Diablo® III

Dying like a bug in MP3 -_-

can anyone enlighten me please? base on the item i'm wearing right now what am i lacking other den vita? i'm like dying in MP3 like a bug being squashed...

i have no idea what does all the short forms of EHP, OWE, etc etc means... and would like to understand that too
Reply Quote
My monk ( who was retired since 1.0, I'm still working on him) absolutely rofflestomps mp1-5. Havn't tried more yet.
Try my build? Get life on hit ( unlike with Barb, life on hit is very effective.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DamageInc-1846/hero/15300749
Edited by DamageInc#1846 on 12/13/2012 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
ehp - effective health points - check d3up for the amount of ehp you have..you need about 500,000 ehp w/out dodge to do mp5...so you probably need like 300,000 ehp.

OWE - one with everything

it looks like you may neeed to stack more lightning res...and also you need to increase your hp to about 35,000.
Reply Quote
alright thx but i have roughly 477 All resist tho
Reply Quote
can anyone enlighten me please? base on the item i'm wearing right now what am i lacking other den vita? i'm like dying in MP3 like a bug being squashed...

i have no idea what does all the short forms of EHP, OWE, etc etc means... and would like to understand that too

your gear are fine, you are only lacking in crit chance.
but you are trying to go 'glass cannon' style with that gearing pattern.

also, that build is jacked up,
the cookie cutter is obsolete and only good when your stats are rounded or higher dps.

watch this video and you'll see what the problem here is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WBryr4-uQE
Reply Quote
whats a glass cannon? high atk but paper defense? Lol..

I'm still missing out some gears yet to get my gold from my buddy yet.. so will build up with the next 300-400mil...
Reply Quote
whats a glass cannon? high atk but paper defense? Lol..

I'm still missing out some gears yet to get my gold from my buddy yet.. so will build up with the next 300-400mil...

lmao. you don't need 500 million. that would get you facerolling mp8-10, if I can faceroll 5 with maybe 20 million.
Honestly the gear requirement for MP3 isn't high. You probably need to adjust your gear, play style, or stop standing in bad.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 12:06 AMPosted by aki95
maybe this could help your a little bit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004698754
Reply Quote
nah its just that he owe me over the mths of playing he's giving me back lol... what gear i need to change? what is standing in bad?
Reply Quote
There's a few problems I see that is causing you to drop like a bug in MP3:

Your resist is too low, need around 500+
Your hp is too low, need around 35k+ (you can do with 30k if your sustain/mitigation is high, but both of them are low right now)
Your life sustain is low, only 2.9LS and 313 LOH and only around 400 LPS. At 84k DPS, LS aren't that effective, better to stack more LOH (recommend 1k LOH - Weapon 700+ ring 300 is enough)

Whilst one of the above being an issue is okay, but all three being an issue is NOT okay and is the reason why you're dropping like a bug.

I was running MP4 for a while on 488 resist, 30k hp, 1.5k LOH, 5.3% LS at 80k DPS and was just surviving, dying if there's multiple ground effects.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Elcarim
At 84k DPS, LS aren't that effective, better to stack more LOH (recommend 1k LOH - Weapon 700+ ring 300 is enough)
Actually the breakpoint for LL is at 70kish but he neesd more LL. like 5.5% or something.
Reply Quote
ph okok... so i need to up my LOH or LL ?
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 12:17 AMPosted by DamageInc
absolutely rofflestomps mp1-5.

How? I couldnt even make it to the checkpoint outside Azmodan even on MP 3 to even start farming.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 12:06 AMPosted by aki95

Your armor and resists are both low. 477, in my opinion, simply isn't enough. Aim for as close to 700 AR as you can get. Regarding armor, 6000 would be awesome, but is very hard to attain, even with STI. Shoot for 5000+. In the mean time, get rid of MoC/Overawe and replace with either MoH/Time of Need for the added resists, or MoE/Hardtarget for increased armor. I would guess that MoH would be more beneficial to you right now, though.

As Raahl said above, you need crit chance. You have none on your bracers, amulet, or main hand ring. That's a potential 22% CC you're missing out on! O.o Try to get to at least 40% CC. Until you get your crit chance up, you might try a different rune for Sweeping Wind, maybe Blade Storm?

12/13/2012 03:59 AMPosted by aki95
ph okok... so i need to up my LOH or LL ?

With your damage, life steal becomes much more effective than LOH, though it doesn't hurt to have both. Just to give you an idea, you could look at my monk. I have 680-740 resists, 5500 armor, 3% LS, and 600-ish life per second (negligible, maybe). I can solo mp7 pretty easily, with a bit of kiting on reflect mobs. I would feel more comfortable with another LS weapon or some LOH, though.

Hope something of this helps ... it can get confusing when you're trying to figure things out. :)
Edited by Bane#1244 on 12/13/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
"scrapz" build a mp10 farmable monk for 7mil. You dont need 100's of million to farm mp3.

With 500 mil he can rule the world.

That aside, I do agree with most on this thread.

Basics....5000 Armor......500-700 AR.......3%-6% LS(depend on your actually dps, then stick with LOH)...35-40k hp also questionable....

Cheers,
Reply Quote
How the ... wait, what? I'm crushing MP5 with my monk. The base numbers:

47K life
517 resistances (OWE)
6371 armor (includes Enchantress and Hard Target)
2047 DEX
243 LPS
1482 LPH
7K globe/healing bonus
33K paper DPS

Your DPS is already way too much for MP3, and you're dying too much. The simplest change you can make, IMO, is to turn off Overawe and turn on Hard Target. Also, swap one of the emeralds in your weapons with the amethyst in your pants. Swap Sixth Sense to Combination Strike if you want to make up some of the DPS loss from the +100% CHD.
Reply Quote
View profile
Two easily noticeable problems:

- no life steal, and no where near enough life on hit if you're choosing to go that route
- resists are too low

Also, why are you using Sixth Sense? Mathematically (at least when dual wielding) Guardian's Path is better.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 12/13/2012 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
pretty much just testing everything hahahaha...

how do i update my char? to here?
Edited by aki95#6246 on 12/13/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bear with me on this, but I'd like for you to try this out...

Change Sixth Sense to Guardian's Path, and MoC to MoE/Backlash and do a few runs in MP5, then let us know how things went.
Reply Quote
@aki: As far as I know, you can't force the server to update your profile. I believe it rolls through and captures it on some sort of daily schedule. Try posting your stats here, or just talk in general terms about the changes you're making.

Edit: Apparently, exiting Diablo 3 automatically updates your profile! Tried it just now, and it worked like a charm. If you can't see your new gear set, make sure you select "Exit Diablo III," not just "Leave Game."
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 12/14/2012 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]