Diablo® III

Jay Wilson in all his insolence

(Locked)

http://twitter.com/Angryrobotics/status/278591149302755328

Am I the only one who thinks that's not just disgraceful, but also extremely insolent?
"Why?" you might ask. Here's why:

The way I see it we should have gotten PvP in the same year we bought the game.
Please, don't tell me that's unreasonable expectation, it's not like we bought the game a month or two ago. It's been almost SEVEN MONTHS and we're still waiting on a content for which we already payed for.

I don't mind so much the fact that the content is still unavailable. What I mind is the insolence in Jay Wilson's tweet:
"We are not likely to post a PvP update until the end of the month. That's all I'll say about that."
So after there's been just about seven months since the release of the game Jay says that they are not likely to give us an update until the end of the month (which for the record means until the end of the year) and that's all he has to say about that.

How about a freaking apology? That would be a good start.

I mean Mike Morhaime did apologize last year, because Blizz couldn't meet the expectations for Diablo3 to come out in 2011. Whether these expectations are reasonable or not is open to debate, but he still showed the decency to address the player base (and mind you not on a third party site like twitter, but on official Blizzard site) and apologized.

What in my mind is beyond the shadow of a doubt is that the expectation for the PvP content to come out this year was more than reasonable.
The development team do owe us both an update AND apology for delaying content which should have been available at release, yet Jay Wilson doesn't seem to think this way or at least that's the impression his tweet left me with. That is why I feel this particular tweet is filled with insolence.

The development team doesn't owe you anything and you did not pay for content you didn't get. Show me where on the diablo box it discusses the game having PvP

You disgust me. People who want to argue against their own best interests should just save everyone the trouble and jump off a bridge.
If there isn't an apology when the update comes out I would be surprised. I agree with you that apologizing to the community would be a nice gesture but they don't owe you anything. How some of you pretend the developers are out to get you or want to make your lives miserable I don't understand but that is part of your problem. Blizzard is not going out of their way to delay an otherwise finished product. Its not ready and they don't want to release it until it is. That doesn't mean they can't talk about it but why would they? Anything they say is quoted and shoved down their throats. They want PvP out probably just as much as you do. Just relax, it will come.
Edited by Whitelytning#1163 on 12/12/2012 4:09 PM PST
12/12/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Whitelytning
If there isn't an apology when the update comes out I would be surprised. I agree with you that apologizing to the community would be a nice gesture but they don't owe you anything. How some of you pretend the developers are out to get you or want to make your lives miserable I don't understand but that is part of your problem. Blizzard is not going out of their way to delay an otherwise finished product. Its not ready and they don't want to release it until it is. That doesn't mean they can't talk about it but why would they? Anything they say is quoted and shoved down their throats. They want PvP out probably just as much as you do. Just relax, it will come.

Technically they do owe us PvP or else face false advertisement claims.
12/12/2012 04:06 PMPosted by ODDBALL
You disgust me. People who want to argue against their own best interests should just save everyone the trouble and jump off a bridge.

No, it's just some of us would like do argue with a sense of dignity...and not act like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum.
12/12/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Macgerailt
Maybe they can "slap" it on just like the game was "slapped" together in a few months. I can not believe this took several years to put together.

it probably didnt that is the issue. The team which finished Diablo 3 is not the same team which started the development.

One can only guess what happend in that time of course, but I would not be surprised if the new team changed a lot of the game, story and gameplay compared to what the previous team had in mind. I would not be surprised if the project was on ice for several months before they had enough people for a new team, I mean its painfully obvious how many of the D3 developers actually fit more in to WoW, from the weapon design, to the characters and some of the gameplay mechanics. I am not saying D3 is a clone from WoW, as it isnt, but many of the design choices simply scream WoW in your eyes, particularly the look of most of the armor for example which really dont feel much Diablo like to me.

I think you can see this on the late game content like the highest tier armor which is to far away from Diablo. The items with a lower level look actually a lot more like from a Diablo game.

Who knows where the work from the "old" team starts and the "new" team begins?
I don't think Jay is insolent. I do think he's the public face for a number of design decisions that he probably did not make, but must defend. Cut the guy some slack. Insulting him is just shooting the messenger.
I dont see "PvP" on this box.....

http://www.leetgamesblog.com/diablo-iii-manual-pictures

I own a digital version, so I obviously don't have a point of reference, was there a series of these boxes that had "PvP" on them?

If so, can anyone show me this? (or is it just "insolent" children trying to bolster their arguement?)
Edited by AudioCG#1473 on 12/12/2012 4:50 PM PST
Ignore the false advertising stuff, they don't know what they are talking about.
Go punch a baby or something. You may blame it on Jay Wilson.

And while you're at it, get anger management therapy.
well to me, the entire diablo 3 team seems to speak before thinking...bashiok for example, lost his job, because he said " that items on the auction house, and rmah affect the drop rate of items in game"....now that just confirmed for every speculator tin-foil hat theorist out there that indeed the drop rates ARE rigged.....been 4 months since bashiok has posted back in these forums after making that comment, rolling jay and the deceitful team under the bus.

freedom of speech is indeed free...but it can and will come with severe conciquences 99% of the time ( bashiok job loss for example).

so for jay wilson to say something, then go back on that, then go back on that AGAIN is ok, if you work for blizzard i suppose....

money is not in truth, but in lies and swift hands.
so for me, its not a matter of omg pvp isint out yet, or omg they lied again to us....becuase apparently that is how they want us to perceive them from now on, not faith in promises or good word, but faith in little blue posts about kittys and 2 handed barbarians, that come once every 5 days, without the least little morsel of knowledge of whats going on behind the curtain.
the arrogance and nerve of this man! ooooOOOOHhhhhHHHHhhhhhhh i get so mad, he really pushed my buttons this time with his comments. The insolence i tell you!
Community Manager
12/12/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Noxifer
Am I the only one who thinks that's not just disgraceful, but also extremely insolent?

If you wish to discuss the game, its mechanics, or feedback you may have for how we can improve either, this is the best location to do so. However, if you wish only to lob insults at our development staff and not engage constructively on the topic, I'll have to encourage you to take the discussion elsewhere.

While I sincerely respect your opinions, I do not respect the way in which you are voicing them. If you want to recreate this thread and change its tone to something more appropriate for these forums, you've my support. Just make sure that your thread is civil and abides by our posting guidelines, cool?

Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2

12/12/2012 05:12 PMPosted by NevahDie
so for me, its not a matter of omg pvp isint out yet, or omg they lied again to us....becuase apparently that is how they want us to perceive them from now on, not faith in promises or good word, but faith in little blue posts about kittys and 2 handed barbarians, that come once every 5 days, without the least little morsel of knowledge of whats going on behind the curtain.

It's convenient how you ignore all the other posts we've made simply to further your own opinion and/or agenda. Please stop. =/
Edited by Lylirra on 12/12/2012 6:03 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]