Diablo® III

How well could you do...

... with an all Blue or all White item build?

I'm curious to try this out for fun and wondering if anyone has done so already.
Reply Quote
That is definitely on my list of things to play around with after hitting para 100. Curious to see which level of difficulty would still be doable!

I also have a set of all found gear I constantly tweak around with and a set of transparent non-legendary items and Oni Blade to look totally Monkish :)

Join some Pub games and see if I can convince them this is all I ever use!
Reply Quote
This is a cool idea. One of the difficult parts would be that the AH becomes kinda useless. People don't tend to spend time and one of their 10 AH slots selling stuff like that. I approve of this challenge. I may just try and take it up just as soon as my first HC Monk dies. (Or maybe I should just do it in HC?)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Demiwraith
This is a cool idea. One of the difficult parts would be that the AH becomes kinda useless. People don't tend to spend time and one of their 10 AH slots selling stuff like that. I approve of this challenge. I may just try and take it up just as soon as my first HC Monk dies. (Or maybe I should just do it in HC?)

good point regarding the AH. I may just spend an hour of farming like normal and see what whites and blues pop up.
Reply Quote
So I grabbed the best white items I could find in a brief inferno run. Did some test runs and it gets interesting at Hell difficulty. In normal mode everything is pretty much one shot. Nightmare is not bad either. But in Hell you have to start thinking about healing and damage mitigation from skills. I recommend it as a change of pace challenge. I'm rockin' 3k armor, 7200 hp, and just under 1200 dps. My profile should be updated with it, in case you're tired of gawking over the gear of those other monks with 2 billion dps ;)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Demiwraith
One of the difficult parts would be that the AH becomes kinda useless

Definitely. I tried to see if I could buy an Oni blade on AH and there were none to be found. Then after spending a few days picking up Oni's off the ground I realized I could craft one!

Both the aspect of actually caring about picking up an Oni blade off the ground as well as discovering a use for crafting brought a bit of a spark back to the game :)

Between drops and crafting I have a not to be 'Skorned' at semi-decent 2H Oni.

Hmmm....maybe I could try an all 'first time only' crafted items build...

12/12/2012 08:18 PMPosted by grabowski
But in Hell you have to start thinking about healing and damage mitigation from skills.

That is the fun part - without the crutch of higher end AH (LS, LOH, Resis...) gear we have to learn play.

And by the way...we won't be using OWE with all whites equipped.

Cool Beans!
Edited by FatherFish#1169 on 12/13/2012 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

That is the fun part - without the crutch of higher end AH (LS, LOH, Resis...) gear we have to learn play.

And by the way...we won't be using OWE with all whites equipped.

Cool Beans!

Yep, no need for OWE for the all white items setup. The strategy I'm rolling with now is MoH Boon of Inspiration for life reg and loh. I had to kite quite a bit for the elites in act 1 hell, and died a few times, but so far a good challenge and interesting change up.
Reply Quote
Also, if anyone is up for some multi player in this fashion send me request!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]