Diablo® III

Ho ho ho! Tis the season!

@Ice - I can carry MP10 with 1 other player (even if you're down) if you're interested

Also, Sam, I have a couple pieces I can donate

Will keep in mind. So far, I'm building machines to help runs with a DH friend who can't do high MP. The reason why I know I can do MP8 is I got a Barb and his friend(s) to help when me and my friend have enough for ubers. While my friend dies a lot in that, I seems to survive quite a bit as long as I'm not the sole person. I can sustain but just can't do a lot of damage to help clear things fast. I'm more, weaken the target and let them take more damage while I survive to help the others do the DPS.

I'm just offering my machines for this cause if I had some way to survive longer in MP10 to help less fortunate monks.
Reply Quote
OK cool - Yeah I'll offer that up anyway, I do in gen chat all the time to combat the uber sellers - I offer free carries MP10 1 player MP9 two players MP8 three players if they bring IMs..

The hotshots selling uber runs for 5-7 mil get on my nerves

So yeah, in addition to a couple choice pieces of gear, I'll donate uber carries to whoever wants them
Reply Quote
Glad to see the christmas joy spreading!

Btw, just got a HUGE donation from @Leorrix, I received 200m from him.

:)

Everyone should thank him a ton! The set I can put together now can be suitable for (I'm guessing) MP9 or even MP10.

It'll take some will power though. I might have to enter this raffle if the set is better than my current!
Reply Quote
Glad to see the christmas joy spreading!

Btw, just got a HUGE donation from @Leorrix, I received 200m from him.

:)

Everyone should thank him a ton! The set I can put together now can be suitable for (I'm guessing) MP9 or even MP10.

It'll take some will power though. I might have to enter this raffle if the set is better than my current!

/boggle
Reply Quote
Woah! Crazy! If only I could get some of that gear to bump up my own gear. I could then give my gear down to a lower.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey Sam,

I have some thoughts regarding the raffle.

1. I totally understand wanting to give the set/sets to people who will really use them to good effect but as some have stated, picking winners can lead to bias even if you don't intend to. (one of the downsides to being Human and not a computer!)

My idea would be a compromise between the two. Have it so that to enter the Raffle each Monk will post a simple short story of why they would like to receive a Monk set for Christmas and then, you (with help from us if you want) can screen the entries. Each person whose story seems to fit the bill for "yea that guy really could use a set!" will get entered to win. Then just pick randomly from those who have been entered.

(Ideally 100% of applicants would be entered but some people don't really understand that the magic of a gift requires it not to be instantly re-soled on the AH for profit :P)

2. If you seriously just got a 200m donation I would highly recommend making several smaller sets rather than one super set. Going from rags to riches might be the American Dream but it's not all that great of a feeling if it happens over-night through someone else.

I think the best gift we could give would be the gift of opportunity. I know from personal experience that it feels really bad to know that something CAN be done but you can't do it because you simply don't have the time. This is the case for a lot of monks and Inferno farming. They know that if they only had the gear, they could farm that Inferno up and that would get more gear and then they could farm faster ... ect. It's the starting part that is hard.

You could do something like spend 25m on 8 different sets that would each allow one Monk to make the jump from "just hit 60" to "farming Inferno like a boss" and then they could forge their own path ahead filled with glorious loot!

3. You might want to split the Raffle up or at least have people specify which sets they are interested in. I don't think everyone would be equally interested in being a TR monk vs a FoT:TC monk and I wouldn't want someone who was really hoping for one kind of set end up with another! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
I think that's actually a really good idea Druin. Thanks for offering it!

Yeah. I was shocked that he donated 200m. Seriously though if you guys see @Leorrix (that's his in game name, not sure if it's his forum name as well) you need to give him a big thank you. I was only going to shovel out about 40 million of my own gold, and I asked him several times if he was sure he wanted to donate something as huge as 200m and he said he wanted to help out the community.

