Diablo® III

Changing your DNS to fix error 3007

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
As many players in ANZ are experiencing error 3007 I am making a post so maybe the green will standout to help people abit(although its just info I've posted in the other threads).

Basically something changed last night in way your ISP looks up where blizzards server is on the internet, this happens all the time around the world for websites/games etc and thats why DNS(domain name servers) exist.

The issue is DNS servers use a cashed(stored) copy of what they lookup and only check for changes when they update which can be anywhere between an every hour to every 2 days. Thats where ANZ is hitting the issue waiting for the DNS to check for changes.

The patch itself didn't cause this, something else did whether blizzard changed the physical servers or AT&T changed some routing or such.

Your ISPs DNS server CAN NOT be updated by blizzard, however it does auto update itself so the issue will fix itself in time. This issue is caused by ANZ ISPs doing things differently to the rest of the world, Blizzard did not know or expect this.

If you wish to play in the mean time google offer a free public DNS server, below is instructions on how to change your DNS to this server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQkPVL2ERg

or

Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.
Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
Reply Quote
Good stuff Narull and kudos to Elthiriul for identifying it.

An additional note - if this does not immediately resolve the issue, your PC may be caching DNS locally, in that case open a command prompt and type the following command

>ipconfig /flushdns
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Instructions for other operating systems :

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

12/12/2012 12:18 AMPosted by smurfynz
An additional note - if this does not immediately resolve the issue, your PC may be caching DNS locally, in that case open a command prompt and type the following command

Very good point.

Here's how to flush the DNS on other operating systems (eg mac , linux , older windows versions) :

http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

Also try restarting your computer and your modem/router
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Hi all,

Still not able to log in.
Bathurst, NSW here
I'm running on XP.

Haven't been able to log in since 8pm last night when Patch/Maintenance started.
I've been trying to log in repeatly since 8am this morning, now it 8:30pm.

I've tried the forum suggestions here (Google Public DNS, manual DNS flush via command prompt), all to no avall.

I've contacted my ISP (Optus mobile broadband) twice and done 2 different manual DNS reset/flush methods, again no joy.

I've contacted Blizzard CS via phone (and spoke to a very nice and understanding CS Rep) and tried deleting the Battle.Net folder as she suggested, and still no luck unfortunately.

I can log into the Asia and europe server with no problems, but all my toons are on the The Americas server not the other two.

All my other browsing and DRM games (steam, etc) are working perfectly.

This actually seems to be a problem with the game server's DNS blocking all traffic from the AUS/NZ region.

Because if it was the AUS/NZ end it wouldn't be just only D3 having this problem.
Edited by Daemonchild#6365 on 12/12/2012 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Drixanna: As I said in the other thread it is nothing like what you have suggested. Please post a screenshot of your DNS settings if the google change isn't working.

The server is not blocking connections.
Reply Quote
Cairns far north qld here: well its been 25hours since this issue started. Do yourselves a huge personal favor and just use the DNS stuff. Put the stuff in, logged in, logged straight off, reset the DNS back to what it used to be and now it works fine. Big props to the people who suggested this and big props to the MVP's for trying to keep order on the forums today! we Aus and nz players, tho smaller in number we love to game up and we do it well!

So yeah, bang that DNS stuff in and lets get back to what we all came here to do! Killin some mobs in infernies and looting. peace
Reply Quote
hi , i'm in NSW sydney too , and the problem was solved as Narull suggested. so there is solution dont give up. cheers
ps i'm using Mac 0SX.
Reply Quote
This worked straight away. Using Windows 8 also.
Thanks Narull
Reply Quote
it worked on mac.. thanks
Reply Quote
Big props to you mate, this has been pissing me off all day(Aussie). EASY FIX HERE GUYS, Just follow what it says and you will be all sweet.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Narull
Blizzard did not know or expect this.

OK - thats why we got no help from them?
Sorry to all our customers, we didnt know this would happen so you're out on your own here. Fix it yourself or piss off.

Great customer service.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the Info!!

It works and fixes the 3007 issue. But does anyone else here expereince high MS/Ping?

I mean before the patch it was running higher than usual at 300-400 MS, whereas the usual is 200-280MS. I thought that after the patch it hsould fix or help with the latency as the servers would have been restarted or something like that. But instead the MS is worse. It is sitting constantly at the high 400 and spikes to 1000-2000 every now and then, which is making it impossible to play HC.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/12/2012 03:41 AMPosted by CoolieMost
Blizzard did not know or expect this.

OK - thats why we got no help from them?
Sorry to all our customers, we didnt know this would happen so you're out on your own here. Fix it yourself or piss off.

Great customer service.

Actually they have a sticky about it in tech support forums, they posted 4 times in general forums and twice in this forum.

I think its more they posted about it, knew thats all they could do so posting more would just cause more hate =/

I'm glad the fix is working for people though, I'm still trying to workout what Internode do differently to other ISPs that made it not happen to them.
Reply Quote
Still does not fix the fact that we are getting massive spike in pings since the last 2 patches. It is unplayable at this point and im beginning to give up after contacting support but no resolution has been met.

GG lets move on to guild wars 2 or poe :)

Edit: also been getting this error all day
69C6FE05-9C2E-43CF-9AEE-BBF434AE305F
Edited by YoursTruly#1670 on 12/12/2012 3:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I did this and got excited when I was able to login but then I tried to play a few games and was lagging REAL bad... im talkin 5 sec delay on my multishot.... so I went back to the old settings... then I tried to log in again, and this time it worked, but it was still laggy.
Reply Quote
To answer your question about internode, where they are not affect is because I believe they are only ISP ( possibly IINET too ) who has a connection to the states rather than routing the traffic through asia or another part of the world before hitting the states.

My friend plays SC2 competively and he brought himself a VPN line just so that he has lower MS/Ping here in AUS.
Reply Quote
Use the open DNS addresses.

http://www.opendns.com/opendns-ip-addresses

Sorry Narull but I will never ever use the Google DNS. I just do not feel safe doing so.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Use the open DNS addresses.

http://www.opendns.com/opendns-ip-addresses

Sorry Narull but I will never ever use the Google DNS. I just do not feel safe doing so.

Whatever works mate, each to there own.
Reply Quote
Doesnt work for me. Tried that crap out all day long.

Getting tired of blizzards crap.
Reply Quote
Not real computer smart and changing the DNS thingy scares me a little.....if I stuff that up can that be fixed easily? If so then I'll give it a shot but I don't really want to. Like I said, I'm not too computer savvy.

Think I'll just wait like Narull said and hopefully won't take too long to right itself.

Brisbane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]