Diablo® III

AUSSIE PLAYERS 12/12 3007 cant log in ?

Hey guys, i only know how to use and play the computer, not the whole networking things and complicated stuff like that

But is it safe to change DNS??? especially to public DNS such as googleDNS?
Elthiriul you come across as incredibly bright so might i ask as to why your barbarian has a sword in his main hand?
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
@JuggerKing: Changing your DNS is fine it won't effect anything badly or cause any issues.

Googles public DNS is great and fast(hey it's google) and you can always change it back later if you like.
Yes changing your dns will not cause any problems at all, unless google dns servers suddenly dissappear, Internode probably has their server's specifically grabbing their updates from google dns server therefore their internal network (being Internode) dns server's updated quicker than the rest.
Changed my DNS to use google servers 8.8.8.8
Flushed the cache and now on

Works.
Deathadder - because a sword grants 15% dmg bonus, axe 10% crit bonus, mighty weapon more fury, my barb already has high enough crit chance and no problems with fury at all unless I fail too keep the process going myself, so therfore 15% dmg was the extra bonus I needed. Hope that clears it up for you.
i am from Melbourne and also cannot got on, having the same 3007 issues
Thats 10% crit "chance" not crit damage bonus,the dps gain from this is a lot more than your 15% dmg bonus, im not being a smart !@#$ crit chance is a very expensive stat, I just want you to get the most out of your character :)
dns 8.8.8.8 worked for me
Thanks Stormyknight, the 8.8.8.8 change worked, finally in!
well seems they changed the servers ip address and it hasnt updated on all dns servers yet. this could take up to 2 days lol hope its not that but it sure sounds like it..

i cant login either :D
once again for people who missed the solution:

Change your TCP/IP v4 primary dns to the google free dns server's

or alternatively read previous page's in the forum thread to find step-by-step instructions.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393109275?page=7#130
@Narull (or another who can connect)

Can you run a ping/tracert to us.actual.battle.net and tell me the IP you get back

If it is a DNS issue it should be pointing you to a different IP address.

Based on an error report in the other thread (and my own connection) we are being directed to PING us.actual.battle.net (12.130.244.193) 56(84) bytes of data. We cannot connect to the service.

I want to see if your DNS server directs you to a different IP
Server Authentication window comes up and times out on the connecting part
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12.130.244.193 is the IP I'm getting.

I thought about the server IP changing but it hasn't seemed too.

Something changed during the maint, but I feel we may never find out what unless Blizz tell us.
well i been geting same thing all morn wtf is going on will reinstale work any one know ?
To change my DNS, its asking for subnet mask??? Whats that?
well now says i lost con to server login agian wtf
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/11/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Tuwarwego
To change my DNS, its asking for subnet mask??? Whats that?

Clicking it should auto enter it, if not 255.255.255.0

12/11/2012 02:52 PMPosted by CODSTA
well i been geting same thing all morn wtf is going on will reinstale work any one know ?

Reinstalling will not fix this, it is an ISP DNS issue, it will fix itself but take time, the only fix for now is changing your DNS to a public DNS.
the Dns switch works playing now, just wondering once the issue is fixed, should i switch back?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]