Diablo® III

Why you still play Diablo III ?

View profile
Because I have fun slaughtering demons and foul beasts. Watching the barbarian sending some enemies straight to the moon and back. Watching him sending them flying across the floor is fun. I like watch how each class kills the mobs.

Recently though I have decided to get serious about farming and learned a good farming route. Sure it might not be the best farming route but it is one that I like and can use it well. Using it I have found more upgrades for my barbarian and even scored the first legendary ring in inferno you see on my barbarian.
Reply Quote
I don't :) I bought Titan Quest on Steam for like 60 cents as part of the Humble Bundle.

It's a better game than this piece of garbage and it came out six years ago!

I am a happily divorced former Diablo fanatic.
Reply Quote
I still play because I am still having some fun. I would love to see some changes to increase mob density in acts other than 3. I would even be happy if they simply allowed moving between acts freely without having to linearly progress. I'd love to finish an act 3 farm up by shooting over to kill the butcher and warden, etc. etc. However, I suspect given the Quest-Start nature of the game that this would be a difficult task for the team.
Reply Quote
Why i play D3? There is some things like:
1. Check how big rateing i gonna have on ranked games.
2. Its Diablo and it actualy best from that kind of games, even if they failed at beggining now they showed that this gonna be rlly best game.
3. Its Blizzard they no gonna leave Diablo 3 know as shiet :P
4. I wonder how gonna looks final version how many cool thing they gonna add, mostly i wait for pvp
5. Alot of friend will play when they finish :)
Reply Quote
Frist of all i not trolling blizzard or something like that. I'm really disappointed with this game, and I'm not the only like that. I want to know, what the reasons you still continue to play this game. Because in my opinion, this game is completely unbalanced, in a matter of you doing a different character building, skill, not counting the many items that need improvements and varieties. For example: Shield, some rarely uses a shield, for lack of improvements and varieties. Without counting the lack of new legendary items. Actually you should only farm and farm and farm, and farm and the answer is always the same. Can you count on one hand how many character building and skills you can do.
I try in many ways to know what makes a true fan of Diablo series, continue playing Diablo III but my account was banned several times already. Again I say that, I'm not trolling anyone. I want to know, what makes a true fan of diablo, keep playing Diablo III.

obs: Sorry for my bad english.

Obviously they are doing somthing right to keep you here after being banned serveral times?

I personaly am really enjoying the game, I improve on my gameplay and character everyday. I learn new things about the game and new builds. I also try to help the community out by posting and helping others improve on thier own characters. If you just stay positive and enjoy the good things you wont have time to point out all the bad. And yes there are many things thats great about this game.
Reply Quote
Yeah there is room for improvement but, I like farming and levelling new characters and I love it when a leg drops with that sound I get excited then I id it and 9 out of 10 times its crap but it was exciting to get one drop in the first place, it is getting a bit boring for me but I still like the game - having trouble getting my Wiz past lvl 50 paragon because it's getting to be a bit of a grind but I do not even have a hellfire ring yet cant even beat ubers over MP2 but I will continue to play cause when they do a big patch and expansion pack it's sure to be new , improved and exciting again for a while. I appreciate Blizzard and all they do to try make the game experience better for us. And I played D1 and D2 in it's hay day.
Reply Quote
I still play Diablo because I have played the game since 1996 and followed the game through the hellfire patch. Waited for D2 to be released in 2000 then LOD, and then D 3. I don't wait with baited breath for the expansions or PVP, or the next patch, it will do your head in. They will come with time.

It's come a long way since D1, and there will always room for improvement.

I have no real complaints, but would love to see being able to change weapons with a button and have your skills change with it. Being able to play offline would be another bonus, and being able to relist an item on the AH without having to type all the details in.
Reply Quote
Diablo: My inner childhood
Diablo 3: One of those priests you hear about on CNN
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Druid
I don't play anymore. I don't like the item hunt aspect of the game, or rather how random it is, so after I've seen my brother finish the game I lost interest in actually playing it. My characters are actually at Act II in the normal difficulty, I never went back to them.
Reply Quote
i agree romulus..those three thing would drasticly improve the game...with the simplicity of the progression ...why cant we have some sort of random loot generating offline on our own pc's? why do we need internet for "lone wolf " sessions? some sort of freestyle play was what made the earlier versions great and fun. i'm not saying do the whole thing that way...but somethin'....?
Reply Quote
Because hardcore is actually somewhat rewarding? it's a nice casual time filler while I'm waiting for code to compile or feel the slightest bit of tilt after losing 4 games of sc2 in a row.
Reply Quote
I was playing it to kill time until I get my hand on SC2 beta key and I did. Fun while it lasts very repetitive and no real challenge back to my root strategy pvp game.
Reply Quote
It's something to occupy the last two processors while rendering. Grind to unwind.
Also the community is a bunch of beeches. Entertaining.
Reply Quote
I always come back and check forums to see if there is a reason to come back to D3. The only reason I would log on is, because Im hoping this game will get better. LoD did make D2 a lot more fun. Maybe I don't have the same love for dungeon crawling as I used to.
Reply Quote
View profile
Frist of all i not trolling blizzard or something like that. I'm really disappointed with this game, and I'm not the only like that. I want to know, what the reasons you still continue to play this game. Because in my opinion, this game is completely unbalanced, in a matter of you doing a different character building, skill, not counting the many items that need improvements and varieties. For example: Shield, some rarely uses a shield, for lack of improvements and varieties. Without counting the lack of new legendary items. Actually you should only farm and farm and farm, and farm and the answer is always the same. Can you count on one hand how many character building and skills you can do.
I try in many ways to know what makes a true fan of Diablo series, continue playing Diablo III but my account was banned several times already. Again I say that, I'm not trolling anyone. I want to know, what makes a true fan of diablo, keep playing Diablo III.

