Diablo® III

error 3007..

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I agree Blizzard changed something, what I'm not sure. Changing the server IP would cause it but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't know DNS issues well enough to speculate more(although a networking MVP is seeing what he can findout).

It's kinda hard for Blizz to predict, I mean clearly the US DNS servers updated quick and for some reason Internode did as well, but almost every other ISP in ANZ hasn't.

I can't really explain that one...
Reply Quote
im in NEw Zealand trying to connect to America server....
Reply Quote
Is there anyway we can force our ISP's to update it - I am by no means a networking expert but feel kinda frustrated as I am not able to change my DNS and so cannot fix anything despite knowing there is an easy fix...
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Narull
It's kinda hard for Blizz to predict, I mean clearly the US DNS servers updated quick and for some reason Internode did as well, but almost every other ISP in ANZ hasn't.

This does not make sense to me given that internode runs of telstra and iinet DSLAMs in exchanges...not to mention iinet owns internode and I am currently having issues logging on (I am with iinet).

EDIT: btw the reason why the DNS change works is you are routing through another server so instead of it going Server > AU hub > Exchange > PC it goes Server > DNS > AU hub > Exchange > PC.
Edited by Lynchy#1868 on 12/11/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
im in NEw Zealand trying to connect to America server....
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/11/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Lynchy

This does not make sense to me given that internode runs of telstra and iinet DSLAMs in exchanges...not to mention iinet owns internode and I am currently having issues logging on (I am with iinet).

iinet may own internode but node still has a lot of it's own network and must be doing something different.

Also internode don't run off telstra they have a lot of there own DSLAMS Australia wide that they installed over the last few years before iinet took over.
Reply Quote
I'm also unable to get in (it's been down for over 12 hours). Tried the DNS fix but it didn't work - still getting error 3007.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Narull
Also internode don't run off telstra they have a lot of there own DSLAMS Australia wide that they installed over the last few years before iinet took over.

Every ISP at some point uses telstra DSLAMs due to telstra not providing the ISP with slots for their own DSLAMs in the exchange.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/11/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Lynchy

Every ISP at some point uses telstra DSLAMs due to telstra not providing the ISP with slots for their own DSLAMs in the exchange.

Well yes, but I meant they have a lot of there own DSLAMs too, my bad for not being clear.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I honestly don't know how changing which DNS server you use is able to fix this, because I've tried various Optus namesevers and they're returning the correct information for us.actual.battle.net. There must be another hostname here that I'm missing. If I find that I might be able to tell some nameservers to bypass their cache, fixing the problem. Otherwise this could be a problem for up to 24 hours.
It wouldn't surprise me if Telstra was the issue here... do NZ connections to the rest of the world move through Telstra as well?
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Maged
I honestly don't know how changing which DNS server you use is able to fix this, because I've tried various Optus namesevers and they're returning the correct information for us.actual.battle.net. There must be another hostname here that I'm missing. If I find that I might be able to tell some nameservers to bypass their cache, fixing the problem. Otherwise this could be a problem for up to 24 hours.

12/11/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Lynchy
the reason why the DNS change works is you are routing through another server so instead of it going Server > AU hub > Exchange > PC it goes Server > DNS > AU hub > Exchange > PC.
Reply Quote

Not bad for you're first post in months -.-
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile

He isn't a D3 MVP mate, he posts on other forums. I let everyone know about the issues so others are trying to help. No need to have a go at people trying to help.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
12/11/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Lynchy

the reason why the DNS change works is you are routing through another server so instead of it going Server > AU hub > Exchange > PC it goes Server > DNS > AU hub > Exchange > PC.

DNS has nothing to do with routing, except in the case that the hostname resolves to a different IP address in different locations, which isn't the case here.

Interestingly enough, someone at Blizzard was able to reproduce the error on one computer, but not the other, despite having the same settings. So, it's being looked into.

12/11/2012 03:14 PMPosted by eberhard

I try to respond more to emergencies these days, especially if they're networking-related, since that's where I excel.
He said routing through a server not that DNS had anything to do with routing.

Read a post before commenting on it
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Maged
I try to respond more to emergencies these days, especially if they're networking-related, since that's where I excel.

Lol'd at this after reading your posts
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
He said routing through a server not that DNS had anything to do with routing.

Read a post before commenting on it

When you get the exact same response from two different nameservers, the path that your packets of data take won't change if you switch between them. Now, the path might change anyway, but if it does, that's a result of something else changing the path (which will happen normally on the internet all the time). It's quite possible that the only thing that changing your DNS settings do in this case is cause you to have a few minutes where you aren't trying to connect to Battle.net, possibly resulting in a different path taken compared to your earlier connections.
same issue, Australian, cant connect to D3
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Getting the same error message also 3007 now though I was getting error 33 earlier.
Edited by Theredevil#1812 on 12/11/2012 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]