I love this. This may be a game, but it's a very good cause. It might be cliche to say it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I do love the fact that certain people can come together who don't even know each other IRL and organize something like this to help out less fortunate. But Leorrix gave a huge donation. I do not expect that much guys just so you know, whether it's 50k gold or 100k gold a donation is a donation to go towards a good cause.

This is going to be really fun and I'm very thankful to all of you guys who are helping. Druin, I might split up the money between you and Scrapz and that way each of us can make a few sets? Sounds good to me.

Also my prayers goes out to anybody in the Connecticut area. Tragedy strikes again and it shows that we still have some sick idiots in this world..I pray that none of you had any family involved or friends involved, and if you did my hearts and condolences go out to you.
Reply Quote
awwwwwwww yeahhhhh. I'mma be 60m richer!!!!!

Big thanks to Leorixx for that generous donation. It's definitely going to make a few people's Christmas this year.

We've got to get together and talk this on vent or mumble.. I'll probably order a mumble for us tonight..
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
awwwwwwww yeahhhhh. I'mma be 60m richer!!!!!

Big thanks to Leorixx for that generous donation. It's definitely going to make a few people's Christmas this year.

We've got to get together and talk this on vent or mumble.. I'll probably order a mumble for us tonight..

^goodguy scrapz!
Reply Quote
Can't be more happy. I was the second prize winner and i got away with 2 items! Not that i bargain my way to them...ahahaha. Cayzer is such a nice person, as many other monks around, that thought us to share, lets follow their example, i will.
Reply Quote
I have vent/mumble/skype. So let me know if you want to just get together via skype or whatever so we can discuss how we wanna work this out!
Reply Quote
Sam,

If this thread is still going and such, I have a few pieces to donate that I think you might be interested in. Added you in game - Silver#1169.
Reply Quote
Yes @Silver it still is going on!

Currently I've given 50m to @Druin to build some sets, I also gave 80m to @Piffle to build a few.

I have 40m left I'm going to give @Scrapz to build his, and we'll hold the raffle the week of xmas. Not sure on the exact date, but we'll discuss and figure it out.

I will still be offering free hellfire services as well, for those who have yet to get their first hellfire ring. I will supply the machines, so any of you other higher end monks who can do mp10 are more than welcome to join me and get some machines ready :).
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I built one of the two sets I plan on making from that 50m.

Hit the 25m mark almost dead on the nose!

View it in its entirety here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Druin-1518/hero/29149975

Was able to get 70m+ xp/hr with the set + spec on my plvl15 monk! :D

Edit: cost included gems!
Edited by Druin#1518 on 12/17/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sam,

Let me know if you were going to use any of the gear I offered. Just waiting on if you needed any pieces to help out at all.
Reply Quote
Hey Iceman. Give me a call via skype sometime (I think that's you who added me correct?) and we can discuss it again. I think you had a few items that were attractive and would be of good use :).

@Druin looks good dude. I gave piffle 120m to make my sets, and I lost 30m to some one named "Joel" (was his name on the game as well, don't know his exact battle tag) anyway he added me on skype and we talked for a bit and wanted to help build sets. Gave the lad 30m to help out with (his gear was pretty superior, 30m should of been like a penny to him) and he goes and blocks me =X.

Some people have great christmas spirit..meh oh well. I will keep farming and hopefully I can make the 30m back up so another lucky guy can get a set. Unfortunate we have people these days who already have billions in gear but get greedy for a mere 30m :(.

Piffle better not run off or I"ll hunt him down :D.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
That is insane to me ... 30m gold would literally never be worth being a bad person over.

<sigh>

Some people.
Reply Quote
That's what I was thinking.

I mean geez, I could of sold the 200m for like 70 bucks. But I decided to do the humane thing and help the monk community instead :D.
Reply Quote
WTH?!

@_@ at Joel. Jeebus.

I say GW Sam.
I have a set of gloves I found the other day if you want them?

230 dex
~60 AR
45CD
6.0CC
and some int.
Edited by Weegee#6520 on 12/18/2012 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not going to say it surprises me. Alot of these top tier geared people got it from scamming. People these days -_-

If you want, I'll donate 15m. I'm kinda burnt on building sets lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]