obs: Sorry for my bad english.

SOmetimes simple is enough, so if you really are looking for opinions ( sometimes its tricky to tell real ones from mocks) then here:

Played D2 liked it, eventually got bored of same ole, sound familiar ?
Play D3 like it BETTER because its enhanced in everyway that I prefer, running contrary to 'some' peoples opinions is absolutely irrelevant to me, and I could care less what hardcores think. I like doing MP with everyone regardless, but these attitudes I see of the type ' nanners this isn't like D2 so F it!' is just absolutely ridiculous,pety and childish and Im so not with it.

D3 is absolutely stunning visually, great combat ( if you are into all that , but hey) though as games goes like all areas of life, things CAN be improved, is challenging ( unless you are a hardcore user who thinks your gaming skills are second to NONE ...HM really ?) and though its 'just a hack/slash' at the end of the day, its one of those games that due to its nature, keeps you coming back for me 'challenges'. It does its job amazingly well because BLizzard has amazing programmers and art teams, who know their craft :)

Now , having offered that loving and glowing review of what I Like, there are things I do NOT like, but they are quite few; I do not like so much the death timers ( just like WoW and I really don't like them there either!), I really can't stand the fact that you can't boot someone from your public game for doing stupid things, even though its YOUR DECISION to open the game to them and trusting their good will, therefore the control should be in your hands. Granted doing so should be limited, but it should be there.

Case in point; one time a group of fun loving sports were playing dungeon in wow, and some nerd came in, during his LUNCH HOUR and ran so fast we could barely all keep up..when we told him to SLOW it down son, he said,,oh but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Im on my lunch hour!

So you see the moral to the story is, be careful what you wish for and do, because somebody is going to get tired of it and fix it, and if its not fixed somebody will create a game that does ;)

I have no other gripes with the game, and everything else is spot on and fun. I think its the perfect balance atm anyway, between casual and hardcore; casual enough that you don't want to pull your hair, and hard enough eventually to keep you going forward.

I SO do not miss assigning skill points as in D2, though while I did that in that game, it was ,,basically fun, I guess. Meh-, but I don't miss it, at all. You must COMPLY!

Im sure with patches and ,,ahem..expansions that this will be the game everyone wants as a perfect sequel to D2,,and why not, do you think blizzard is into this to lose money ? LOL!!

chow
caJAI
Reply Quote
View profile
I still play Diablo III because I like the combat, playing with friends, and farming items and xp. We know a lot of you feel that the game experience has room to grow and we sincerely appreciate all the suggestions on how that might get accomplished.

Unless you have an answer about PVP....Get Lost!

Hey, why don't you get lost, er wait, you were never welcome to begin with, with totally like harsh and gnarly statements like that...check forum guidelines lately man ? ;)

cu
caJAI!
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 12/14/2012 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have stopped playing completely. I was hoping it would play out like the first video jay wilson was showing the press once d34 was announced thats the diablo I wanted to play. When barbs had armor dmg that can be seen and the witch doctor could summon zombie dogs from corpses and then imbue them with locust swarm that diablo looked fun i want that game pls!
Edited by Cypherz#1278 on 12/21/2012 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been playing D3 since day one at a casual-hardcore level. I think I have missed logging into the game maybe four days total in all this time. I play this game because I enjoy the environment and the gameplay. I don't even mind the AH. I use it to find good deals to assist in my progression. I've tried the "go back and farm Hell" to obtain items to progress in Inferno and it's a pretty crappy way to obtain gear. Taking 2 steps back to go one step forward is not my idea of fun. At any one time, I have between 1-2 million in gold and that's it. If I find myself stalled at any one boss and my gear isn't cutting it, I'll go shopping. Legendary prices on the AH are extremely good these days, and players are crazy not to take advantage beginning at level 10. The gear is absolutely reusable to put back on the AH when you outgrow it.

I play Diablo 3 because of the Inna's Reach that I have on my monk that I obtained at level 45. I entered a bidding war on it the day before Thanksgiving and it concluded Thanksgiving morning. I won the item for 700K. I could flip it for a butt-ton of gold but its to cool to sell and I can use it all the way to P100.

I play Diablo 3 because its my game.
Reply Quote
Aren't we all just killing time waiting for PVP?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]