Diablo® III

Why you still play Diablo III ?

Still play because I've picked the flower and pricked by its thorns, will be a waste to put it back down.

I'm still disappointed that the content shown in their trailers before the release was missing and the changes made are actually downgrades.

There's still stuffs I like about D3 though. Joining of games created by friend, health globes, gold auto pick up, pets that proc, not need for mf/gf due to paragon.

But damn lots of things I missed, weapon swap, elemental weapon effect, other gems/jewel/runeword stones, useful white gears, aesthetically pleasant crystal swords etc

And some I really hate which is Huge Cooldown! Rest I rather not talk about it.
Reply Quote
I play it because it's fun. I have a small group of players I play with and enjoy running higher MPL acts and uber bosses with them. I will admit I don't play as often as I did, but that might be more of me playing for wayyy too many hours then from any fault of the game. Overall I'm enjoying Tropico 4 and LoL while still running Act 3 runs.
Reply Quote
hey guys, youre pretty much telling them "Well done, you accomplished your goal perfectly"

you bought their hyped up game, you finished it in a week, you played for another week until all the courage to press "resume game" each time was gone, you quit and looked for a new game to buy

you guys dont actually like ARPGs, youre just sheep who play whatever flavour of the month new title, expecting to feel "rewarded" and told your a "winner" for your time spent
Reply Quote
I stopped playing after 1 month, tried 1.4 for 2 hours and definitively stopped playing this game.

I just come to the forums to see how people are disappointed with the game. I hope Blizzard will learn from this failure and never release such dumbed down games in the future, if they still care.

(and I secretly expect Kotick to be fired)

What I read was: Herpa, I don't play this game, I just lurk in the forums like a convicted sex offender might lurk outside of a highschool, to see what stupid comments I can land on a game that I don't like, derpa"

If it's that bad, then you are a sad individual, if I don't like something I do my best to avoid it, you should too...
Reply Quote
I play forum3 exclusively because it's fun here. Regardless of if it is trolling, constructive criticism or down right bashing folks who thinks this game is all that vs. something else. I've already provided by my constructive criticism months ago, and I don't know if blizzard cares or not to the majority of the complaints on here so it's just a hall now where people congregate to argue.

if they DO care and acknowledge these complaints as they'll dos omething or won't do something about then i have no further reason to wander these forums anymore because it suddenly got serious. But without it I see it as just an area where people are bored of D3 and come here to vent/talk about /flaws of D3 or some other game.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/11/2012 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
blizzard gave us a trash game and they ruined themselves an excellent reputation, hoped they learned a lesson
Reply Quote
Instead of lowering cost of crafting gems, how about having the higher tier gems drop in higher levels of MP10...give them the same drop rate as a really good legendary...That would give players a lil something to look forward to...
Reply Quote
I play hardcore MP10 with no AH or shared stash. Simply leveling is fun - you're constantly getting upgrades, the artisans are extremely useful, you have to carefully manage your resources, you're constantly upgrading your gems, and a shiny new weapon can make you change up your build.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The items sucks, the item drop rates suck, the item randomization sucks, the hellfire rings suck, the items in the AH are over priced, the RMAH is garbage, the character builds suck, the monster density sucks, the crafting sucks, the community sucks, this game and all it has to offer sucks. I don't know why I play it. I play it because I want it to be good, but it just isn't and I get let down every time I farm. The legendary items are a joke, everyone wears the same gear, the game just sucks in every aspect.

TLDR: THIS GAME SUCKS.

to your point about everyone wearing the same gear.. dont you think a transmog or an appearance tab option be cool? it wont revitalize the game to your standards but it would be a breath of fresh air.
if you think this is a good idea go support my thread and check out some ugly lol pics from people who contributed

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199963412

love,
Icarus
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Treasure hunt + exploration = fun.

I've also become addicted to HC. I recently lost my level 51 barb (glory to the fallen) but my WD is going strong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
I still play Diablo III because I like the combat, playing with friends, and farming items and xp. We know a lot of you feel that the game experience has room to grow and we sincerely appreciate all the suggestions on how that might get accomplished.

my suggestion is implementing an appearance tab or transmog feature. everyone looks the same becuz legendaries are now viable and you cant even dye them. i would appreciate it if you took a look at my thread, u dont have to comment, but just read the community's comments on this matter. thnx

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199963412
Reply Quote
I still play because I paid money for it, and I'll be darned if I don't at least play it enough to feel like I didn't throw that money down the toilet.
Reply Quote
I still play Diablo III because I like the combat, playing with friends, and farming items and xp. We know a lot of you feel that the game experience has room to grow and we sincerely appreciate all the suggestions on how that might get accomplished.

do you guys play with the same drop rates us players do? i assumed you tested the game with higher rates but how about now? or do you have separate GM account with gg items, and a noob(ier) "personal" account?

but more importantly, the xp and items you enjoy farming... what will happen when the first expansion is released and presumably ( and almost assuredly )the level cap increases? will it be anything like WoW and green will outplace a raid epic ( or in diablo terms a blue replacing an orange ) and will paragon levels go by the wayside? what will happen to our earned excess xp?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
if they remove the money Ah, make awesome items more occuring, add pvp, allow more that 4 per group, and give a talent tree like D2. i would hear by love this game.. but as of now... D3 is missing something D2 has..
Reply Quote
so i can hopefully find a 2 billion skorn and sell it.
Reply Quote

Precisely,,,I often wish there was not such strict punishment ? on dying, but,I totally get why , I think ;) ( Do I need reminded that I died, by taking sometimes a LONG time to respawn after timer ?)

Dying takes way too much gold imho, but then, I get that too..did the same thing in D2 ;)

cheers
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 12/11/2012 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
do you think that whenever the expansion comes, everyone will come back for sure, but look at diablo2.... we play it now because we played it then... maybe in half a year we will jump back.. love diablo3.. then go back to hating on it all ya trolls....
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Macroff
do you think that whenever the expansion comes, everyone will come back for sure, but look at diablo2.... we play it now because we played it then... maybe in half a year we will jump back.. love diablo3.. then go back to hating on it all ya trolls....

Nope, expansion generally expands upon its foundation/premise, if the systems are like this now and continue further onto an expansion with added small improvements highly doubt it.
Reply Quote
I get high when I find a legendary. Not like trippin balls, but a small jolt of adrenaline.

Also get that when i mow down a whole screen of mobs in keeps 2

progression is a drug

this is true for me.
if the paragon system had not been put in i don’t think i would still be playing.
as it is i have been a gamer for 25 years and always played as many different games as possible, now all i play is d3 and i am very happy doing that.
People think its really strange.
I think its the bit by bit progress that adds up over time that keeps me coming back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]