Diablo® III

Got $500m to spend... what to upgrade?

Finally been saving up for a while and... I think it's time for some upgrade.

SW build focusing on attack speed to bump up damage and LoH. Not very high as you can see but hope I can get some gears to dump me up to at least 100-120k dps unbuffed. Right now I'm at about 75k unbuffed.

Thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/ffKHK.png
I've got some eq's for sale. let me know if you r interested.Was on 110k dps and could have been even higher with better weapon. price r pretty decent. u can check on the ah. sold the skorn thou. left with inna chest,ammy and visage.
If you are looking for Loh then mayb my ammy is not for u . my inna will giv u huge amount of vit + life %. Alternative to that, u can consider tal rasha chest which gives u AS. but u have to compensate the vit elsewhere (prolly from vileward with >150vit which will cost u a tonne) . Visage on the other hand is a poor man's mempo. Alternative to that u can go for inna if u need spirit regen for TR.

Try to get max LS from weapon n max loh from ammy. High AR on other eqs (abit costly thou). Flawless star on armour and radiant star on weapon (that way u can save some $ on getting other eq since emeralds are so rediculously exp)
Reply Quote
I think I'll take 3 and 4.

I have sent you a friend request in the game. Let's make a deal then :)
Reply Quote
since u r doing it with this huge budget, i recommend gearing toward not using owe
Reply Quote
View profile
With $500M you should be the #1 Monk in the world, easily.
Reply Quote
With $500m u should contact blizzard for perfect roll items
Reply Quote
With 500m, you should easily hit 150-175k DPS, and still be able to do it without gearing towards OWE(in case of a nerf).
Reply Quote
I think I'll take 3 and 4.

I have sent you a friend request in the game. Let's make a deal then :)

Odds that you spend more on those than you would on comparable gear you could find in the AH? ... probably pretty high.
Reply Quote
Dude with that budget you should just get Witching Hour, Nat ring with crit, Nat boots with > 150 dex, lacunis with crit and i'd recommend you to switch to dual wield. It's more efficient when you want to get high dps.

On paper you get higher dps with a 2h weapon but effectively you lose dps.
Reply Quote
Believe it or not I've been saving up since 1.02.

However I'm pretty sure the good stuff on AH are pretty much nothing but trolling in terms of price. Thus why I was looking for some private deals around here instead of spending like a headless fly in AH.

I just got into the higher DPS club and don't know what's next for a better build. That was the reason why I was asking for some opinions and ideas.
Reply Quote
buy gems
Reply Quote
I got an awesome ammy, 50 avg dmg, 9cc, 9IAS, and 180 dex for sell for only 50m if you are interested,

also a really good off hand with LS, 840 dps, 280 DEX!!!, 65 CD, OS, and 2.5 LS for 50m as well

Add me if you are interested, I might have some other things you will be interested.
Reply Quote
Yea, with that budget, I would expect no less than 160K DPS monk that is very survivable. Since you have been saving so well and so patiently, I would suggest not blowing it all at once on whatever is on the AH right now, but to continue being patient and look for good deals for each piece.

First off, I would suggest a damage calculator http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/ to ensure your upgrade is getting you an expected bump in dps. Nextly, when you get legendary and set items, it is probably worth it to make sure all the random attributes are helpful to your build (like your Vile Ward is very upgradeable since one of the random rolls is pretty useless and the other one is half useless, your Inna's Temperance has MF on it...).

I think a glove upgrade would go super far. More dex. You can use the damage calculator to determine when a slightly lower AIS or CC glove still does more damage because it has much more dex (175 ish) on it. With your budget, I would get vitality on it too.

I think it's too late cuz your profile changed the weapons, but a single Shen Long's is a waste and lifesteal is way better than LoH when you are @ the 150K+DPS level you should be at. I would re-work these.

A Witching hour belt with Dex, your elemental Resist, Vit (or life %). Checked out mine and put it into the damage calculator for your profile and it would give you a 9k DPS boost. If you're scared of the defensive loss since your current belt has lots of Vit, go with elemental resist, vit, life%. I checked it out in the damage calculator, and if my belt had 0 dex, it would still boost you by 7k DPS.

Would suggest you keep your eyes peeled for Vile Ward with 201+ Dex, your elemental resistance, and vit rolls. With more resist here, you can shift some out from your bracers and get one with more offensive stats while maintaining the same level of resistance.

Your jewelry could be reworked too. I would keep your eyes peeled for similar stats, except either with your elemental resistance, or with a good average damage modifier.

Nat's Reflection + Boots can be really good as long as you invest in ones with good stats, especially the ring (Avg dmg modifier, crit damage, Dex over 101 + Vit), will not be worth it if you get a crappy ring and crappy boots just for the set bonus. Look for boots with 170+ dex and either your elemental resist or vit.
Reply Quote
MasterBeta:

Thank you for such a detailed suggestion! For sure I am going to study it for benefits.
Reply Quote
Actually I haven't bought anything off the forum yet. Still looking around in the AH for a good deal as well.
Reply Quote
500 mill id buy a island
Reply Quote
@TOY I'm interested at the Inna Chest piece. What's your BIN on it?
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Elcarim
@TOY I'm interested at the Inna Chest piece. What's your BIN on it?

Im selling for 88m. You can survey the Ah for the pricing b4 u get back to me. Definately cheaper than ah cause they are selling for at least 100m.
Sent u a friend request in case you are interested. if not i farm uber sometimes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]