guys really aren't struggling (I say struggling and I mean you can barely do mp1, 2, etc) but I'm not going to press the situation much. :)

Couple questions. Do you stream at all? I like to watch streamers so I can learn more. (Been watching cdxliv (barb streamer) cause hes a pretty cool streamer.)

Also how do we get into the drawing for the gear giveaways or the Ubers run (I've never run Ubers yet)

I have really been wanting to get back into my Monk. I fell victim to the whole "barb op" thing and lately have been wanting to try out the tempest rush build but I really can't swing the gold to even get starter gear for it. Cheapest 4pc Inna items are millions of gold regardless of stat rolls and thats just for 4piece, much less trying to get an OK skorn or anything else to round out a decent set.

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread for updates.

I don't stream at all, I wouldn't mind doing so but I think it would lag up my PC a bit. And you can get into the drawing just by making sure to check back these forums (probably this weekend) and we can start getting all the names in. That way we'll have a couple weeks before christmas and we can announce the winners. I'll post a thread, and you just write your name at the top. I'll add a bit more to the bottom of this post, and I"ll explain a bit more of the template I'll have you guys use to enter. And yeah man, Inna's is pretty cheap now but hey you never know, you might just get lucky! :)

Tis is the seasons, now where are them ho ho hos? =X

I haven't even started on my set as I really don't know what our end goal is. I say we don't build the set until the week of christmas to see what donations we can come up with..

So far I have a budget set for 20m for my giveaway.. I wouldn't mind giving away the set in my profile either.

Thanks for organizing this Sam!

I could definitely use some Ho ho ho's..anyway. Sounds good to me. Gives everyone a chance to be apart of it. I am getting a ton of adds for donations, so what I'm thinking is if I get enough pieces for a set, I might just give 40m to whoever I choose as the winner. (I've decided I'm going to pick the winner of my set, I'll elaborate later on in this post but I'd like to see who has the best story, and who I feel could use it the most) but thank ya sir, thanks for helping :D.

I'd really like to thank all of you guys. There is a few Wizards saying how their subforum is more helpful and relying than the monk forum. I think they are wrong. I've gotten so many adds from you guys who would like to donate. This is just a game, there are a lot of trolls on the internet (and these forums) but an act of kindness does go a long way. Many of you are getting home from overseas and you might have to be going back over, maybe you have a wife and kids and you don't have much spare time for yourself. Diablo 3 might be a game they like to play and would like to experience the grind that some of the more efficient monks feel. I would feel pretty good about donating a set to that guy. My hat goes off to all of you who have served this country.

What I'm going to do is this: Scrapz and Druin might choose differently or agree (let me know what you think) but I want to hear from you why you play a Monk, what you're struggling with in the game and what it would mean to you to win the set. (i.e; you could be a single parent and when you get on to play you can't maximize your time playing without dying all the time, etc and you have no time to really make more money) <-- (can't steal that :P)

I'll see what these 2 say about it, the only downfall is I wouldn't want to tell any of you guys that I think someone deserves it more than you. I wouldn't want to be disrespecting anyone or have a biased opinion on who it should go too. But as of now I think that's how I want my raffle to be won :).
Reply Quote
The thing with choosing a winner based on their story becomes a little too personal for me. It's hard to say whose story is better then whose.

I got a few donations myself and was able to build 2 beginner 50-60k dps sets with a little purchased from myself. It's not the greatest sets but will roll mp1 and farm up to mp5 . For these two sets, I'll probably pick just the people who need it the most and raffle it between those participants.

The 20-40M set I'll build will just be selected by a random number generator.
Reply Quote
I think it would be interesting for people to critique their own gear or offer up where they need upgrades. The whole, "give a man a fish and he'll eat dinner, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life" kind of thing. That way you aren't just handing out to someone who made a post about wanting gear for free, but you are giving it to someone who understands what they need to do to improve but just haven't gotten lucky with drops.
Reply Quote
Added to Skype. As mentioned in the other thread, I have a RAR ready of screenshots of the gear I can donate. Will send details on Skype. If your skype info is correct, you are also on EST in which case that makes it easy to arrange times. I'll be online probably from 6-9 but will leave Skype open in case you need to send a message.

If I end up running with Sam over Skype, I do game recordings (with Skype conversations) of L4D2 so can easily do some D3 ones should whoever I'm running with agree. I may not be the best but am willing to help where possible.

EDIT: And by help, I mean explain my own build or record the others running/speaking of their build.

For Uber runs, while I'm not sure how well I'd be in MP10 at current gear, if I can find/borrow gear to handle it, I have 9 machines ready to go on my end if that helps at all. I know I can survive a good chunk of MP8 as long as I don't solo.
Edited by IcemanF1#1907 on 12/13/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Ice - I can carry MP10 with 1 other player (even if you're down) if you're interested

Also, Sam, I have a couple pieces I can donate
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Piffle
I think it would be interesting for people to critique their own gear or offer up where they need upgrades. The whole, "give a man a fish and he'll eat dinner, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life" kind of thing. That way you aren't just handing out to someone who made a post about wanting gear for free, but you are giving it to someone who understands what they need to do to improve but just haven't gotten lucky with drops.

Anything to combat the endless "UPGRAED WAT???" threads
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]