Diablo® III

Why you still play Diablo III ?

I really like arpgs. I like killing monsters, levelling up and getting loot.

I will say that I'm kind of frustrated at the moment- I'm on the worst run of luck ever for key drops. I'm batting 1 for my last 17 on MP5.
Reply Quote
because i still enjoy seeing that beam of light coming from either an orange or green item regardless if it's going to suck 99.9.

i still want my 1b item. that's my true endgame. don't give an eff about pvp either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
its fine that you rage he made a stupid offensive comment to an innocent person
Reply Quote
How about I change the question, WHY DONT YOU PLAY DIABLO 3? I have the answer too, because you suck.
Reply Quote
Honestly D2 is still a superior game in many respects and a lot more fun. I haven't given up on D3 and I don't plan to, but the items really need to be reworked to make it worth while. The stat system need to be reworked, cooldowns should be reduced or removed, items need to proc their effects more frequently, I miss getting lost in absurdly large overworld maps and the elemental spells need to have some sort of defined attributes. Those are the overall suggestions that I give and I know that I am just repeating.

You are improving the game, but honestly I am significantly more satisfied playing a frost telsadin or even a poorly built raven based druid from D2, than I am in any class in D3. I like the potential this game has, but please improve it. Diablo is one of my favorite series and this game is mediocre in comparison at the moment.
Edited by TeTrodoToxIn#1504 on 12/11/2012 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
PvP must deliver. That's when I will give my opinion of why I still play.
Reply Quote
Honestly D2 is still a superior game in many respects and a lot more fun. I haven't given up on D3 and I don't plan to, but the items really need to be reworked to make it worth while. The stat system need to be reworked, cooldowns should be reduced or removed, items need to proc their effects more frequently, I miss getting lost in absurdly large overworld maps and the elemental spells need to have some sort of defined attributes. Those are the overall suggestions that I give and I know that I am just repeating.

You are improving the game, but honestly I am significantly more satisfied playing a frost telsadin or even a poorly built raven based druid from D2, than I am in any class in D3. I like the potential this game has, but please improve it. Diablo is one of my favorite series and this game is mediocre in comparison at the moment.

well said.
Although many of the likes you said are personal. having more characters and builds makes sense.
DIII will improve, hopefully expansion, hopefully more interesting stuff. I havent touched DII since DII come out, and both games are good.
I just really like the story and the vibe, and since theyr good, its all the reason in the world Id play and enjoy the game! ;)

A good game doesn't become awesome overnight, it takes time to get brewed, perfected, loved and balanced over time. Exactly what is blizzard good as.
Reply Quote
Hmm. Honest answer is because I work a lot, and when I'm not working it's night time (winter) and I don't have much to do, so it solves the problem of being bored..

I had played D2 since classic and really enjoyed that game... specifically the social aspect and the PvP.
The reason D3 hasn't held for me is because I have no good way to meet people. I think the social interface is poorly done. Also there's no PvP, and therefore no reason for me to really lust after items.
Reply Quote
About a month back, i was darn close to quitting as most my real life mates dropped out of D3. Depressing when the number of friends online drops or double digits to practically nil.

Luckily, i got introduced to a new bunch of mates (internet mates - lol) that are addicted to Hellfire ring farming. These dudes always play MP5 and higher - I used to face-roll in lower MP's for paragon farming.

Started playing MP5 and above from about 2 weeks back and with a party the game becomes much more enjoyable! Pretty much spend 3-4 hours per night smashing through monsters.

Sure legendary drops have been pretty bad (rolled a 910 dps manticore with intelligence roll two night back - trololol), but even getting the ultra crappy legendaries are fun when you show you party and get lol'ed at big time
:)
Reply Quote
I am still playing this game for 5 reasons..

1. I loved the other two games

2. I am playing with a few left friends

3. I simply love the sound when legendary items drop xD

4. Because of being able to do sth after reaching lvl 60 (plvl and Org runs)

5. Because I hope for patch 1.0.7 with even more to do after lvl 60
Reply Quote
play d3 is just like playing d2, it turns to be a habbit for me
Reply Quote
99% of D3 player base still play because they have hope they roll good item to sell for $$$$.
Reply Quote
Why do I still play? hmmm The thrill of the hunt is probably the only thing keeping me around; the idea that just one more run might yield me a really good drop and if not, then maybe just one more after that. Pure and simple, it's addiction. This game as BORING AS YOU-KNOW-WHAT for the casual player who just wants to come on and play for an hour and make some real progress and get new cool gear. The game has been engineered with the template of WoW; make the game engaging til they max their level, then force them to grind endlessly with a dangled carrot for a year or so until we create more content.

I got very angry back in 1.03 when I got stuck at the start of IA2 and didn't feel like grinding IA1 with no good drops. The loot system was HORRIBLE and caused so many people to walk away, many of which for good, both in this game and as a Blizzard customer in the future... yes it was THAT bad guys. Only now when I'm at lvl 60(+30) with decent gear am I having good luck with some good drops now and again and that keeps me happy.

I will say that if the loot system was notched down a bit to where you had the same likelihood of getting decent drops at a rate of at least 1 an hour, and I'm not talking Uber stuff here, just stuff that is interesting and maybe a slight upgrade for your level, and it was done across all level grades, the game would have been much more engaging all throughout. D3 has the same thrill as running Mephisto in D2 as far as gear finding, the only difference is that in D2 you always got tons of "rare" stuff that you already had before and once in a great while, you'd find something awesome. At least in D3, you get largely junk and vendor trash but once in awhile get a really nice item. It's just a shame that it took several version upgrades before the game got to that point.
Reply Quote
I don't.

Diablo has never been about difficulty, why these new developers thought that would be a good idea is beyond me. Fact they even got the game with their resumes is beyond me as well.
Diablo 3 isn't difficult especially if you spend a little bit of cash, but then you run into the problem...why play when it is so easy and all the loot blows?

Diablo 2's loot was 1000x better then Diablo 3 in about every way. Low level uniques actually were useful even at high level, while in D3 any low lv item is automatic gutter trash.

They should honestly just cancel the expansion, cancel the PvP that they will mess up without a doubt and just let Diablo die. Or ship it off to a different developer because Blizzard obviously has no idea how to maintain Diablo anymore without North.
Reply Quote
Game is fun, if it's not what you expected:sorry
this is another "go play another game" thread
carry on

Well that was useful and insightful conjecture?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]