Diablo® III

Thoughts on CM/EB Wiz Build

I was thinking something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQYXhO!Zbg!YYZacc

I've been trying it out on SC and it seems just fine - I think it works well with a good Lidless Wall as well.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
View profile
Hmmm.... deja vu

I (still) see problems with your build
1. You have 2 big ap spenders (ww 35ap and chain reaction 20 ap) but no ap boosting skills (astral presence, arconot, ....), unless you find great apoc gear (unlikely) you should replace one of those skills with a signature spell. Otherwise you will find yourself out of AP and out of luck really fast.

2. This isn't softcore where the AH is fully stocked with everything you could possibly want. You need enough CC, IAS, and APOC gear to pull that build off and you may not be able to find it or afford it.

Do not be tempted to trade Resistance, Armor, and HP to get improved CC, IAS, and APOC. It will be a fatal mistake. Learn to kite with a wizard. You'll spend a lot of time doing that before you find gear to make the above build possible.

I.... partially agree.

Get rid of evocation and put on astral presence. You'll want the extra Arcane pool to work with.

That being said, the build is not dependent on DPS, so it allows for cheap starting gear.

CC
AR
Vit

and IAS where applicable

are all that you REALLY need to start out.

I made a really long CM/WW guide a while back, maybe I'll bump it to the top for you
Reply Quote
Listen to Dutch, I followed his hc wiz guide and currently reck with very low dps. Also it is insanely fun. I can easily see being able to handle mp3-4 once I finish the rest of my pieces (only bought 3 so far different from what I was already using when I first hit 60- helm, dagger, and off hand). As I upgrade each piece I'll be switching to dual mod with crit + attack speed on each.

You can view my profile but I may have been playing around with different combinations last night so may not be the correct group of skills.

My recommendation is read Dutch's stuff.

Also if you can't afford a socketed or crit damage chantodo's I have gotten really good utility out of this wiz spike so far. 950+ ones can be had for less than 2 mil and they always roll 1.65-1.66 attack speed.
Reply Quote
View profile
Listen to Dutch, I followed his hc wiz guide and currently reck with very low dps. Also it is insanely fun. I can easily see being able to handle mp3-4 once I finish the rest of my pieces (only bought 3 so far different from what I was already using when I first hit 60- helm, dagger, and off hand). As I upgrade each piece I'll be switching to dual mod with crit + attack speed on each.

You can view my profile but I may have been playing around with different combinations last night so may not be the correct group of skills.

My recommendation is read Dutch's stuff.

Also if you can't afford a socketed or crit damage chantodo's I have gotten really good utility out of this wiz spike so far. 950+ ones can be had for less than 2 mil and they always roll 1.65-1.66 attack speed.

Did you by chance buy that spike within the last few days? for 1.5M? ;)

Cuz that's the one I just sold I think XD

Thank you for kind words, also
Edited by TheDutchMan#1443 on 12/12/2012 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sure did =)
Reply Quote
View profile
Dutch is da man... just don't force your build when you don't have the gear for it. Be patient and you'll eventually find in game or in the AH what you need.

@TDM
I would also be interested in reading your guide. Definitely bump it up and I'll bookmark it

Its near the bottom of page one :) It's sort of long and drawn out but I didn't want to leave out details :/
Reply Quote
I'm not familiar with your posts, I'll look into them thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]